It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible ADHD/ADD may be linked to Abductions?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
In that case I think my friend who I live with is an alien or have been abducted... he was born with 6 fingers and six toes.. he also have ADHD... peace to you all!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My two cents:

I'm in agreement with previous posters; ADD and ADHD are overdiagnosed. I can't confirm or deny alien abduction playing a part in either condition, but my gut feeling is that it doesn't.

My cousin was diagnosed with ADD as a kid (he just turned 18). He's been on Ritalin or some other kind of ADD medication for at least the past ten years. He's always been quiet and very reserved. I moved away, but when I lived close to him I noticed he spent at least eight hours per day playing video games and wasn't very good at socializing. His maturity was coming along very slowly as well. I don't believe he's ever been abducted by aliens, let alone believes in them.

I talked to his mom a couple weeks ago and she said he had stopped taking the medication and that he's becoming a normal person. Much more socialable, talkative, not hiding in his room playing games and zoning out.

These meds are more of a medical conspiracy than anything else. Medical associations and doctors are in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies. The only way they can sell pills is to provide diagnoses for them, so voila, instant epidemic of this or that.

There are reputable doctors out there, but be careful if they're quick to put you on a medication without doing further testing. Just because they're a doctor doesn't mean every thing they say is trustworthy. You don't think every student to graduate med school did so for the betterment of humanity do you?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes, but there are also many people that do not get diagnosed until they are adults. So it does go both ways.

Doctors don't give meds to children just to do so. If a child SHOWS the symptoms of ADHD then you treat it. Maybe the use of stimulants are in correct. If a previous poster is correct we should be able to treat ADHD with Noxema and call it good.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria
Good post, I am diagnosed with adult ADHD and currently on medication for it. It was diagnosed after I sort help for an addiction challenge I was having. The Dr explained I was self medicating for my ADHD condition along with a mild OCD condition. That makes a lot of sense, but I have always wonders where the ADHD and OCD came from initially, maybe just genetics because certainly those character traits can be very beneficial when applied to the right situation. But I have certainly considered that by operating above the radar so to speak, it mighjt make you a candidate for alien experiences either as a result or a pre-condition for said alien experiences. I certainly feel that after my experiences I am exceedingly qualified for distinguishing reality from non-reality and hence well placed to operater succesfully through an alien experience. Not that I am trying to encourage an alien experience mind you! Any thoughts welcome!

Is it possible that ADD/ADHD is a person WITH SO MUCH ENERGY!!!

but where does this energy originated from? I think its comes from our soul.
Everyone's Soul/Spirit is different, Everyone has different vibration level.
Some people's energy level are so high, it's possibly that it is responsible for HYPERACTIVE personality, always in FASTMODE!
Also can be responsible for the sleeping problems, having so much energy still in your body, how do you expect to fall asleep?
Yes I understand that children with ADD/ADHD can drive you really crazy, because they have so much energy blasting through their body yet their BRAIN is still so young, still developing, how do you maintain this energy?

You give it time, as you become a older person, you become aware of such things and learn to behavior more adultly but not everyone would follow that.
But some personality will still remains because you will ALWAYS have alot of energy that will give you that HYPERACTIVE personality.

BECAUSE we have no "device" to measure the SOUL, it is not in your Science DICTIONARY, it doesn't Exist. Our whole body has electricity pulsing throughout your body. Protons, neutrons and electrons combine to form atoms and molecules Right?! We have a magnetic aura within us and around all living things.

Since some people have more energy than the average person, They are "labeled" and Diagnose with ADD/ADHD, a "disorder". They don't understand that the spirtual side have a big role in life also.

THEY SAY WE HAVE A DISORDER, I say... # THAT #

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't take MEDS if you have ADD/ADHD. That stuff is just going to slow you down. God made us the way we are, that's how we came to be, don't fu.ck withit.

