It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got an Xbox 360 and a lot of free time ahead of me. Suggestions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So I just finished a very long, very tiresome stint at work and now I have my off time til late August. I'll be working a bit, but for the most part I'll be working out, drinking beer, and catching up on movies.

So then I look across the room and see a dusty Xbox 360 with a copy of Gears of War sitting on top. I have nothing else to play. I don't really play games at all. When I do, I play the game til I beat it, then I don't see video games again for another 6 months (I didn't even know what Crysis was until I just saw it on the web a couple minutes ago).

So the question is.. What do I spend my small amount of money on? I like FPS's pretty much as my bread and butter, but I also dig a platform now and then and I can always get into Madden. Role Playing games are not for me. If I want real substance, I read a book. I did like Fantasy Star Online for dreamcast, now that I think about it.

Favorites of all time:
Halflife 2
Fear
Super Punch Out
Call of Duty
Halo 3
Deus Ex

So what should I buy next? COD 4? Condemned?

Help a brotha out. Thanks kids.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I enjoyed COD4...

Too Human might be coming out soon, maybe you'd like it?

xbox360.ign.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Condemned is a typical Sega game (not much advertising, quick price drops etc) but dont let that fool ya both condemned games were pretty friggin sweet lol. And ya too human does look pretty awesome, cod4 is pretty cool, gta4...meh its ok. Theres also ninja gaiden2, battlefield: bad company, and unreal tournament 3.

edit to add: I bought unreal tournament 3 and its definitely no halo,not that it was ever meant to be, but it is made by epic games which also does gears of war and has a pretty nice clip about gears2

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Secret Shadow]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bioshock you need to play that game. Look for some review, none of them will say it's bad . To me bioshock is the best game ever.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
bioshock...screw bioshock....its supposed to be survival/horror, but its the worst survival/ horror i've ever seen.. its basically for newcomers who havent played Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or The condemned series

Btw i would go with the condemned series for horror/survival

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
COD 4
Ever played any of the Devil May Cry series?
Halo 3
GTA 4 although it was a let down, was still a good play
Bad Company
Unreal Tournemant 2

I like shooters

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you want first person shooters then bioshock, COD4 or Battlefield:Bad Company. If you play xbox live also then COD4 and Battlefield are definately worth the money since the online multiplayer is pretty addictive on both.

If you want other games away from the fps genre then ninja gaiden (quiet short) and devil may cry 4 for platforms, which are both pretty good.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Since you liked Dues Ex, try out Mass Effect. It's an Action RPG with shooter elements like Dues Ex except much more traditional Sci-Fi than Dues Ex. All the other "must haves" for 360 have been mentioned. There are lots on the horizon too.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Dead Rising will have you killing time like no-bodies business, I know it's old now but that means it's cheap, and it still (IMO) lifts it's weight.

I bought this in the las 5 months and I keep going back to it to do it all over or just Pick up and play Zombie killing madness.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Take your 360 to your nearest game stop

trade it in
with all your games and controllers

buy a PS3 80gb hd edition with Metal Gear Solid 4

you'll be entertained for weeks.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You know, I love the metal gears, but I just never had luck with Sony platforms. Not saying they aren't good, they just never worked out for me.

I've played Dead Rising to the point my fingers hurt, but its been a looooong time, so maybe I can get into it again.

BioShock is one of my favorite games ever, but it had no replay-ability to it. I'd throw that in as an almost "FPS RPG".

I think either COD or Condemned. Are their single-player games good enough to go without online for the next couple months? I'm moving so my Live won't be reconnected for awhile.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The main campaign of COD4 is pretty short, your looking at about 6 hours or so. However playing it on veteran can add some longivity, since you have to think a litte opposed to just run and gunning. Still good tho. As for condemend ive not played it, however since alot of people here are recomending it I might give it a go myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ive played all the Silent Hills and most Resident Evils and i thought they were pretty scary(in a good way),but condemned actually scared the bejeezus outta me sometimes lol. Thats the only game like that I had to take a break from lol

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Are you mental get Grand Theft Auto 4

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybach Hanson

Yeah - its the same game as GTA 3
Just a few more bells and whistles

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Buy COD4, man. It's awesome! Play through the Campaign first and afterwards, go online. It's VERY addictive.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Halo 3 is the ultimate game, the best ever, in the history of ever. Call of Duty 4 is OK, some people seem to think it is the best but it does not compare to Halo 3. GTA 4 was fun for the first week or two but got pretty lame after that. I have not played GTA 4 for a long time, dont buy it, waste of money. Bottom line, HALO 3.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Halo 3 Online is for noobs. The gameplay is so fricken slow it's a wonder anyone can get a positive kill ratio. COD4 is where the skilled competition is.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Halo 3 Online is for noobs. The gameplay is so fricken slow it's a wonder anyone can get a positive kill ratio. COD4 is where the skilled competition is.

For noobs? What? You cannot be serious. Gameplay is not slow. I have positive kill ratios on both of my accounts. COD4 online is lame IMO. I dont like how the player moves, the guns, the way you aim, the buttons on the controller, or any of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well my favorite at the moment is Tom Clancy Vegas 2, but depends if you like realism or not

It kind of got pushed to the back of the line because i got GTA IV at the same time....but in my opinion it is prob better than GTA (not that GTA is bad)

I also recommend COD4 and I still enjoy the old COD's too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join