It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top McCain VP Pick Killed "South Carolina Is So Gay" Ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Top McCain VP Pick Killed "South Carolina Is So Gay" Ad

www.huffingtonpost.com

Q Notes reports that South Carolina governor Mark Sanford was not happy when the state tourism board started reaching out to to gay travelers:

When South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford learned that his state was being advertised as a gay tourism destination, he ordered a Cabinet-level department head "to do the right thing personnel-wise or process-wise to ensure this does not happen again," Sanford's spokesman Joel Sawyer told Q-Notes.

Sanford was reacting to U.S. media reports that a subway poster mounted in London, England, during Gay Pride week was announcing, "South Carolina is so gay."

A state employee who approved the ads was called to a meeting with management and resigned, according to Marion Edmonds, spokesman for the state's Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism (PRT).

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This could be a dilemma for McCain. If he picks Sanford as his VP running-mate, he risks losing the support of gays and lesbians and many others who support them. Does this debacle in S.C. reflect badly on the GOP?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
sanford is an idiot. im from south carolina and still live here. the man was the first person to vote aginst crop subsites and the first one to apply for them. his farm is in beaufort. causaw plantation.

he is right. being gay isnt really tolerated in south carolina. im not saying its wrong or right. its a subject i stay away from most of the time. i can tell you however its something you dont brag about much here...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

This could be a dilemma for McCain. If he picks Sanford as his VP running-mate, he risks losing the support of gays and lesbians and many others who support them.

I REALLY don't think McCain cares much about the gay and lesbian votes.

Here's another thread on ATS.

'Two Gays Only Count as One Parent, Therefore they shouldn't be able to adopt':McCain

And some other aricles

McCain: Gay troops "intolerable risk"

McCain Accused Of Gay Baiting In Anti-Romney Attack

McCain a Moving Target on Gay Issues

John McCain stands against both gay adoption and marriage

So, it doesn't really seem like he cares all that much if he gets the gay/lesbian vote or not.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Something being described as "so gay" is not a compliment. If my buddy does something stupid or dumb I'll tell him "that is so gay," as in stupid, crazy or weird. Definately not a compliment, and something a regular person might want to avoid.

Hey honey it's so gay in South Carolina, let's vacation there! Yeah right!

I have never heard of Sanford being a top choice for McCain's VP? Since when does the Huffington Post decide who is McCain's top choice? I personnaly thought is was Romney?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Since when does the Huffington Post decide who is McCain's top choice? I personnaly thought is was Romney?

Huffington Post leans left. Romney is in the top spot by all 'leaks' and accounts. Oh .. and the bible code says so as well (for those who are into prophecy).

new topics

top topics

join