Take meditation and learn the teaching of BUDDHA.
I SWEAR TO GOD TO YOU, THIS IS YOUR CURE FOR ADD/ADHD.
THIS WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR ENERGY AND USE IT MORE EFFECTIVELY!

SELF CURE is better then MED.

ALSO eat more FISH and WHOLE Wheat Food! and anything that contains
OMEGA 3. It's suppose to provide better blood circulation which will help blood
flow to the brain, More blood flow to the "right frontal lobe" is what you want.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Awarenessiskey]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FarCrowd

The teen boy I talked about did not want to take his meds and asked me to help talk to his mother about it. She also agreed and was upset the boy did not talk to her sooner. Most kids do what their parents tell them to do (not a bad thing) and don't complain when something is not right. I have been to good and bad doctors (right now I have a bad doctor and am in the middle of getting my original doctor back) and I can state some would prescribe medications without really checking out the patient.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ADHD is where certain neuro transmitters do not communicate with one another properly. That's why stimulants are used to basically give them a bit if a push.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ADHD/ADD may be caused by a traumatic experience and even being exposed toxic materials. If abductions are real then theres a good chance that it may produce both of the above. Are there anymore out there that have been diagnosed that may have in there minds been abducted?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
First of all may I welcome you to ATS and BTS and if you get a chance you should visit the pub, DATS (Drunks Above Top Secret), its a thread I started a couple of nights ago. We are all having fun acting like we are in the pub. If you go to my profile you will find it there.

As far as your question, I believe it is possible. I have ADD and I have visited with the aliens. I know that sounds far fetched but it is true in both cases. I often wonder if the implants that they put in us program our minds different than others. This is not to say that all ADD people have implants though.

For me it would make a ton of sense the two things being related. For since my first visits with the beings I have known something was different. Although I believe that my visits took place long before I remember the first one. I have never felt at home here. But anyways I did a podcast on ADD if you are interested, just go to the podcast home. I was diagnosed as everything but ADD before we finally figured it all out.

The thing is that the medications they had me on for years interfered with my development in so many intellectual areas. That problem is now gone thank goodness. I do agree that the ADD/ADHD thing has got out of hand. Every time you turn around some one's kid is being diagnosed with it. I just don't think that this is a reality in anyway.

In this world society, and the way things are developing the world seems to be attempting to keep everyone mellow and quiet. What would be a normal and energy filled kid is now seem as a problem. When we use to take our kids out so they could run their energy out, we no longer do that. Our children are caged in small apartments and homes. We are told to keep quiet and not speak up. Repression is a huge problem in this world. But I don't know as if the world is ready for us all to be honest all the time.

But welcome to the group and I think you will find this place fun. I am curious about your avatar. Is that you? Are you in the military?? If you are I do hope you really really enjoy your time here.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
When I was a kid, I was diagnosed with ADHD because I wouldn't sit still. I also had a so-called problem with not giving a # about mundane activities, which consequently lead to concentration issues in school. So, since the school system couldn't handle my rebellious little ass, they suggested to my parents that my little ass be medicated.

ADHD is a bull# disorder invented by pharmaceutical companies and schools that want nothing more than little drones who can sit in a chair with their eyes faced forward for hours on end, and who will grow up to be unquestioning worker bees with a uncanny knack for sitting in a cubicle for hours on end crunching numbers.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by YSM85]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A recent news article in Australia showed that there were positive links between ADHD & a range of preservatives found in many foods, including of course, Mickey D's, Burger King, Hungry Jacks, KFC, TV Dinners, Candy, Potato Chips and general packaged foods that need long shelf lives.

When the kids had these substances removed totally from their diets and replaced with natural/organic foods, the little monsters (sorry these kids were exactly that) turned into complete angels.

The transformation was quite graphic and indisputable!

There may be other causes for ADHD and other associated disorders but junk food definitely plays a major role.

Abductions... Blah! It kinda just seems like a lame excuse to post in the Aliens/UFO's board - Sorry, this is a nutritional/lifestyle issue. Apologies if my opinion upsets the Op but that's my personal opinion.

