It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatry Exposed? - Doctors claim psychiatry is a HOAX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It has, at least for a while, occurred to me that there may be a little more to these drugs prescribed for mental illness than meets the eye. The short video clip below, I think, nails the entire situation. There is no blood test to prove a chemical imbalance, therefore where is the proof of a chemical imbalance? Exactely, there isn't. So where to we get the term chemical imbalance? It appears psychiatrists meet up and actually MAKE UP new illnesses! This is truly the REAL insanity.

How can someone fabricate an illness, fabricate a non scientific method for discovering an illness, and then prescribe drugs for that illness. Which in the Doctors own words, not only have no curative effort on a patient, and actually have a detrimental effect on the person they are administered to. That is itself causes one to ask they question (as per the clip) who benefits? Well first lets see the results of mass medicating people with poison they don't need. The main two that spring to mind are:

Scandalous profits made by the pharmaceuticals
Innocent peoples emotions and mental faculties supressed

A rational person can understand (although not agree with) how large pharmaceutical companies would wish to rake in obscene amounts of cash. But who benefits from suppressing and causing harm to innocent everyday persons mental faculties? How exactely are these people a threat to society?

Or is it simply the case, as I speculate, that this is an abominable attempt by the world elite to stop persons waking up and realising their divine power within. That would certainly fit the modus operandi of what we see in the everyday push for the new world odor.

I am not suggesting that the symptoms ill persons are experiencing are not real or trivial, what I am suggesting is that there may be a better way to treat someone than chemically castrating their freewill. There are many alternative therapies that work very nicely for victims of suppression (depression) meditation is just one of them. Diet also plays a prominent part in ones health.

Think about the term mental disease. DIS-EASE, a mind that is ill at ease, or not at ease. Given the negative filth that is pumped into peoples subconscious on a daily basis, how can any rational and loving human being not feel sad at the state of the world. As for persons suffering from psychosis, is it not possible that they are sometimes experiencing supra-normal abilities, seeing extra dimensions, spontaneously remote viewing things. Is it not possible that schitzophrenic persons are experiencing some sort of inter dimensional obsession, and that the voices they are hearing are very real.

I think in these days of expanded awareness we should stop trying to force the innocent to chemically conform into thinking the way of the collective sheep, there has to be a far more humane and loving way to treat humans who are suffering.

Here is the short clip I found. I welcome your considerate views.

Psychiatry Exposed on Youtube

Best Wishes.

EDIT to fix spelling Mediation to Meditation

[edit on 18-7-2008 by TrueLight]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
In truth a hypochondriac could disprove most doctors easily.For example google celiacs disease and bipolar disorder,you will find support sites and such where people say they were diagnosed with bipolar(manic depression)years back,but now after struggling with other symptoms such as chronic diareah or constipation the person is also diagnosed with celiacs disease,celiacs is a gluten allergy basically,the body treats gluten as an enemy and wow go figure when ingested by a person with celiacs they have severe mood swings,from rage to mania to depression,put simply death begins with what you put in your mouth.Oh and did I mention that if you read on and yes this is in many medical journals...that what you eat literally shapes your life,nothing like a diet high in omega 6 to close off those cells and keep the nutrients from getting in.Yumm yumm!Sorry I was diagnosed with anxiety about 4 years ago(gad)But when I look back,no kidding lol,I was eating Mcdonalds on a regular basis,drinking heavily and heavily smoking marijuana.I even told my doc that,he acted like oh no biggie i cant see all that causing it...wow the brains these docs have is pathetic..no wait the schools they go to which surely big pharma supports have pathetic educators.Point simply put,u are what u eat.So yes the whole field is a crock,Instead of coming up with fancy names for bad eating lack of exercise,drug use or severe allergys why not just tel the patient they are eating garbage.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have always said that psychology and psychiatry were little more than a money making racket. Back in the fifties, the DSM only had fifty or sixty diagnosable "mental illnesses," now it's like 250!!! They label everything a "mental disorder" nowadays.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Please distinguish between psychology and psychiatry and psychotherapist.... psychiatrists are the greedy hacks and psychotherapists are people who think they took an education.

Psychology holds at least some merit.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I have always said that psychology and psychiatry were little more than a money making racket.

It might be wise, after a statement dismissing two seperate 'sciences', what the difference between the two are.

imo, which could be wrong, the simplistic answer is that psychiatry is a field which promotes drugs in dealing with mental illness while psychology looks for the source of the illness within the life history of the patient.

Let's not add another field of medicine when the topic is psychiatry.

*Speaking as a member, NOT a mod*

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoidjoe
Instead of coming up with fancy names for bad eating lack of exercise,drug use or severe allergys why not just tel the patient they are eating garbage.

