It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did people from the 1920's to the 1950's voices sound funny?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yea.. the bandwidth issue is not a problem in telephony at the moment....(I am speaking of bandwidth in light of natural tone...not in relation to traffic)

Right now its all about a better pipe....but fiber going dodr to door is very expensive.

That is what is on the books I hear though in Saskatchewan Canada.

THen...lookout!

By the way I was a little stupified with intake lol last night when I was posting.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
well if you look at it, everyone's voice is different.
but back then everything wasn't as advanced as it is now.
you can get your voice changed.
a guy can get neutered to sound like a girl if they're an outstanding falsetto opera singer.

it's all just time.
time will tell what happens in the future.
and we just happen to sound more different than they did back in the 20s and 50s

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i think people ate better back then, and were exposed to less chemicals in their everyday life. Everything from soap and shampoo to food and drinks had less chemicals. i've noticed also people in my mom's yearbook looked different back then. i think they were more mature and healthier/natural looking. i also think that some older pictures and home movies look different because people were not as accustomed to having their picture taken or of being on video. if you go to remote areas and video or take pictures of people they seem to act shy or akward am i making any sense here?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

i saw a bbc show last night about small breasts and the women in england have jumped up from a 34 b to a 36c average

Thats not evolution, thats caused by eating chicken, beef and other things that have been treated with growth hormones from the time they were born until the day theyre slaughtered.
People are getting taller, and bigger, children are reaching puberty at an earlier age than they did in the past.
Its caused by the things added to the foods we eat and the milk and water that we drink.
Of course this is all my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Actually most of the differences are very superficial -- relating to costume, lighting, makeup and the like, as well as the lingo stuff already expressed.
My surprise from time to time is just how "modern" an occasional character appears in the old movies -- like you could just see them walk down a street today and interact with people in what would be a completely natural way.
This has happened so often, that I have often imagined people back as far as the cave-man days having all the same personalities we do today: the wise-guy, the one constantly cracking other people up, the snooty one who thinks he's better than anyone else - and on and on.
I don't think we've changed much at all in terms of personalities from time immemorial. Its just the costume, and some of the lingo that changes with the times.
by cracky!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

My daughter and I were just discussing this very thing. She is 16 and we both agreed that it wasn't just the fashions back then because period piece movies made today use those fashions and hairstyles yet the actors look very different bone structure-wise than people do today. I've also noticed that alot of younger people are very very pale skinned these days including my own daughter who is paler than me yet back in the 70's my friends thought i looked pale. Evolution perhaps or general diet change? Could even be environmental.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join