IRM

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

First off I would like to know other then the article how much research have you done on ADHD/ADD. To accuse me of posting just for the sake of is insulting!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

My intention was not to insult but to give you my honest opinion. To suggest there is a link with ADD/ADHD and aliens is a complete leap in logic. I honestly cannot even fathom how you made such a link between the two, though admittedly I tried to imagine how and came up completely dry other than to say that you merely though it was a good idea. If you can show me evidence to prove your hypothesis beyond creative thinking, then I stand corrected.

Why not pursue more prosaic explanations first? If things like nutrition, chemicals, fertilizers, climate, upbringing, too much stimulation, immunization injections, etc fall short - by all means take it to the next level - such as alien abduction if you wish.

And to answer your question, yes I have read many papers on ADD/ADHD research, including many discussions of concerned parents on this very website. And...my best friends son suffers from it and I have been there all the way in support of him... and like others here, I don't believe that drugs are the answer...such as Ritalin!

How about you?

IRM

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

There are basically two forms of ADHD/ADD. One being with hyper-activity and the other without. So every child that has this is not a monster. ADHD is a non-curable disease you can only suppress the symptoms. Exercise and a healthy lifestyle will help stimulate the neuro transmitters affected by this disease but won't rid of it.
I never had a problem with hyper activity just my attention span. I've been on Conerta for two years now and am so much more productive. It has changed my life dramatically. So medications do work just depends on the side effects the user encounters.
I am not blaming this disease on E.T., just merely entertaining the fact that it is possible that this nuero logical disease could caused be some altering of thoughts to hide the fact that you were visited.

To say that theres no logic to my thinking is what insulted. This is a question that based off personal experience. You don't have to agree, just don't call me illogical...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
TheHunted is making good points, and his posts are valid.

When we have modern dilemmas like this, I always like to take a trip back in time, lets say, 500 years. Did people have ADD/ADHD back then? If so, were they just called eccentric, or did they become village idiots because they couldn't pay attention?

I don't deny that there are real cases of ADD/ADHD out there, however; I believe the ratio of those diagnosed to those that actually need medication is far out of proportion. If you're a pharmaceutical company who develops a new product that 'says' it does this or treats that, you need to sell it. How do you sell more? You pay off doctors to diagnose patients with whatever your medication treats. Patient the takes a trip to the pharmacy because, obviously Doc knows what he's talking about, and they order their expensive prescription for the medication Doc says they need.

Here's some reading material for you
Big Pharma spends more on advertising than research

Only the US and New Zealand allow the advertising of prescription drugs

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, it seems kinda odd that many who are claiming to be abducted and not recalled these memories until they became adults; should have been able to get advice from their abductors about it when they were younger, rather than the typical missing time scenario.

I have recalled my so-called ADD and other health related problems and also having been abducted since around 3 years old. Many of my problems were due to having to eat what everyone else did in my family.

Lost time and lost advice seems somewhat pointless unitl you remember for your own kids and others. Yeah, I think much of this might be treated by diet.

But, if so-called crystal or indigo children might be hybrids, than they might have alien allergies also. Do the pictures and or drawings we've seen of these aliens appear very healthy to you?

Any health symptoms like headaches? Hearrtburn? You might have stress related food sensitivities and allergies. Look into an elimination diet.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If so, than I've been abducted quite a few times,dude!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Doctors do not know what causes ADHD/ADD, they all have assumptions based upon their research.

If you notice the heading of the thread is is in the form of a question. Meaning I am not claiming that the two are linked. Just asking those belonging to ATS to reply with their thoughts on the matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

Oh I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I think it could be a possibility that something from an unknown source could be causing neurological disturbances in the brains of those who have ADHD or ADD. It could be linked to abductions or be distortion of a certain brainwave by an outside force.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think ADHD/ADD is related to the vaccines you are given when you are an infant. Ever read up on the side effects of the stuff they put in us? Crazy

<< 1    3 >>

join