It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heath Ledger the Worst Joker I have ever seen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy05

His batman voice is sooooooo overdone. And that boy needs to open his mouth with he speaks. He has no facial expressions, or emotion when he acts.

When playing batman you must remember that you are playing two TOTALLY different characters. Batman Bruce Wayne. These two characters are totally different people.

I thought that was the point? It was overdone to hide his real voice.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes. Basically.

I too felt it was all wrong however it is the 'dark' side of him and I guess that low gravelly whisper is it.

I personally am not a fan of Christian Bale but I did enjoy both Betman Begins and TDK immensely.

Those flawing Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker are obviously not real Batman (comic) fans. He played him as he should be seen on the bigscreen

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Personally I think that if you put any above average actor in that role they would have done just as good if not better than heath...

I just think Heath Ledgers death did for that movie what 9/11 did for Giuliani's campaign.

As for Bale...HORRIBLE...

That guy is so so so so so so bad. No style, no charisma, just awful.

And the love triangle between Dent, wayne, and Dawes??? Are you guys seriously suggesting that was needed?

As for action...I think forrest gump had more action.

The whole computer thing designed for Freemans character was more than un-needed

The movie was a soild 6.5 out of 10...Ledger whom carried 5

Sorry, Im not gunna buy into the marketing that was pushing this movie. I watched it twice and both times thought the same thing.

It just goes to show you how idiotic our society is becoming when a movie like this will prolly get movie of the year. The standards are so low when it comes to making movies now a days...just blow some buildings up and have a guy play a crazy person, and have a blitzkreeg market campaign "If you dont see this movie then you are a loser...oh yeah and like it too, cause the guy who made it died!"...BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

:bash:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I also love how everyone is now an expert in the Batman comic book series. "Yeah but that he played it just like the comic book"

Do you know how many times i have heard that? Have you actually read the comic book? Or you just going off of what someone else said?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is why Ledger couldn't be the Joker to me:

The Joker commits crimes with comedic weapons (such as razor-sharp playing cards, acid-spewing flowers, cyanide pies, exploding cigars filled with nitroglycerin, harpoon guns that utilize razor-sharp BANG!-flags, and lethally electric joy buzzers) and Joker venom, sometimes referred to as "Joker Juice", a deadly poison that infects his victims with a ghoulish rictus grin as they die while laughing uncontrollably. All of his equipment and comedic weaponry are ingeniously designed to look at first harmless, (so as to not raise suspicion) and then kill unwarned enemies. They are so ingenious to the point where they can even outsmart Batman.

The Joker's origin mostly is based on chemicals turning his face white, hair green, and lips red. He Is infact a master criminal whose characterization has varied from a violent sociopath who kills people and commits crimes for his own amusement, to a goofy trickster-thief and fiendishly intelligent lunatic with a warped, sadistic sense of humor.

Now...reading the comics....watching the old shows and cartoons...playing the games....owning the oldschool toys....

I have to say that Ledger was not to blame! It was bad casting! Ledger was a GREAT person to act "psychopathic" But he WAS NOT Joker!

Jack N- made a MUCH CLOSER Joker, but not all there! he was funny and sadistic, but not all insane like Ledger!

All in all, Ledger was by far THE WORST JOKER I'VE SEEN!
I went to the movies wanting the Joker- I HONEST TO GOD- Walked out the theater 30 minutes later! I was really really disapointed with the director, i do not blame Ledger.
Though if this wasn't based of the Batman we all know and love in the comics and shows- then whatever. But growing up to Joker and seeing this was just A KICK IN THE NUTS!
=-for those who whine he's the best Joker (Ledger), i could care less, this is the truth so get it through your heads, YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUE JOKER!-=

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

As an actor, I will say that NO you can't just put the average actor into that role and make-up and tell him to "act that way" and it'll be good.

From experience, a role as deeply sinister as that is something that affects the mind and the body.

A good actor knows you don't act. You just ARE that character, I think that's the problem with film and television, it's sad to say that with most so-called "actors and actress'" these days are just going right into film and tv, so the real feeling behind acting is lost. If you watch the actors with a theatrical background you see that they have a different style of approaching their roles.

Heath Ledger did a fabulous job, it's a shame that his acting technique led him in another direction thus his untimely demise.

If you think that anyone could have played the Joker the way Heath did then you are severely mistaken. It takes a serious effort to place yourself in such a dark and demented place, believe me I've been there before and let me tell you it was not easy coming out.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by bandaidctrl]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The joker is supposed to be an insane killer that has no motive and no morals and no mercy.

when you shoot a gun and a flag with the word bang comes out....it gets a little stupid.....

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm not a big Batman fan but I was surprised by Ledgers performance.
He definitely pulled off "crazy"
Not a Bale fan.

All in all - pretty good movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

Welcome to the freakin Jokers mind... Look up the Joker... You will find that his way of killing is through comedy... These tools are TOO smart! making people unaware how dangerous this "toy" is!
It's not stupid to people who know the Batman comics!
As a fan i was dissapointed! Highly!
But to say i never saw a comic in my life or a show.... Maybe it would be good to those who haven't.
People just don't get the straight fact that- "IT WAS NOT THE JOKER" - more then just some crazy killer!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I just watched it the other night and as far as I'm concerned there is only one Joker and that's Heath Ledger. What's next for the Batman movie? Who is gonna top that performance? If some one can then it's the next big hit movie out there.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Heath Ledger's character was very cool. The movie in whole though I think was worse than Batman Begins, and fails in comparison to the original Batman.

I was never reading the comics...so I can't say whose the better (truer to the character) Joker. Nicholson seems to have more similarities though to the cartoons and the 60's show.

Jack and Heath played two very different characters. To be honest, the new Nolan movies are more like secondary movies to me...When I think the Batman movies, I think Burton's work (and Forever wasn't too bad).

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Absolutley..

OP must be a troll or on some serious drugs.
Serious Performance by ledger.
No question, my opinion, but wow...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Not to say Ledger was a bad actor, But i didn't know plucking your lips every 10 seconds was BRILLIANT ACTING!!!

Honostly, Jack did play the truer and more relative joker.
But Ledger played a more evil carefree psycho.

Ledger reminded me NOTHING of the joker. Which made me mad...but apparently lip pluckings the new brilliance! haha just kidding.

To say Ledger tried the hardest on Joker then anyone else would be a lie.
Jack, Who's role in the Shining is UNMATCHABLE, may have tried the more Comic version of Joker, which fans know and love! Not Ledger!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join