It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chertoff: European terrorists trying to enter US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - European terrorists are trying to enter the United States with European Union passports, and there is no guarantee officials will catch them every time, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, I guess it is election time again. Haven;t heard one of these in a while. The terrorists are coming from Europe now!!!

Sick...

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish the goverments would do something just for fun to retaliate against stupid ideas. Like the EU enforcing a law that all listed American terrorists need to be stripsearched and cavity checked at EU airports (to avoid an expensive database, the list include all American citizen regardless of age).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To my personal knowledge, terrorists have not been trying, they have been successfully entering the USA since before 8/2000.

If you think this is election rhetoric - please talk to someone that you trust that in a position to know for sure.

I do not have any more patience for people that are harmed by terrorists that are illegally entering entering this nation.

It is certainly your choice to refuse to see the very obvious.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yeah, the suicide bombings in america are occurring at an alarming rate. you can't turn on the television without hearing about the plethora of terrorist attacks in american cities.

snore.

i think america should just round up every american that's on the terror watch list and put them in those internment camps as a preemptive strike against public enemy number one, john q. public.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by billybob]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - European terrorists are trying to enter the United States with European Union passports, and there is no guarantee officials will catch them every time, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday.

Well this story has probably just screwed your tourist industry, if tourists start getting strip searched.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerontehe
To my personal knowledge, terrorists have not been trying, they have been successfully entering the USA since before 8/2000.
that are illegally entering entering this nation.

So you have "personal knowledge" of terrorists successfully entering the
USA and you haven't alerted your ATS friends.

Who have you notified? How did you get this special info?

Making a claim such as this requires a little documentation wouldn't you think?

I might believe Chertoff if this administration had a better track record with telling the truth. Chicken little ring a bell?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thanks - I have been waiting for years for someone to challenge in this fashion.

Whom I notified was the CONUS desk at Ft. Eustis VA that was my duty station.

My contract admin at ASR International in Hauppauge NY received several months of field reports denoting names, aliases, work places, known cell #s, places of association, times and dates of movement from residences, etc... etc....

In case you're also interested; these were known Hezbollah terrorists and fundraisers that were all illegally in the USA or had overstayed their Visas.

The number that I was personally aware of was @ 116 in 3 states.

Please feel free to call the CONUS desk and verify.

Please also be aware that your call will be tracked and you will be expected to answer as to how you received this phone # 800 756 6862, and you will be queried as to your reason for verification.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Have you actually looked at some of the names on the terror watch list?

Your's may not be such a bad idea.

It makes much more sense that continuing to waste billions on illegal drug enforcement.

Don't you think?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerontehe
Thanks - I have been waiting for years for someone to challenge in this fashion.

Whom I notified was the CONUS desk at Ft. Eustis VA that was my duty station.

My contract admin at ASR International in Hauppauge NY received several months of field reports denoting names, aliases, work places, known cell #s, places of association, times and dates of movement from residences, etc... etc....

In case you're also interested; these were known Hezbollah terrorists and fundraisers that were all illegally in the USA or had overstayed their Visas.

The number that I was personally aware of was @ 116 in 3 states.

Please feel free to call the CONUS desk and verify.

Please also be aware that your call will be tracked and you will be expected to answer as to how you received this phone # 800 756 6862, and you will be queried as to your reason for verification.

That is what I call pure internet PWNAGE!

As for terrorists getting in through europe, well, you seen some inner cities in europe of late? South of France in places looks like a mini Algerian terror camp, Bradford UK looks like a pakistani terror camp in places, and security is a joke.

I pity the USA having to trust a UK passport actually as we harbour known and wanted terrorists . . . . sad day for USA tourism though.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

As long as your name is on the top of the list to round up, I'm all for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry I am not familiar with the term so I don't know if that is a compliment or a denigration.

As far as harbouring known terrorists in the USA - absolutely yes.

By anyone's definition of the term.

It is probably a blessing I was forced into an early retirement.

I was growing weary of sending reports without any action being taken against some that made no bones about their desire to harm the USA and it's citizens and allies.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I volunteered for that position in 8/2000.

I welcome some of my ATS "friends" to join me there.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
just yesterday (17 July '08) i read as i was surfing the web
that the Empire State building is the target for terrorist/anarchist/saboteurs

maybe these cells will be those much anticipated 'blond haired blue eyed'
people we have been warned of....

i guess that might be those pesky 'Europeans' that Chertoff is figgiting about....
What? no more Wahabbi from Saudi land?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Glad to see terrorism amuses some of you. Considering terrorist groups sometimes wait 7-10 yrs to attack again, and also considering that 9/11 was pretty dramatic (so they will probably want to do something even bigger as an encore), I don't think the possibility of terrorists( from anywhere) coming into this country is anything to laugh about. There could be people coming here who are just waiting for the right time to attack. Terrorism experts have said it's not a matter of whether it will happen again, but when.
All the scoffers will be the first to complain that our government didn't protect us if something happens.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
again?

