It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible ADHD/ADD may be linked to Abductions?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I've been pondering this question. Is there a possible link between ADHD/ADD and Alien Abductions. Any input would be appreciated...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't know but I'm sure people get all types of bad sickness from abductions.
Its kind of like lab rats I think with all the tests.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Interesting post.
I was thinking something along the same lines. Did you know that behavior from sleep depravation is almost identical to that of ADD and ADHD.
There are also links regarding personality traits, such as being overly sensitive, or emotional to minor stimulus.
Just out of curiosity what made you ponder this?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Good post, I am diagnosed with adult ADHD and currently on medication for it. It was diagnosed after I sort help for an addiction challenge I was having. The Dr explained I was self medicating for my ADHD condition along with a mild OCD condition. That makes a lot of sense, but I have always wonders where the ADHD and OCD came from initially, maybe just genetics because certainly those character traits can be very beneficial when applied to the right situation. But I have certainly considered that by operating above the radar so to speak, it mighjt make you a candidate for alien experiences either as a result or a pre-condition for said alien experiences. I certainly feel that after my experiences I am exceedingly qualified for distinguishing reality from non-reality and hence well placed to operater succesfully through an alien experience. Not that I am trying to encourage an alien experience mind you! Any thoughts welcome!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted
I've been pondering this question. Is there a possible link between ADHD/ADD and Alien Abductions. Any input would be appreciated...

well actually no... there is absolutely no scientific or logical basis to make that connection.... my brother and I have had ADD real bad ever since little kids.... neither one of us have ever been abducted by UFO's lol

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Tool- I'm with you all the way brother! I have ADD, my son has ADD and I have never been abducted...to the best of my memory

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Personally, if I could name just one single thing, I'd go for DIET/FOOD.

E.g. : www.all-natural.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
add and adhd are bullcrap...

doctor's give our kid's these med's cause....cause parent's are to lazy to deal with them anymore.

no alien's.. just lazy parent's unwilling to work with there kid's being hyper.

the med's turn ya kid into a zombie.. steal's it's unique personal..identity

and even adult's that take the stuff..

lol doctor's said my sister's kid had ADHD.. she gave him the med's.. he was not the same kid...medicating your kid to make it easier on your parenting life....is why parents today fail.

I would rather see a hyper kid that's happy and himself...than a doped up 7 year old zoning out...and emotionless.

so many kids have ADD & ADHD......and its so bad the parents and doctors say it ok to med them to submission.

all threw time people had HYPER kids its called life...they learn over time to make it work for themself's.
and parents didn't cry for med's to dope there kid's up...so its easier for them.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Reason For Pondering IS:

I started having sleep paralysis episodes in my preteens. For an 11 year old the experience is quite terrifying. The was one episode that I had, where I woke up with this bright sorta shadow over my bed. I was actually calm at the moment, was even able to lift my arm up to point at it.

Where I'm going with this is, I was actually pretty decent in school. I can't say for sure if that time period was when I started having my problems paying attention. Recently at the age of 27 I've been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD. I've had a short attention span for as long as I can remember, just wasn't educated enough to know that its an illness.

Look I'm not saying I've been abducted nor am I saying I have been visited by ET. Just wondering if there it be a possible connection.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey TheHunted
check your u2u message's under member centre

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the U2U. Unfortunately I cannot reply, need 18 more posts. Your message was very encouraging.

5'11, Blue, Lean, like a book I've read over and over....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not true.
ADD and ADHD are completely over diagnosed- I will agree with that. That doesn't mean they don't exist. As I have posted on different threads- my son without medication is depressed, feels ostracized and feels out of control. He stands on desks and makes weird noises. The other kids are uncomfortable in his presence and he knows this.
WITH medication my son is an honor roll student who is remarkably popular among his peers. He is NOT a different person on meds- he is exactly the person on the outside that he is on the inside with meds.
If the meds make you a zombie- you don't have ADD or ADHD- but making a generalized remark based on one persons experience is ignorant.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I would also like to add that I do not give him medication in the summer months or when he is on school vacations. Why take an aspirin when you don't have a headache?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbydol
Not true.
ADD and ADHD are completely over diagnosed- I will agree with that. That doesn't mean they don't exist. As I have posted on different threads- my son without medication is depressed, feels ostracized and feels out of control. He stands on desks and makes weird noises. The other kids are uncomfortable in his presence and he knows this.
WITH medication my son is an honor roll student who is remarkably popular among his peers. He is NOT a different person on meds- he is exactly the person on the outside that he is on the inside with meds.
If the meds make you a zombie- you don't have ADD or ADHD- but making a generalized remark based on one persons experience is ignorant.

Very well put!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ADHD does exist..whomever thinks it doesn't is not informed. I've seen it myself. Damn...

I've said this repeated this phrase so many times...to people of abortion, euthenasia, and really anything that people get all heated over that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM OR NO EFFECT ON THEM WHATSOEVER.....

MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS...TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN KIDS...SEEING AS HOW THESE PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR ALL MANKIND!!!

sorry...had to let that out...hehe

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

You are right on target! My nephew was diagnosed with ADD and given medication. I knew a 14 year old boy who did not want to take his medication because of the side effects. The school made him take it or they would not let him attend. He was a normal energetic teenage boy. ADD and the others are basically new (started in the 1970s) and we are now medicating millions of children.
Maybe I'll take back what I said about the Illuminati!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There's a link between ADD and MTV not E.T.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It does affect my family and the young man I wrote about in my post. I should state that while I do believe ADHD/ADD is most likely real, it is overly diagnosed.
I apologize if I made any light of people who do have problems with any neurological problem.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
A friend of mine has ADHD and he had it all his life. I know him since kindergarden and he certainly wasn't abducted by aliens

Your question is the same as if you would ask if Acne is somehow linked to aliens lol

Wake up people! Not every problem we have is linked to aliens.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by redshirt0202
A friend of mine has ADHD and he had it all his life. I know him since kindergarden and he certainly wasn't abducted by aliens

Your question is the same as if you would ask if Acne is somehow linked to aliens lol

Wake up people! Not every problem we have is linked to aliens.

Actually you are wrong, I dont see how you can even compare blemishes to neurological problems. But you are right about not everything be linked to aliens. How stupid of me to even ask the question. Maybe a little coffee will wake me up and I'll see the light.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join