It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Romanek EMF video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

That model has a selection switch that can detect cellular phone radiation as well as radio waves.

Seems kind of pointless when you dont show the detector but he covers the battery opening with his thumb.

Probably has the battery wedged just good enough so that he can manipulate the machine turning it on and off when he chooses to. But hey who am I to say, I've never held one or seen one work. But my idea seems like a very logical explanation.

Should have place it on a table by itself while showing the front of the gauge.

This is ignorant!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Not knowing too much about what this is supposed to be. I came to this conclusion when I first viewed it: Mentally challenged person or a someone in a trance communicating with the light, turning it on and off.

After reading the thread, this guy can be serious. In looking at a post to what is purported to be the same device. As others have stated the device should have been placed on a table or pedestal of some sort. The camera positioned focused appropriately to view the meter as well as light.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is a diagram that shows a little more of the "functions" of this device...

Im just going to quietly step away from this one...too many variables and no way to validate the data. If this video was made by a researcher, in an effort to try and document "actual EMF activity" it is done unprofessionally and without
some very BASIC protocols in place (ie. EMF detector needs to be clearly removed from any possible interference) ...no wonder this is considered a fringe pseudo-science when we have stuff like this offered as "proof"... I mean, even the "Ghost Hunters" know better than this...they follow a strict protocol, which is paramount when trying to document anything of an intangible or para-normal nature.

[edit on 7/18/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

Because the being identifies itself as a gray!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I agree this should have been done differently if they wanted to prove it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

This is nothing wrong with your post Nephra. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. And please don't take offense.

The caption states they were 'playing' around with one of the investigators EMF detectors. And I haven't seen any claims by Stan that this is proof of anything.

As several people have pointed out looks like the guy got stuffed, had one too many beers and had some fun never dreaming this would end up on youtube.

On the other hand it could be a feeler to see how people would react to it.

Until we know more about why they brought the EMF detector to a bar-b-cue, the purpose of the 'session,' and what Stan has to say about it we need not jump off the cliff and tie a rope around our neck.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

That fact is that they did put it on youtube.

Then why post it in a forum that requires proof to substantiate anything?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

The caption states they were 'playing' around with one of the investigators EMF detectors. And I haven't seen any claims by Stan that this is proof of anything.

As several people have pointed out looks like the guy got stuffed, had one too many beers and had some fun never dreaming this would end up on youtube.

For someone who "CLAIMS" to have an actual video of an ALIEN and has kept the world hangin...for the "scientific evaluation" of said video....before its release for public scrutiny..... "playing around" with videos is the absolute LAST thing this guy should be doing...

watching...

credibility...

circle....

around...

the drain.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I can't argue that point. But people will be, well, people.

Some people get drunk and act like Britney.
Some get drunk and have auto accidents like Lindsey.
Is it too much to suppose this guy got drunk and played with an EMF detector?

Of course, those camera flashes indicate some intent, but until we know what that intent was, we're just guessing.

Logically, if Stan wanted to offer this as proof (of something), he'd post it on his site and say it outright.

It is still an interesting video.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
we all know hes pulled some stunts before that were very unrealistic..so its my opinion that this is another case of the boy who cried wolf, if he is for real than im not trusting him untill i see anything with him right there in person..

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ksavoy30
Whats this got to do with UFO's & Aliens can anyone enlighten me? Otherwise maybe move it to the ghosts section IMHO

Did you even watch the video?

You obviously didn't. If you did you would have heard this question right before the flashy thingy went off..

"Are you Extra Terrestrial?"

I SIMPLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LEVEL OF IDIOCY OF SOME POSTERS!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Thanks for digging up that picture.

This verified that the guy could have been switching between a a lower and higher sensitivity, thereby effecting an ON/OFF switch.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PApro
we all know hes pulled some stunts before that were very unrealistic..so its my opinion that this is another case of the boy who cried wolf, if he is for real than im not trusting him untill i see anything with him right there in person..

Interesting comment. Just to be the devil's advocate here feel free to list the very unrealistic stunts Stan has pulled before.

He's provided evidence for review to Cornell, the University of Texas and the University of Nebraska. Not to mention, Dr. Ronald Stearman has done audio analysis of the UFOs Stan has recorded.

Seems pretty clear if Stan wanted to make a statement that this is proof (of something), he'd put it on his website.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Please explain clearly what is happening other than a guy on a couch and blinking lights coinciding with some other guy talking? Thank-you in advance.

Best regards,

Bewildered.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by IdeaLogical]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Looks like July 4th nearly sent that dude into a post BBQ Coma. Happens all the time round here. I'd give anything right now for a stomach full of cow, a cold beer, and a lazyboy. MMmmm. Well maybe a piece of gramma's lemon bundt cake with chocolate frosting too.

hahahaha! I laughed my butt off

Seriously, though, is this Mark Romanek that did "Little Trouble Girl" for Sonic Youth?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fomalhaut
hahahaha! I laughed my butt off

Seriously, though, is this Mark Romanek that did "Little Trouble Girl" for Sonic Youth?

No, that is Stan Romanek who has the alien in a window video. You remember the guy from Denver who released the still of the alien in the window. That's the guy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
[edit on 19-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

Is it too much to suppose this guy got drunk and played with an EMF detector?

Of course, those camera flashes indicate some intent, but until we know what that intent was, we're just guessing.

Logically, if Stan wanted to offer this as proof (of something), he'd post it on his site and say it outright.

I understand what your saying, I really do. When looking at issues, such as these....you really need to detach yourself emotionally, and look at things as factually as possible.

Fact is: they are trying to say that this recorded incident is legit.

July 5,2008 Investigators from Para Nexus and In The Shadows among other guests
where enjoying a barbeque at the Romanek house. While Stan and his guests where
playing around with one of the investigators EMF Meter, it went off. As they where
talking to thin air to see if it might some how affect the meter, everyone was surprised
when the meter would respond to yes and no questions. Yes the meter would go off
and No the meter would do nothing! The EMF Meter used was a Cellsensor EMF Meter

That is what the original poster of the YouTube video had to say about it....with his 6 day old account...
The whole mess is shaky at best.... if his "Alien Footage" is anything like this... hopefully is NEVER is released, theres enough garbage floating around out there as it is.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic, its nothing personal.

[edit on 7/19/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

No, you aren't being pessimistic, there are too many holes in this story.

This could very well be a truly credible story. I want to believe that Romanek did not forge the evidence in this video. But, there is no way for us to prove it.

Even if the EMF meter did not have a button on/off, one could easily be wired in, or as someone stated the battery could be jangled (thats the scientific term of course).

No offense, but it seems that Romanek has more to learn about investigating and evidence. Or else he was too drunk/full to follow procedures. Either way, this video hurts his credibility, and should not have been released on the internet.

Anyways, what does this prove? Are you alien.. beep beep..... were you in a craft.. beep... beep....

I have not seen EMF variance from beings believed to be E.T. before, so this would be precendence setting for me...... if it was credible.

Try again boys....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

There you go. Six day old account.
Couldn't wait to get this up there, could they?

Stan could have had it up the next day had he wanted to make a statement. He has his own site. So the door swings both ways.

It could be to discredit him, could be a ploy to get him to release the info he has, or could be some silliness.

I won't call it a hoax by Stan until we hear what his intent was by participating in it.

Of course, judging by what you point out on the youtube page, we could say the poster is likely hoaxing since he is presenting unverifiable information.

The alien in the window video has been beat to death with too many hoaxes. You'll be surprised when you see the actual footage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join