It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heath Ledger the Worst Joker I have ever seen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Seriously awefull, The original batman movies were alot better, even the one from the 60s was pretty good. Even Batman is terrible. What is it with filmmakers these days, what are they telling these people that make them act as poorly as someone on a soap opera.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Heath Ledger was the best Joker! Have you followed along with the comics at all? The Joker is supposed to be a psycho. Not some gangster like in Batman (the one with Michael Keaton). Both new Batman movies have revived what the last few movies killed. The characters are finally more like the comic characters they are based on.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
too bad he's dead. i heard they were thinking of a sequel where joker and riddler were 'buddies'. called brokeback batman.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Before he died they were telling him that he might get an Oscar for the best joker yet. Too bad drug took his life!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Brain Damaged

Didn't they already do that with Batman and Robin?

I haven't seen it yet, but Batman Begins was a good look into the psychology of the dark knight. I anticipate seeing the new one, I hope it's good. I am the worlds meanest movie critic.
If it's not gone with the wind or Citizen Kane then I poo poo it usually.

[edit on 7/18/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
there's no doubt that they were going to try and get him into future movies. he was amazing in the movie (saw it last night). The Joker in this one is not a gangster, as mentioned. His background is a total mystery and the story of the scars changes every time he tells it. He's not in it for money, not in it for revenge, he's just nuts.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
there's no doubt that they were going to try and get him into future movies. he was amazing in the movie (saw it last night). The Joker in this one is not a gangster, as mentioned. His background is a total mystery and the story of the scars changes every time he tells it. He's not in it for money, not in it for revenge, he's just nuts.

There is something about undeniable sociopaths that just makes the movies fun. They have no vested interest in their crime, there is no revenge aspect, there is no personal gain, just flat out crazy. I love that. I am so pumped to see this movie.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

you're gonna love The Joker.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

you're gonna love The Joker.

I think that might be why I like Dexter so much. He is a sociopath with a bit of a conscience, and no has motive to kill people other than wanting to kill people.

Unfortunately I have to wait a week to see Batman, since the theaters in my city are all sold out. Hopefully by next weekend I will be able to fit in a late night screening.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

when I went in to the screening at 6:00 PM there was a small line for the midnight showing. when I came out it was around the block and there were tons of folks in batman gear, joker gear and some random wacky outfits thrown in for good measure. the imax screens in NYC are, apparently, sold out for a couple of weeks and the regular screens at most theaters are sold out for a couple of days. best advanced sales for a movie they've ever seen

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't think Christian Bale makes a good Batman either, Batty begins was awful in my opinion. I haven't seen the dark knight yet so i'll reserve my opinion on Heath as the joker. The trailers look promising though.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Original_Sin

don't tell me you're a clooney fan.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While I know I'm going to love this movie, there's something about Bale that doesn't quite register with me either. He's the best Batman so far, as I see it, but I don't think that's saying a lot.

I think American Psycho and The Machinist ruined Bale for me. Those were two roles that I think frame a career, and I don't feel like he shows that knack in Batman Begins.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

don't tell me you're a clooney fan.

Oh gawd no

I'm not a fan of Christian, maybe that's the problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

LOL not good for you, look at your avatar.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I won't be watching T4 either

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

LOL you say that but you will, this is the movie all terminator fans have been waiting for, I don't think your gonna miss that, who knows you might end up liking him

[edit on 18-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybach Hanson

You and jedimiller should form up like Voltron and share your hatred of great movies together.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by Maybach Hanson

You and jedimiller should form up like Voltron and share your hatred of great movies together.
dude i swear to god any movie made after freddy vs jason or alien vs predator is god aweful. Its not a movie anymore its a soap opera.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Folks when Jack Nicolson did the role he was the best. Yes, he had the gangster look. The new joker looks like he got up one morning and slapped some makeup on an assed it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join