It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange happened to me. Is a time stutter real or did I just make it up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is the first thread I started, so forgive me if its in the wrong place. It seemed like what I wanted to type about fit in the board the best.

Also, I just joined recently, because alot of strange things have happened to me lately, and I stumbled here on accident, and have been enjoying it ever since. But what I'm about to post about is by far the weirdest.

The story itself is short. It was about 9 or 10am, and I was laying on the couch reading Physics of the Impossible, before my kids got up for the day. My boyfriend was on the computer, which is in the same room I was reading in but we were facing away from each other.

All of the sudden, I get this feeling in my body. It's hard to describe. It was like a mix of getting a really weak electric shock, the kind that's not painful at all, but its startling and buzzes you just a little, and the feeling you get when you go down a big hill on a roller coaster.

I even did a sort of black out thing, which seemed like it only lasted a second. But I was completely aware that everything was black, similar to having your eyes shut. Then I got the feeling in my body again. Then it was over. My boyfriend didn't seem to notice anything, and I don't bring up stuff like this with him, because he thinks he has a logical explanation for everything. So I was silently freaking out. Things are going through my mind. I first thought I had a seizure or a stroke or something, but I'm only 23 and in pretty good health. If I didn't smoke I would say I was in great health. Plus I'd like to think that if I was having a seizure or something, it would at least make my boyfriend look away from the computer screen.

And thinking back about it more, I very clearly remember that before it happened I was laying on my back holding up the book to read it. After it happened I was laying on my stomach with the book on a pillow. Then a few minutes later when I started reading again, I was rereading pages I had already read.

It's just the more I think of this the weirder it is to me. I think I came up with the word time stutter, cause that's all I can think of to describe it. Is that even real? I tried to search for it, but nothing was relevant. I'm not sure if this happens to other people as well. If it is real, why would I notice it, and not my boyfriend who was 20 feet away?

Is this even an explanation for this other than I'm crazy?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Weird indeed. I wouldn't normally say that, but something very very similar has happened to me a few weeks ago.

I was at my computer talking to my boyfriend, as right now we live in different countries. I was very relaxed in my chair. And suddenly something for which the best description that i found was "a wall of energy" hit me very hard. I nearly jumped out of my chair. I did feel the blow in a very physical way, just not in my body, but inside of my brain. Kinda hard to explain... I also felt like blacking out for a few seconds. And then this wave of energy started spreding down through my body, but i guess that was just the adrenaline, as i got quite scared.

I too was afraid that i was having a seizure or a stroke or something. But then again im perfectly healthy and 28 years old. And it did feel like something coming from outside my body.

Well, it didn't happen again. Also i didnt notice any "time stuttering".

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sounds to me that you blacked out for a second. Blacking out isn't normal. It could be you was tired and dozed off a second. It could very well be a stroke, heat stroke, or seizure, or body lacking something like fluids. Check blood sugar, blood pressure, check eyes for pupil sizes, discoloring. You being female abnormal bleeding, check and see if urine is cloudy, or bad strong odors for infections, or dark amber meaning blood in the urine. Go get a checkup from your Doctor. There could be a silent killer lurking there so don't just blow it off. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Realistically if a 'time stutter' did exist and it happened, there would be no way in which you would realize it. If, while typing this, time froze for 1 billion years (although there would be no way in which to measure this freeze since the measurement would be inactive) and time suddenly started again, it would seem as if nothing occurred.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
hi there Jessika,

welcome to ATS,

i too agree with sean, you should go to the doc`s to get a check up , as what you have described could be an indicator of a problem.

good luck and let us know if you are ok.

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Could it have been a hypnagogic effect? Were you drowsy or really relaxed while reading the book?

I do have a similar experience however of something that ISNT hypnagogia. I will on occasion have that "heart just dropped" feeling in my chest and stomach when im relaxing. Probably something BAD but i havent been checked out or even know how to describe it fully. I think it has something to do with my breathing rhythm as im beginning to slow down for sleep but it does seem to shock me to a near alert state.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Actually, that relaxed theory kinda makes sense.

Considering that I'm rarely relaxed(with a toddler and a 10 month old), I probably didn't recognize it. hah.

I do have a doctor's appointment less than two weeks away. I'll bring it up just to make sure.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sounds like a small panic attack... the electrical buzz feeling, almost blacking out, disoriented time. It happens when your body gives you a blast of adrenaline at an inappropriate time, usually when your relaxing btw.

Take a look at the stress in your life... and try to take a little time for yourself everyday to think out the issues that might be getting buried due to being a busy mommy.

Bright Blessings and good luck.

new topics

top topics

join