You are bang on in my opinion, changing my dietary intake has worked wonders on my mood. Bravo joe.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
PEOPLE NEED TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TRASH THEY INGEST,SO MANY YOUNG PEOPLE HERE IN THE STATES GORGE ON CHEESBURGERS,FRIES,MILKSHAKES,SODA AND CHIPS...WHERES THE MINERALS?WHERES THE VITAMINS,THE FIBER?WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
APOLOGIES FOR NOT BEING CLEAR,BOTH THOSE SO CALLED SCIENCES ARE PHONY,WHY DO I SAY THIS?OK FIRST THE SUPERSIZE ME TEST,EAT GARBAGE FOOD FOR 30 DAYS,WOW,NO KIDDING YOUR DEPRESSED,NO KIDDING YOU WANT TO BE ALONE AND ISOLATED...YOUR BODY IS BEGINING TO SHUT DOWN,I MEAN COME ON ITS PRETTY CLEAR...AND OH YEAINGH PSYCHIATRY IS THE SAME FOR THE MOST PART,WITH THAT IT TENDS TO BE ABOUT ASSUMIN THE BRAIN OR WHATS IN YOUR HEAD IS RESPONSIBLE,WHICH IS ONLY A SMALL PORTION,BECAUSE IF YOU EAT RIGHT AND CUT OUT ALL THE PROCESSED GARBAGE YOU FUNCTION BETTER AND IN TURN ARE ABLE TO OVERCOME THE IMBALANCE THAT WAS CREATED BETWEEN THE BRAIN AND STOMACH TO BEGIN WITH.U ARE WHAT U EAT!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Paranoidjoe,
Could i please ask you to not use all caps when posting as it makes it hard to read your point, You are new here so just a lil heads up,.

Thanks

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Back to the topic at hand,

[edit on 18-7-2008 by asala]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Paranoidjoe

This is interesting. In fact, most people can drop quite a few pounds of fat just from excluding wheat products from their diet. Wheat gluten is not good for everybody.

I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the Information.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ive been diagnosed with mental illness, even though I'm not mentally ill, but physically ill. It seems easier for doctors to put me on pills and refer me to mental health services than to find out whats wrong with me (suspected ME). I never take the pills. I took some a few years ago and they made me worse, now I wont trust a single one. They are made mainly for profit not to help.

I went to the doctors recently cos my sleep has been worse, and ive been even more exhausted during the day. All he did was prescribe Amitryptaline to help with my sleep. This is an antidepressant, and also something given to kids to stop bed wetting. It has some very nasty recorded side effects too.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, this thread has been up a little while now, and no one seems to be able to debunk it. Does anyone reading this thread actually believe psychiatry isn't a HOAX! ? So far no one has left any corroborative evidence to the contrary. Are there no medical professionals on ATS who dare attempt to debunk this post? So far it seems not. I would love to hear from anyone who has scientific proof to show someone being cured by psychiatry, however, I don't see it happening. Until it does I am going to have to stick with my original decision. Due to , what I personally perceive, as incontravenable truth. Psychiatry is a HOAX!

Much Love - TL.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
And now the knockout blow....
More corroborative evidence to suggest psychiatry is a HOAX!.

Psychiatry the fraud.

Coupled with the original post this seems to have Psychiatry on the ropes. How can they defend these facts? This backs up what I was saying in the original post about people with special abilities being percecuted.

Much Love - TL.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I guess I'll jump in and defend psychiatric medicine.

Psychiatry as a science isn't necessarily interested in the pathology of a mental illness, as that is the purview of clinical psychology; rather, it concerns itself primarily with acute symptoms.

This means psychiatric medicine is useful in two ways: first, it can be used to supplement therapy (while a counselor hunts down the root of the problem, psychoactive medications can help the patient overcome short-term issues), and second, it can help a patient manage an incurable mental illness by eliminating its impact on the patient's life (schizophrenia comes to mind).

I think the problem arises when psychiatric interventions occur without the benefit of counseling; it is pointless to hand someone drugs if they aren't going to get help from a clinical psychologist or someone who knows what they are doing.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i actually posted that video and another a year ago, but linked liveleak instead of youtube:

Industry of death

the 2nd video comes in several parts and is long. be aware that it was apparently made by people from a sect. keep that in mind, the last part is an advertisement for their organisation.

it does cover a lot of historical and current issues in the feild of psychiatry, though.

Originally posted by Long Lance
i'm currently trying to locate the videos again, until i found it, all i can offer is a short version:

www.livevideo.com...

thanx for posting that the lonk is broken.

edit: the videos were relocated, apparently, see

www.livevideo.com...

they are now selling it on DVD , d'uh

[edit on 7.6.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I certainly hope none of my paranoid-schizophrenic friends come across this. It will only help to dellude them. Hoax or not, they need their psychiatrist and their medication.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