didn't we just go through this? two or so months ago? i swear i read this exact story then.

i'm sorry, but statements like this from the head honcho of our "homeland" security department seem so very strange to me.

he might as well stand up and wave a white flag and say, "come and get us cuz we're a bunch of pussies." (are we allowed to say that here in ATS?)

he also might as well resign because what he's saying here is that he doesn't think we're prepared which (unless he and his cronies have this working as designed) means he's incompetant.

in addition, he's insulting the good men and women in law enforcement who keep us safe each and every day, and did so prior to 9/11 and will continue doing so when chertoff et al are just a bad memory. this administration has done nothing but antagonize the security agencies and law enforcement since they took office, and to attempt to make them the scapegoats for every bad decision they themselves made. frankly, i'm surprised any of the incompetants are still "around."

when are these people...the bushes and the cheneys and the chertoffs...going to realize that every time they open their big mouths about something like this, they make us appear weak and scared?

i'm sick of them.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

here is an older comment from the source of this latest news flap.

As I know you all know, under a law passed by the U.S. Congress last year at the urging of the President, we are pursuing two important goals with respect to the visa waiver program -- expanding the program to include additional countries which are strong allies and friends of the United States, and at the same time enhancing the security features of the visa waiver program for all countries who participate in the program.

Under the law passed by Congress, all existing or aspiring visa waiver programmers are required to carry out the kinds of cooperative elements that are laid out in the agreement we've signed and the interim declaration we've signed today. And today's declaration's is an important step, but it's still only one step toward realizing these goals.

The interim declaration outlines multiple security enhancements, including required exchange of information on known or suspected terrorists, reporting of lost and stolen passports, developing an air marshal program and allowing our air marshals to operate on direct flights, and of course there are other requirements such as having secure passports and things of that sort.

I also want to emphasize that we're respectful of the fact that with regard to those issues that fall within the domain of the European Union, obviously we deal with the European Union on those matters. But we're also gratified that the European Union recognizes the need for bilateral arrangements on matters with a national competency, and particularly on the technical implementation of a lot of these measures.

Those matters that fall within national responsibilities will be obviously implemented with national authorities, and any that fall within EU responsibility will be dealt with through the EU authorities.

We want to continue to work collaboratively with our international partners as we enter into agreements with other new and aspiring VWP countries, and we very much look forward to the day when Bulgaria is able to achieve visa waiver status, meet all the requirements, and we welcome the first Bulgarian into the United States without a visa. That will be a very, very important milestone in the relationship between our countries.

And we also look forward to continuing to work with other nations, including others in Europe, to increase and expand our visa waiver program, but without compromising the security which benefits all of us.

www.dhs.gov...

This was from 6/17/2008

Sometimes diplomancy means you say"nice doggy" while you look for a stick.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

there was another story EXACTLY like this one (OP) back further than even june. it may have been rumsfeld's replacement (name escapes me at the moment) who said it then.

here it is...i think they're recycling news...it's been a theory of mine for a while now.

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I must be the only dope who questions this kind of alert!

Am I so wrong in noting that entering the country illegally is as simple as walking across the border or floating across a lake (incidentally needing no ID whatsoever; why carry ID during penetration when you can just mail it to yourself?)

These alerts smack of insincerity, while our borders go unguarded, or barely guarded; it's kind of comically tragic to worry about people entering the country through the tightest security point we have (such as it is).

I won't deny that there are those who are politically or ideologically driven to these acts of terror. But pretending that Chertoff and his machinations have ANYTHING to do with that just makes the show that much more pathetic.

If we REALLY believe that we CAN stop this kind of thing (which no one can) one would think we would pull all of our troops and deploy them on the borders - you know, to keep us safe?

Truth is, there MUST be an alternative use for the kind of security we are seeing rolled out here at home. Otherwise they are just stupid and are going to get people killed. What happens if some known terrorists DID cross the borders and not use commercial transit? What is all this 'homeland security' for?

Sorry, bad night for me.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

i think you're talking to the wrong guy.
i believe everything is engineered in our 'orwellian' totalitarian society. everything is controlled by a handful of people who decide when the people will be 'rich' and when they will be 'poor', when they will be 'devout' and when they will be 'skeptical'.
this has been going on since they wrote the bible.
now, the major tools are voting machines and monopoly media cow towing to the owners of the system, ie. rockefellers, warburgs and rothschild, et al. they engineer all this 'terrorism', and i can tell you, that as a joe average guy, i'm way more 'terrified' of authority turned evil than i am of random violence by desperate fools.

i have looked at some of the names on the list, ....names like, 'smith', and 'jones', and 'true patriot', and 'constitution quoter'.

lock 'em up and get on with the plan, fer chrissakes. i personally will try to be killed during the roundup. it is a good day to die.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join