It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens connected to "The Rapture"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I was thinking that it could be possible that the rapture is something aliens made up to make us look to supernatural possibilities if and when such an event happens. The rapture sounds like a mass alien abduction to me.

what do you guys think?

is the rapture a mass alien abduction??

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think the "rapture" has to be something real before we can start blaming aliens for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegunman13
I was thinking that it could be possible that the rapture is something aliens made up to make us look to supernatural possibilities if and when such an event happens. The rapture sounds like a mass alien abduction to me.

what do you guys think?

Actually, there is a growing idea within Christianity that what you have stated will be the "official" (though wrong) explanation when it happens.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What if they staged a massive hoax involving great big space barges - kind of like box cars but with antigravity. They would say "Ok Earth people! Those who have faith and believe in simple goodness and simple pleasures should all get on board because you are special! We have an Eden-like paradise waiting for you on another world, and anyway this one is in imminent danger of catastrophes!"

And then all of the Lake Woebegone people, and the people in small towns where they have old-fashioned barber shops, and the people who raise livestock and work the land will say, "Honey, get your coat! I told you the rapture would come! All you had to do was have faith!"

And then all the good, simple people would eagerly climb aboard the space barges and would wave from the port hole windows to the people down below who decided not to go. They would be happier than they had ever believed was possible.

Until the space barges escaped Earth's atmosphere and the bottoms opened up, dumping the millions of good, simple people into the cold vacuum of space where they died almost instantly, and then slowly, one by one, fell back down to Earth, burning up in the atmosphere.

The children of the people who were left behind would say, "Look mummy! There's falling stars!"

And the mommies and daddies would smile at one another and say, "No, dear, they were genetically inferior subhumans who were prone to superstition and fundamentalism. You must never pity them because compassion is weakness, and conscience is a fiction created by those subhumans to suppress us."

Would you rather be one of the people taken up in saucers, or would you rather be among those who were left behind?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

Your post angers me.

I could not on my best day top that brilliant gem!! You had me, then bam!
Brilliant!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You are quite the wordsmith!! Congratulations! You really had me thinking while describing your scenario! You might consider writing as a vocation...you really had me...hook, line and sinker! Good job!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

Give me a theme and a fat commission so that I have the time and energy to write it, and you're on!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegunman13

The "Rapture" is exactly what the word sudgests. It's a mental state of (for lack of a better term) enlightened to an extream point. It's the being without fear for you believe and have compleat faith in our creator's will and plans for you.

That's the rapture truely. The LIE of the rapture is that members who think they understand "JESUS!" wil be removed from the planet. That's the false understanding.

"Aliens" are however involved with more then one aspect of protection and evac of some beings.

I've seen others report other "alien plans" outside of God's will, and I'm this may or may not take place. Kinda like hitchhiking. You best have an understanding of what your getting into before you board the vehicle.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I would rather be the simple-minded, naively good "sheep' people who believe they are being saved. Life is what you make of it, and I for one would love nothing more than to die happy, with a feeling of fulfillment.

Also, the people who stayed on Earth seem to be pompous and degrading, and I highly regard those as traits I find unattractive and worthless. Earth is full of people like that though...know-it-alls

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

I wouldn't be very happy with the people on the ground, either. Your description is almost tame compared to what I would call them.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I figured there was no use in cursing or ludeness when it's forbidden on ATS, but I would agree they are much worse than I made them out to be. And sometimes false hope isn't necessarily a bad thing, these being one of those cases.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'd feel too guilty to get on board an alien craft and leave friends & people behind. If the earth was going to blow up or whatever, I'd rather stick it through with F&F.

I can see where you're all coming from though re: a leap of faith

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The common idea of the christian "rapture" is in fact an idea that was conceived and proposed by an english preacher in the mid 1800's. I cannot remember his name right now, but it was explained in a documentary about armageddon and religion I watched the other day. It gained wide spread popularity in the early 1900's and has turned into a staple belief for most christian-based religions. I will try and find the preacher's name.
his name was Edwin Irving, he was a presbyterian minister. Here is some more info on the rapture theory.
The Rapture Theory

[edit on 18-7-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I would rather not be a big headed, megalomaniac like the survivors in your story. just because some one only believes what they can touch smell see and hear does not make them superior to some one who has faith.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegunman13

what do you guys think?

The pre-tribulation rapture is not in Scripture.

The pre-tribulation rapture (sometimes called the secret rapture) had its origin in the 'vision' of a Scottish prophetess named Margaret MacDonald.

John Nelson Darby was present at one of Edward Irving's fellowship meetings when Margaret MacDonald had her 'vision' of the Rapture...
...Darby believed at the time that the vision was a 'demonic utterance'.

However, Darby later gave her "visions" legs by taking the idea to scripture he found 'proof texts' to support the idea...
...a method somethimes referred to as 'cookie-cutter' theology.

It is now the cornerstone of the predominant view of eschatology in most evangelical churches.

I think the Rapture is of 'demonic' origin...
...delivered to an impressionible Darby to be 'set up' as 'prophecy' to be fulfilled by future demons mascquerading as 'aliens'...
...and will take the form of a mass alien abduction.

I think it will feature as part of 'the lie', the final deception before the real second advent of Jesus and the completion of the New Creation.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The root word of Rapture is 'rape', which means 'to seize' or 'take by force'.

For more than a century christians have been conditioned to believe that when a great number of people turn up missing, it will be because god has invisibly removed them.

It ain't happening.

What really happens is that when the provocateurs succeed in getting the religious/militant folks to uprise, that many who have seen and exposed the lies of religion, will be 'taken out' by the pope's secret army under the chaos of uprising to cover the deed.

Read past the "two in the field, two at the mill". Read the answer Jesus gives when the disciples ask where these people are being taken. (It's in Luke)

Why will these people be selected?
Because a new regime is being formed.
While many people are focused on all the contrived distractions that have been put out....something else not publicized is taking place.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Alethea]

top topics

join