It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i need some help from photographers on ATS
who are willing to share their skills with others.

give tips and so on so others can read them and get some ideas on how to take decent snaps. i have a few people just need some more aboard

you wont regret it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Im up to learn some tips and if i ever discover any i might share them too.You see bodrul i just bought a 450D as well and would be keen to learn new tricks.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've been doing photography since 1978.

Love it.

As to getting a good photo, it does take practice. Subject matter is not so important as the agnle, framing and lighting you choose.

Most people are going for the digital stuff these days, but IMO you can't beat film. There are different types of film available, standard stuff you get almost anywhere, transparency film (used for pics in magazines etc ..high quality stuff, most professionals use this..love that film.) and you can even get infra red film (night shots).

I much prefer SLR cameras due to the ability to swap o\ver lenses depending on what you're doing, some digital cameras are getting this type of lense swapping becoming available..

I used to have a Minolta dynax 7000i... loved it..my biggest lense was an 800mm mirror lense, I was able to take a photo of blackpool tower from over thirty miles away. in a 7"x5" photo, the tower was still only about half an inch high though
but was a great night time photo for me to achieve.
Got some great black and white moon shots with that too.

Framing your pictures makes the difference. Getting the eye to find the best angle comes over time. Sometimes, you'll find a great angle but the lighting will be wrong, so you either gotta come back at the right time of day with the correct lighting (sun/daylight) or get an extra light source.

Anyway, I hope I can be of some assistance.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here are a few...

When taking portrait or group shots, I allways take a quick burst of three or four photos. That way you can be sure of at least one picture with everyones eyes open.

Be aware of the dead space around your subject, its allways better to get in a little closer.

Remember, the closer you are to your subject, the less 'depth of field' you will have.
Practice using aperature priority to get the shot that you really wanted.

I once took a picture of 72 people including children so i used the 10 second timer on the camera. the shot turned out great because everyone was facinated by the flashing light on the front of my camera and all heads were facing the front and all eyes were open.
I only took one shot to to get that perfect pic.

Hope these tips help

John.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by jon1]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
thanks for offering to help everyone
i have set the site up finaly

hopefully it will have diffrent areas for people to have their own section to share their Tips and so on

top topics

join