It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I have to be around other people all the time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think you can do both if you balance it well, be alone and get social contact enough to keep you from going completely crazy.

I'm like this. Since leaving the forces, i would say i have "aquaintances" rather than friends. People i know pretty well, people i grew up with or worked with at some point in my adult life, however we just pass now and again and maybe have a chat.

My life is 100% controllable by me though, not the huge group of friends that could be the alternative. Don't get me wrong, i have people i consider close friends, but we are not around each other as much as some.

I like that though. I'm not answerable to the herd that HAS to gather in the pub every night, and i don't get ridiculed if i want to walk away after a brief chat. Being part of a big crowd can have it's down points.

Nothing wrong at all with being comfortable with your own company, many find that real strange, but then again i find it strange being part of a flock.

If you're happy, then go for it.

I would say that it's important to still experience life and the world around you, even if that means doing it on your own. You will have to interact with others, but you can choose the level at what you do that.

CX.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join