It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb Explodes Outside Pentagon: A 9-11 Diversion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As events were unfolding on the morning of 9-11, I was monitering the situation closely at work. Shortly before the Pentagon was hit, CNN (I believe) reported a car bomb going off on the other side of the Pentagon.

Does anyone else recall hearing that? The story was dropped immediately and sent right down the memory hole. I'm thinking it could've been a well-timed diversion to swing everyone's attention away from the spot the "airplane" entered the structure.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
As events were unfolding on the morning of 9-11, I was monitering the situation closely at work. Shortly before the Pentagon was hit, CNN (I believe) reported a car bomb going off on the other side of the Pentagon.

Does anyone else recall hearing that? The story was dropped immediately and sent right down the memory hole. I'm thinking it could've been a well-timed diversion to swing everyone's attention away from the spot the "airplane" entered the structure.

No I didn't hear that but that doesn't surprise me. It would be the perfect way to divert everyone's attention away from the "supposed" plane that hit the Pentagon just for a short while. So if it were true and I'm sure you are ECK then why do people who were there claim it was a plane that hit the Pentagon and not a scud missile of some sort? Or do you think people were manipulated into telling the press that it was plane when in fact it was a missile? Maybe the car bomb was to confuse the witnesses on what they saw hit the Pentagon.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes, exactly. It may have caused different reactions. If everyone's looking over here - they won't be looking over there...

Also when people are/were in shock, remembering becomes a hazy prospect. It may have been a perfect diversion - by shifting attention they could have SAID an airplane hit the Pentagon when actually it was a missile - or even an unmanned drone. Where was the debris? And why won't they release the tapes that were recording every inch of that area?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Where was the debris? And why won't they release the tapes that were recording every inch of that area?

I know. I keep looking at the pictures after the "plane" hit and I have yet to see any kind of debris. My mom claims she saw them lift airplane pieces out from the rubble on tv but I've never seen anything to back up her claims. I bet you they won't release the tapes because they know a missile hit it and not a plane. Plus, why have a security camera that only records pictures at such a slow frame rate? Does the Pentagon think they don't need better cameras to catch a criminal or terrorist?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I never heard that, but I was out in the sticks some thousands of miles away. It does seem like some kind of diversion though.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would probably think that it wasnt an airplane that hit the pentagon either, had a good friend of mine's mother who works at the naval annex across from the pentagon not seen it with her own eyes....the part that freaked me out is when she told us that they started evacuating them about 10 minutes before it happened because they had airplane(s) inbound...so they just happened to be outside when it hit, which makes for a lot of convenient witnesses, but riddle me this...with the white house, the capitol, washington monument, etc right there...why did they evacuate the annex and not the other buildings?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Those cameras worked fine. That's the problem.

I've never seen any airline debris in the Pentagon shots. That's very odd. There should've been crap everywhere.

I just read a claim recently that the actual passenger jets were flown out over the Atlantic and shot down. They further claimed that it was unmanned drones that hit the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Interesting theory.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todeskopf
the part that freaked me out is when she told us that they started evacuating them about 10 minutes before it happened because they had airplane(s) inbound...so they just happened to be outside when it hit, which makes for a lot of convenient witnesses, but riddle me this...with the white house, the capitol, washington monument, etc right there...why did they evacuate the annex and not the other buildings?

That's about the same time I heard the report of the car bomb.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todeskopf
..the part that freaked me out is when she told us that they started evacuating them about 10 minutes before it happened because they had airplane(s) inbound...so they just happened to be outside when it hit, which makes for a lot of convenient witnesses, but riddle me this...with the white house, the capitol, washington monument, etc right there...why did they evacuate the annex and not the other buildings?

Maybe they knew for a fact that the Pentagon was gonna be hit.
Maybe they knew the plane that was to hit the WH was doomed. Although, I have heard from an individual that important items were "put away" for safekeeping in the White House.

As far as that car bomb, maybe it was nothing. People were so geeked, it could have been an unsubstantiated report. Like a car back-firing.
You get reports like that a lot during tragedies, and later reports show much of what was thought to have happened did not.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying, but this was actually being reported - CAR BOMB JUST WENT OFF OUTSIDE PENTAGON! Very loud and clear until the whatever hit the Pentagon. I was watching several moniters and the computer at the time...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You didn't see any airplane debris being pulled out because they didn't start cleaning up for a while (look how long the fires lasted, most of it burned up). Get your minds off of the government being behind 9/11 conspiracy and look at the "common sense" side of the whole situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyxsul
You didn't see any airplane debris being pulled out because they didn't start cleaning up for a while (look how long the fires lasted, most of it burned up). Get your minds off of the government being behind 9/11 conspiracy and look at the "common sense" side of the whole situation.

No. There should have been airplane debris on the lawn. There never was any.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
EastCoastKid~~yeah, I remember the report. We were at work, but were getting numberous phone calls to keep us current.
We never did hear any more. But, as is sooo often the case, you hear something on the news once and never again. Makes you wonder if somebody reported it and was later shut up or editied??

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And what is the "Common sense" side of the whole situation? There is nothing "common sense" about it. There are too many unknowns that just don't add up. It's more of a mystery than anything else.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There should have been airplane debris on the lawn.

Um, if I recall, the plane barely struck the ground. Even at the amount that it did, that's just the underside which wouldn't leave too much debris.

Edit: Damn new keyboard...

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
EastCoastKid~~yeah, I remember the report. We were at work, but were getting numberous phone calls to keep us current.
We never did hear any more. But, as is sooo often the case, you hear something on the news once and never again. Makes you wonder if somebody reported it and was later shut up or editied??

Totally. It may have actually happened, like any good diversion - but quickly swept under the rug as soon as the main act took center stage. Who knows, man? So, you remember it, too, huh? It's nice to know I wasn't the only one who remembered that.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
And what is the "Common sense" side of the whole situation?

The common sense side is that no missle hit the Pentagon nor did anything but a plane.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Um, if I recall, the plane barely struck the ground. Even at the amount that it did, that's just the underside which wouldn't leave too much debris.

Edit: Damn new keyboard...

There should have been parts of the wings, at least. They should've broken off and flown backwards. I don't buy that they just folded up and went right in with the plane. There would've been something.

If they'd just release those darn tapes... That would solve everything pertaining to the Pentagon. Of Course, that'll never happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The wings don't touch the bottom of the plane, they're in the middle (if you did not know this lol...) but I've examined the whole wing thing and in pictures, you can see where wings impacted. On top of that, the wings are weak enough to bend around like -insert good example-. The plane was making a swing down like
� . _ so it wasn't an all-ground impact.

Edit: The plane moreless landed on (not directly) the Pentagon or a few feet in front of it with enough velocity from the angle to do all the damage (hardly any, besides the lives) that it did.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've studied this thing, too. Extensively. I'm well aware of the wing structure and placement and wingspan and all that. It was way too tidy, period. It looks more like a missile hit it. And how convenient - right in the area that was near empty and under construction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join