It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain says Obama trip to Iraq soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

McCain says Obama trip to Iraq soon

news.yahoo.com

"I believe that either today or tomorrow -- and I'm not privy to his schedule -- Sen. Obama will be landing in Iraq with some other senators" who make up a congressional delegation, McCain told a campaign fund-raising luncheon.

The Reuters piece hints at it. But if Obama is going to be in Iraq this weekend, this is a major breach on McCain's part. As a knowledgeable insider notes ...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

"If it is true that Obama is going to Iraq this weekend, it is a very serious mistake for McCain to have disclosed it publically. Even for run-of-the-mill CODELs the military gives guidance like, "Please strongly discourage Congressional offices from issuing press releases prior to their trips which mention their intent to travel to the AOR and/or the dates of that travel or their scheduled meetings. Such releases are a serious compromise to OPSEC." If Obama is going to Iraq this weekend, I can not begin to imagine how much this is complicating the security planning for the trip." link

No doubt an attempt to appear 'knowledgeable' and 'commanderish' but once again, when McCain tries, he often fails...miserably.

No doubt there was no malicious intention on the part of McCain here, only his standard of being, apparently, slow as in not quick to think about what he is actually saying.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Animal]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Animal]

join