It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God has no religion, so why would He want us to have one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
High priests wore dresses? I'll bet when they got into the sacramental wine;
things got kinky. Perhaps if the current flock of high priests like Jerry Falwell and Pat, Benny Hinn wore dresses, they would present a more accurate picture of what a real high priest is. However their corporate jets separate them from the congregation pretty fast.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The High Priest had to follow Old Testament laws.
Biblical vows and their significance

The only time wine was forbidden was to the priests when they administered in the sanctuary or Temple,

"Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations."

Leviticus 10:9

or when one became a Nazarite,

"He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried."

Numbers 6:

Some of those you listed are just wolves in sheep's clothing!

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Some of those you listed are just wolves in sheep's clothing!

And Clearskies, therein lies the problem with religion in general as E_B was trying to illustrate.

Members of a particular religion feel Superior to member of other religions. God did not designate His chosen people. I know the Jews claim to be God's chosen but I also personally know Southern Baptist that
hate Jews, They call Jews "Christ Killers" and other profanities.
The Crusades, the Inquisition, even the current war against Muslims.

God must be very proud of his creation.
Man has built religions not to glorify God but to satisfy some innate need to feel special and superior to his fellows.

I want no part of that. Eventually it leads to murder of real people and consequently murder of the spirit. And perhaps murder of God himself.

Do you see the inherent danger from a group of people that think that for some reason they are anointed in the eyes of God and they "know the truth" and have the right to force their will and beliefs on the people they deem inferior. That is most religions in a nutshell.

I saw on a bumper sticker "God please protect me from your Followers"

I personally feel much more afraid of some religious zealot than an atheist.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
God was in the begining and was from the start so he make the religon. God make the rules. God give us the way of life and the word of his will. God makes the religon.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

High priests wore dresses?

That is an outer covering.
They had to go up steps, so they wore pants, underneath, so as to not expose themselves to God's alter.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm sorry if you met people like that!
I have been to MANY Baptist (not too many southern Baptist) churches and I never saw any of that, although a few would have been mad if a african american came in!
There are proud, deluded people even in church.
I NEVER have heard a word against Jews and even to the contrary in my search for good churches.
I would not stay in a church like that.
'Christ killers', my foot!
It was 'to the Jew first and also to the gentile' as far as Jesus went!
I don't feel superior to anyone who isn't a child molesting, old lady murdering freak!
I keep in mind where I came from!
I, myself am against Zionism in it's pure form of subjugating gentiles and Talmudic law practice. It's wrong to still be killing unbelievers and dealing in treachery.
I got saved and Jesus has been my guide for 15 years!
I love Him always and other people, whether they hate me and my religion or not!

Again, I am sorry for your witness of un-Christianity!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

God was in the begining and was from the start so he make the religon. God make the rules. God give us the way of life and the word of his will. God makes the religon.

He was in the beginning AND the start? Both? Was he also at the commencement?

God makes the religion? Which one? Or does He make them all? Logic tells me that He either made all of them or none of them. Common sense tells me the correct choice would be none.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All this talk about high priest outfits.....

This, I believe, is the Queen of Iran (or was? Kind of a hotty, no?). So she is a high priest? She is God? I believe her Whitman Sampler is hidden under the robe...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is also a high priest I think....

It appears there are a variety of crowns (some are artist "renditions"...this one of the Chief is real as it is a photograph, therefore, he probably is God). Is this also God? Is God a shapeshifter? I suppose God could take any form He wanted, no? So God is a shapeshifter. We have that. Where is the Whitman Sampler you ask? Exactly what I was thinking. That's why I really think this IS God!

God the King? I thought Elvis was the King and Freddie Mercury was the Queen and the Prince, well, Prince is the Prince.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join