It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else noticed this? (Iran stuff)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Okay, I was just thinking about this earlier. I have many maps on my wall and when i'm bored I look at them. I was looking at a political map of the Middle East and I noticed the strategic importance of occupying Afghanistand and Iraq. They are border countries to Iran! The strategic importance of having a already existing massed amounts of troops on bordering countries to Iran, coincidence?

The air space that the United States already occupies in Afghanistan and Iraq would be very very helpful if war in Iran broke out, right? Surely there is many many strategic advantages in being at war with two countries that just so happen to border Iran. If war were to break out we could strategically attack in mere hours. With already having a massive amount of manpower on the Eastern and Western borders to the country.
Without even mentioning that naval powers in the waters for the purpose of the Iraq and Afghanistan fronts.

It seems as though were already strategically set up for a war with Iran. It would be like China waging wars with Canada and Mexico. How much easier would it be to wage a war with us? I'm not for war with Iran at all. I just noticed this. Is there already existing information behind this?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
True - it's the very reason however that the US hasn't had the gumption to bend over backwards to Israel and initiate any attack. The 'states has even sent over a diplomatic mission to Iran, much to the disappointment of Israel.

It's probably among the reasons why oil has 'dived' down to about $130 a barrel.

If something broke out, all bets would be off and Iran would fire whatever it had at those very bases in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Iran also has the world's third largest oil reserves and boarders the Caspian Sea - those two things are also very convenient to keep a permanent presence in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If there wwere a constant looming threat of war, the stock price of war profiting companies will remain high and maybe increase. I believe the threat is very similar to what we had with Russia.

My father and mother both worked for war profiting companies. They create a lot of jobs. If the fear is there, the missiles, jets, bombs, guns, armor, tanks, will be made in huge quantities... so much $.

Besides, once we make all this cache of weapons, we will sell it off to our next enemy, probably some war torn region in Africa, so our next generation of troops can target practice and completely take over the diamond industry.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I couldnt agree more
I posted just those exact sentiments recently check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
I couldnt agree more
I posted just those exact sentiments recently check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was a very good read indeed. Kudos to you my friend!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To be honest. This threat scares the living daylights out of me. To think that I might actually have to be boots on the ground in Iran scares me. I'll do my job and i'll do it well. I just hope it doesn't come to this! I never realized the strategic importance of having Afghanistan. So many things that are coming together!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

K wana hear something creepy?
I was originally going to post this in another thread "unusual dreams lately"
The reason I spent so much time looking in to the history of that region is because, ever since I was kid I have been having a similar dream. Its not always the same, people are different and sometimes its like I am in a different village or town. But the terrain is always the same.

From watching afghan firefights on you tube its most similar to that, I mean old ruins mountainous terrain, dry dusty hot and cold, and the natives really don't like me or my friends.

Anyway I haven't had this dream in a long time, but about a month ago I had one again, a friend from work was with me (don't know what that's all about) we are at the base of a tall summit, an old deserted town, its flat for miles behind us and there is a pass through the mountains in front of us. Something alerts us, and we don't have a lot of time to take cover. So we hunch up against what's left of an archway to an old ruin. Then a nuclear blast to our left, far enough that we didn't get vaporized, its a smaller explosion, I'm thinking a tactical device, controlled panic sets in and we are trying to figure out the wind direction to keep out of downwind from the mushroom cloud.

The thing is, its such a perturbing dream. It sticks with me for days after, and there is so much detail in it. I mean I can smell the air, and I am spitting the sand and dust out of my mouth.
For what its worth there it is.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I told folks a few years ago that we went into Iraq and Afghan for Iran. Thats why Iran has helped fuel the insurgency war in Iraq. They werent directly being attacked but they knew what was coming and they were letting the US know they knew why they were there.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Like I said, Iran feels threatened and so shall other countries. As they get scared and build up forces and the media will say:

"Look! They are building up their army and building WMD's, please politicians do something!"

And we will launch military programs again. Another war is not possible. Strategically, its suicide. You think people will sign up?

Iraq holds the second largest oil supply in the world, that's what we needed.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This map is interesting:

Can't vouch for its accuracy, but it makes the point.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Are there US bases in Pakistan? I dont know about the above map. I mean yeah we have a lot of hardware in the region but that map makes it look like we have bases everywhere except Iran! Which may be true, but i kinda doubt the Pakistan thing. I mean i know they are "helping" in the WOT but i dont think we have any troops there.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

There aren't any fully operational US bases in Pakistan that I know of but there are NATO supply bases and I think, I may be wrong though, that the USAF has access to Pakistani airfields.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

we have pulled out of Saudi Arabia now,so have no bases there

To the OP.I am surprsied you have only just realized this?Dont want to be rude but you have done tours in Iraq and you never knew where Iran and Afganistan were!

I hope you dont have to go to Iran,thats going to be a soul destroyer

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Well, yes, I know, they started saying that several years ago.... on that map, there's four flags along the SW: Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, and Oman... none in UAE or Saudi Arabia. Anyone know if there's any US military presence in the UAE?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Bahrain is the home of the US Navy's 5th fleet.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
not to be too rude here, but you're just now noticing this?

wow.

this has always been about the battle for the oil and water and natural gas pipelines from the israeli coast to china and india and back. russia wants them. the u.s. wants them (cheney in particular for some odd reason) wants them. control of them. do some research and see what condie rice was doing while katrina was hitting the fan.

and to add to the complexity saudi arabia doesn't want iran in the way either.

if more people had glanced at a map six years ago, things might be a little different today. it's pretty clear when you do.

p.s. hint about condie's doings...pakistan is in the way too. as are several of the baby -stans. and syria isn't out of the mud yet either.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
I have many maps on my wall and when i'm bored I look at them. I was looking at a political map of the Middle East and I noticed the strategic importance of occupying Afghanistand and Iraq. They are border countries to Iran! The strategic importance of having a already existing massed amounts of troops on bordering countries to Iran, coincidence?

I am surprised that it took you so long to realize the strategic importance of the two nations in regard to Iran. As soon as we invaded Afghanistan and the Iraq, I knew it was to encircle Iran. Iraq may have oil in the ground, but with such a miniscule shoreline, and a shipping lane that is well within Iranian Strike distance, I have long thought that the plan was to take out Iran as well.

But I think that the Iraqi Oil didn't flow as fast as planned, due to the insurgency. If the Iraqis had 'treated us as liberators' and bent over backwards to cater to American needs, Iran's nuclear program would have been shut down by the Israelis long ago in my opinion.

I am surprised that the Iranian Oil Bourse was allowed to be happen in February.

DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It's not that I didn't notice it. I just never took the time to think about it. I'm always busy with my current job. I had free time, so I decided to look up positions of American military. It's just crazy!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

If that dream were to become reality. It would be very scary indeed.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
reply to post by Ian McLean

To the OP.I am surprsied you have only just realized this?Dont want to be rude but you have done tours in Iraq and you never knew where Iran and Afganistan were!

I hope you dont have to go to Iran,thats going to be a soul destroyer

Of course I knew where they were. I just didn't put together the whole picture, I guess. But, I knew the positions of the countrys on a map.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join