It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Rock Lab Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is from Linda Moulton Howe.

July 18, 2008 Portales, New Mexico - I (Linda Moulton Howe) contacted the original geologist in Portales who did the first February 2005 energy-dispersive x-ray fluorescence spectroscopy on the rock for Robert Ridge. I learned that all the original test results had been lost a couple of years ago in a computer hard crash. So, on Tuesday, July 15, 2008, I drove to Portales, New Mexico, to meet Robert for a second round of testing of the mysterious carved rock at the Physical Sciences Department of Eastern New Mexico University. The Chair of that department is Geology Professor James Constantopoulos, Ph.D., who has taught at ENMU for nearly twenty years. Prof. Constantopoulos began by examining the rock under a lab binocular light microscope.

Read the rest of the analysis and the interview with the Prof. that looked at the rock. There are photos there too.

Roswell Rock Lab Analysis

[edit on 7/18/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well I'll be a you-know-what.

They should let him take a sample of the rock to verify that it is of this Earth. Very mysterious stuff though.

I would also be interested in knowing how old the rock is.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's an interesting bit of work, although other than it being associated in some way with Roswell (supposedly), I'm not sure what it has to do with aliens or UFOs. It's not like an alien in a UFO threw it at somebody.

Quite a trick to get the symbol raised up from the rock, though. It would be relatively easy to carve something into the rock, but that raised portion is tricky. You'd have to sand blast the rest of the rock down or something to make it look natural.

A tombstone carver or somebody like that would probably be able to do it. Just for fun.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ya never know....maybe an alien did throw it at someone.

Ah, the ironic humor, a member of a technologically advanced species chucking rocks! It would be like a person flinging feces at a monkey.

I'm gonna have to re-read that article. Did it mention where the rock was found?
------
Edit:
Ah, duh. It says in the first paragraph.

So, it was found in new mexico and the crop circle is in England. So it may not be someone's idea of a practical joke. Unless that person is well traveled.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Promecus]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The design of the rock carving and the design of the UK crop circle are clearly identical. I wonder if an image of the rock was published on the Internet before the crop circle appeared? The similarity is too remarkable to be coincidence.
Either somebody copied the carving, or they were both made by the same agency.

WG3

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So, in terms of the chemistry, it was consistent with what you would expect in an iron-rich sandstone.

So its perfectly common and not made of anything unearthly.

The carved rock was found by Roswell auto repairman,
Robert Ridge, 50, during his September 4, 2004, deer hunting trip near Capitan

Maybe a professional machine shop with the right tools could do it.

Like a auto repairman might have access to?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well the analysis clearly shows Silicon, Iron and Calcium etc as major components. You will find these same general composition in rocks everywhere on Earth. So my excitement has vanished.

Had it been some exotic elements or unusual combination of usual elements, it would have mattered.

There is nothing extraordinary in the design or carving to indicate anything non-human, in fact human can make extraordinary stuff. So nothing much interesting here.

The crop circle is much older than the rock pattern, which means the latter was copied from the former. The rock itself could be millions of year old, but that hardly matters. Most of the rocks are very very old.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So its perfectly common and not made of anything unearthly.

Yep

Like a auto repairman might have access to?

Yep

Almost every machinist I've ever known has piddled around with machining this or that, in meaningless patterns, just as an artist may doodle... The only thing that even ties this to the "UFO" phenomenon is the resemblance to a crop circle, so it's a pretty loose affiliation to start...

While certainly not a "closed" case, it certainly belongs in the "most likely a hoax" category (especially when combined with the Mayor's comments, etc.), sounds like a tourism drum-up to me....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
they found it was not made using a laser.. if someone did make it, i don't think they would just leave it in the woods.. perhaps the person who made it dropped it by accident? ..but he probably would have come forward and clamed making the rock. on the flip side.. if it was made by ET, it was probably meant to be discovered.. and i would not doubt it was intentionally meant for Robert to discover.

maybe this is a game that ET likes to play.. when ever he makes a crop circle he also makes a stone with the identical pattern carved into it, and then hides the stone somewhere on the planet.. with the objective being to find the stone and bring it to the crop circle... burry it in the center of the crop circle and wait for the tooth fairy.

i wonder if the crop circle is still around after 12 years..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Although he failed to find signs of laser engraving, it is still possible.
There are other ways to precisely carve any rock .....

These pics show that this type of art is common. A few years of weathering can do anything...

[edit on 18/7/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Interesting how something so apprently amazing suddenly becomes so very mundane once you check it out.

Quote: "The pattern is remarkable. Obviously, it is something
that took a lot of care and knowledge to produce because this hard,
iron-rich sandstone with magnetite is not easily worked."

Quote: "Wondering about the mystery of it. This rock certainly has me baffled."

- James Constantopoulos, Ph.D., Geologist

A little Googling for 'precision sandblasting' produces dozens of candidates, any of whom could create a rock carving like this with trivial ease.

For example

I guess Professor Constantopolus really should get out more. And I don't think Linda Moulton Howe comes out it the investigation with much credibility either. As a researcher, she could have cleared up this question herself without spoonfeeding the gullible Proff into making silly statements.

WG3

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
mmmm weird story indeed.

but anyway, that stone and crop circle looks like a sort of parallel universe or dimension, all is in opposite.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This "magnetic rock" is mentioned in a document sent to me by ufo researcher Chuck Wade several months ago along with other related items, (labled EFTV)...... s251.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Its almost as if it were formed using a play-doh set....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

that first picture 'religious_river_rock.jpg' sure looks a lot like the Roswell ET rock.. it's too bad the ET rock was not carved from a diamond or something more impressive.. although, the symbols depicted are 'sacred geometry' so even if it's not from ET, it's still very mysterious.

form the video i saw of the guy testing the magnetism of the rock by holding a magnet over each of the circles, and the rock would spin in opposite directions. i was wondering if the rock is displaying 2 separate magnetic fields? and is that evidence of something that is artificially magnetized? it would be interesting to see what pattern it would make if applied to some metal shavings.

here's a link to the video im referring to:
Roswell Rock Rotating Under Stick Magnet

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by v1.01

no - it is ` displaying ` a north and south pole watch the way the person moves the magnetic pickup tool - to keep the poles aligined - thus maintaing movement

its amazing that anyone thinks this is mysterious or special - how do such peope think electric motors or alternators work ??

such a trick can be done with any peice of magnetic material the right shape

i have made a crude vid - with just a cheap compass and a screwdriver

please watch : vid link

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
what is Linda Howe's interest in this? Im a friend to Robert Ridge, and seen the rock, and he is a good person and honest.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

its amazing that anyone thinks this is mysterious or special - how do such peope think electric motors or alternators work ??

i think what is special about the magnetism aspect of the rock is this:

the possibility that whoever, or whatever, made the pattern on the rock might have intended to link the upper circle and crescent to a counter-clockwise rotation and the lower circle and crescent to a clockwise rotation by utilizing the magnetite distribution in the rock or the pivot points of its peculiar shape.

top topics

join