It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginners Guide To Remote Viewing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
reply to post by Alora

I'm glad you liked it! I have only had a few OOBEs and I can honestly tell you I'm not sure. Maybe a more seasoned ATS member could answer that question.....

I appreciate your response and honesty.
To be honest, I've never been able to tell the difference either, but I run an OBE group and get asked this question fairly regularly. I've yet to meet a person who knows the difference, assuming of course that there is one.

Which leads me to believe that they are too similar to seperate. My opinion, only of course.
But thanks again for the info.

I'm surprised you don't know the difference. OOBE is a conscious separation of the physical and ethereal and enables exploration of alternate realities like the astral plane or even the physical world. Remote viewing, for me, has never involved any separation, the target appears as an image, like a photo or movie. The two are very different. Having said that, I'm extremely bad at both disciplines so I could be wrong from a scientific perspective and only speaking from a personal subjective perspective.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
[
I'm surprised you don't know the difference. OOBE is a conscious separation of the physical and ethereal and enables exploration of alternate realities like the astral plane or even the physical world. Remote viewing, for me, has never involved any separation, the target appears as an image, like a photo or movie. The two are very different. Having said that, I'm extremely bad at both disciplines so I could be wrong from a scientific perspective and only speaking from a personal subjective perspective.

I think I've experienced remote viewing before, lying in bed watching a very vivid square image like watching a movie in the cinema.

But you can turn it into a obe, by going into the image or trying other techniques. Hard to explain, but from this stage it's easy to take the next step, because your in a trance, perfect for obe etc.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think I've experienced remote viewing before, lying in bed watching a very vivid square image like watching a movie in the cinema.

But you can turn it into a obe, by going into the image or trying other techniques. Hard to explain, but from this stage it's easy to take the next step, because your in a trance, perfect for obe etc.

Yes, but there you have the difference. Consciousness, mind splits, etheric separation, perception etc etc are the differences between lucid dreaming, dreaming, OOBE, RV etc IMO.

With OOBE, you actually GO to a target, RV, you just view it... from a distance i.e. remotely.

The preparations and intent is very different with each discipline.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
This is hilarious. Seriously. Why didn't one single person take Randi's $1m prize if this stuff is possible? Why not give the money to charity and change the world forever. Either it doesn't work or every single person who can do it is selfish beyond belief.

Could you please elaborate on this post. Like what is this $1m prize being offered by this person Randi about?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Hey I didn't know this thread was still active lol. I too have never heard of this 1 million dollar contest. More info please?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

Originally posted by dave420
This is hilarious. Seriously. Why didn't one single person take Randi's $1m prize if this stuff is possible? Why not give the money to charity and change the world forever. Either it doesn't work or every single person who can do it is selfish beyond belief.

Could you please elaborate on this post. Like what is this $1m prize being offered by this person Randi about?

That would be James Randi a.k.a. "The Amazing Randi". If there were a debunker king he would be it and seems to have many followers. He has done magic shows and explained some of the tricks. He has also appeared on several programs explaining trick and exposing people that may not be completely telling the truth, Uri Geller among them.

He doesn't seem to believe in anything that can not be proven by scientific methods. To the best of my memory his challenge is 100% repeatable accuracy in lab conditions for any paranormal event. I could not find specifics of the test details but didn't take a complete look through his site.

From their web site:

"At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests."

Main site:
www.randi.org...

Challenge page:
www.randi.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

dave420

Because the US Government has already spent more than $1,000,000 perfecting the techniques just to Spy on Russia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join