It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible ADHD/ADD may be linked to Abductions?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I dont know I dont think so actually. Abductions often cause depression but not hyperactivity , at least in adults. In children I dont know but I doub it tbh

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I am an advocate of ADHD. And it only takes about 30 seconds of meeting me to find this out for yourself. I have met a lot of people who say that ADD/ADHD is crap, well I got news for you. It most certainly does exist, and if your constantly beating your child into submission I wouldn't be surprised.
I was victimized by my elementary school teacher and forced to sit in his office for hours while I cried to go back to class and eventually go home. Instead of letting me ride the bus he would call my parents to come get me even at the end of the school day and my mother finally stood up and put him in his place. Just as they were losing hope, a teacher named Dr. Anne Gregory began using a teaching method through song that was outstanding. I encourage anyone with this condition to utilize her methods (at least at early age but not limited to). I wish I had a link but this thread caught my eye and I had to respond. I attempted to reach her via e-mail about a week ago. She has for some reason not responded, but I imagine she is an important person. Last I checked, she was doing a lecture at a local college.

I also have a brain anomaly called a venous angeoma, that causes absense seizures, or petite mal seizures (who knows I have some regressive memories that I am curious about myself but neglect to exploit). As well as anxiety issues, which I attribute to the seizures. I don't claim to be an abductee, but If I were "missing some peices" it wouldn't surprise me. I am also curious as to the source of the anomaly, although it can be explained naturally.

Abductees supposedly experience a number of anxiety issues. Mostly post truamatic stress syndrome, commonly suffered by war veterans. Caused by the trauma of undergoing abduction itself and regression. I have also heard that abductees can experience a number of neurological disorders such as epilepsy and migrains. This could be the result of lessions caused by experimental tools or implants, possibly used to study the responsiveness of the brain and spine. Abductees often report having scars and implants themselves, caused from tools used to study the nervous system and the reproductive system as well.
I have heard rumors that make claim to certain radioactive isotopes present in the bodies of abductees. When used they can track activity in any multicellular organism. Tracers are radioisotopes that are substituded for stable elements of the molecules the body uses such as 12C (carbon 12, stable). Injected into the body it will use 14C (carbon 14, slightly radioactive) the same way it uses 12C, then instruments used to track the radioisotopes can be used to study activity in the body, especially the brain. They are actually used in Positron-Emission Tomography, or PET scanners, in which cells in the body obsorb the radioisotopes at different rates. The scanner detects radiation caused by energy from the decay of the radioisotopes. It forms an image that reveals variations and abnormalities in metabolic activity.

Doctors often treat ADD/ADHD with amphetamines, which I don't recomend. But most people don't worry about it or overcome it. I myself battled my way through highschool from it, and when I homeschooled at the descretion of the school board I graduated.

Aside from that, I see no relation. So that's just about everything on ADD/ADHD and alien abduction.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by freakngeckos]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join