I have always held a high regard to psychological counselling "talk-therapy" all the way back to my early teenage years. I remember being in High School and watching mom & dad go through their typical marriage & financial struggles of having 2 houses and 5 children's mouths to feed. though separated, I felt for both of them. I never felt as though their issues were issues of my own, but I had a deep longing and an abundance of compassion to help. One of the ways I found beneficial to each was simply by listening...then by responding with hope & inspirational thoughts, loving messages from my heart. Sadly, none of which were effective long term, but on a positive note...joy filled each of their hearts just knowing how much they were loved and appreciated. Mom was a work in progress. She held the handle in the house, & when things got tough, we (or at least I) became stronger, more dilligent with listening. I knew that when I grew up and would leave home, I would benefit, somehow from counselling. And, that I did. I loved it! Counselling helped me to rebuild my self esteem. There were many things in life that I didn't know how to cope with. Drugs, as far as I was concerned, would only be making matters worse. I remember my exact response while trying 1/2 of a prozac my friend (who suffered from bouts of depression) gave me "my god...this stuff is horrible...how can you take this...I feel like I'm ready to jump out of my skin...like I have no concept of time". I felt anxious and hesitant all at once. yes...just from 1/2 of a pill! Our family doctors always said that I had a fast response to medicines, unlike my sisters and brother who had to wait hours and days to feel the effects of medicines. All throughout counselling, I remember my Psychologist telling me how proud he was of my progress. There were times when I'd hit rock bottom, like when a friend died or I went through my first-love breakup. I really felt sad...but I never contemplated hurting myself or anyone else. I learned that these were NORMAL feelings of "sadness". Not some kind of major depression or mania. Even at my lowest, my Psychologist NEVER forced me to take psych drugs! He gave me his pager number and home telephone number in the event that I was having a difficult time that I couldn't deal with on my own. He was the best Psychologist in the WORLD! After a few years of counselling, I was surely on my way to a bright future. Didn't mean I wouldn't have my triumphs and challenging moments...but certainly a healthier perspect on self and on life.

I've written this with love, compassion & hope that there may one day be more doctors like mine out there in the world who do practice Psychology with wholesome ethics, sound principles and a message of hope to those who do need therapeutic counselling.

I know what it's like to walk in their (patient's) shoes in a place where there only seems to be darkness and no promising tomorrow ahead. When I look back just 2 years ago, I can now see just how fortunate I truly was to come out "unscathed" from psychiatric drugs. I suppose one can say I was one of the lucky ones...perhaps an angel to those inside the ward who had it far worse than the 3-4 days I was in. There are no words that can describe what I went through in pursuit of justice and liberty let alone what I witness inside. No one will ever know what this is like...to have your freedom-your liberty taken away from you unless they walk in your shoes...and it can happen faster than a split second.

I don't wish for Psychology to be demolished...I only pray for those who have suffered along the way from the inhumane acts of Psychiatry today.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Kontagion, thanks for playing devil's advocate. I believe what you are saying is, that these persons are displaying certain behavior that may be a danger to themselves or others. Therefore without the proper knowledge psychiatrists have only the option to incapacitate the patient. But is that not the same as fixing a broken leg by amputating it, that's what used to happen before knowledge of fixing them and proper disinfectant practices were available. Certainly the patient would no longer complain of a broken leg. Do you see my point? Instead of psychiatry simply proclaiming that its knowledge is insufficient, why doesn't it increase its knowledge? Well this is my original view, psychiatry isn't trying to cure people because its raking in too much profit from the pharmaceuticals. So I stand by my original take on it, no proof, no cure , HOAX! But thats for expanding the debate it's appreciated.

Anonymous, what a beautiful and caring post you made. Very touching. I agree that psychology and talking therapies have a place. But at its worst psychiatry is barbaric (ECT etc) and at the very least its mildly damaging. Again thank for your very humane attitude and your touching post. Best wishes.

*pokes psychiatry with foot*

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No problem TrueLight.

I've posted some links below regarding past studies, experiments or procedures which are now known as being unethical or extremely (and dangerously) misguided. This might seem a little off-topic, but my point is that science - especially cognitive science - isn't always a shining example of virtue. It is entirely possible that the paradigms and practices of psychiatry today will be seen as horribly barbaric tomorrow. Just some food for thought - I'm feeling decidedly neutral on the subject.

Electroconvulsive Therapy. Though still used today, there are serious doubts as to the effectiveness of this procedure. Today, people are walking around with serious brain damage because of this barbaric practice.

Eugenics. Though the disciplines of psychology and psychiatry didn't spawn this vile little ideology, they did enthusiastically support it during the late 1800's and early 1900's. The result: concentration camps.

Little Albert Study. An unethical study conducted by the famed John Watson. A baby was used as a guinea pig in his experiment on conditioning.

History of the Lobotomy. Yeah, I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Scientific Racism. Psychology has been an ENORMOUS promoter of scientific racism - search for "The Bell Curve" if you want a recent example.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Kontagion]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kontagion

Thanks for the links Kontagion, good reading, albeit slightly disturbing. Highlights the seemingly uncaring and clinical way some small section of society is treated. For me at least it makes it easier for me to understand mankinds mistreatment of animals. After all if a human can do that to a human, then where is the love? Once again , thanks for taking the time to add those links. Best Wishes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join