It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD's were found in IRAQ.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Do you actually know what Genocide is? Because if you did, you wouldn't be applying it to Iraq.

I'm proud of what I did over there. People got to vote, and I think we had a big part in helping that along. Friends I know have built schools, wells, hospitals.

well people would of got to vote and get on with their lives, If America stayed out in the very very beginning. The country should not belong to America. Thats basically what America is doing taking the country into their own hands. So they can take the oil.

Nobody should be proud of this behaviour. And you should not be proud of this absurd and pontless war. A million left to die and more American soldiers killing innoncents. Thats the reailty

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
well people would of got to vote and get on with their lives, If America stayed out in the very very beginning.

Really? Are you willing to bet on that? You think that Saddam would have had fair elections, not the ones where he got 99% of the vote??

Originally posted by mind is the universe The country should not belong to America. Thats basically what America is doing taking the country into their own hands. So they can take the oil.

Oh, yes, the "War for Oil" argument. I'm not even going to address that. I will throw the bulls**t flag, tho.

Originally posted by mind is the universe Nobody should be proud of this behaviour. And you should not be proud of this absurd and pontless war. A million left to die and more American soldiers killing innoncents. Thats the reailty

Million dead? Lemme guess, iraqbodycount.com? They have faulty figures, as I've said before.

Americans killing innocents? Bulls**t. What about the suicide bomber that sets off a car bomb in a market crowded with women and children; is he some sort of hero?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

A weapon of mass destruction (WMD) is a weapon which can kill large numbers of humans and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains) or the biosphere in general. The term covers several weapon types, including nuclear, biological, chemical (NBC) and, increasingly, radiological weapons.

THEY WERE FOUND LIKE IT OR NOT

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

it's easy for you to act like he was a good man when you are sitting comfortable in Canada. you were born there, but you moved... gee I wonder why that is? could it be because the west offered more safety and a better life than Iraq had to offer?

it seems to me that you just wanting to come in here and spout some back handed insults towards America, like so many do around here these days.

he was a horrible dictator who killed HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YOUR COUNTRYMEN. he was killing your Iraqi borthers and sisters by the friggen boat load, and you are honestly going to sit there and defend him. saying what he did to the Kurds was justified. you are bonkers my friend.

i am not dillusioned about this at all. but we are there, and instead of backing out on the whim of the bleeding hear puss's around here, i think we need to stick it out and leave that place better than we foud it.

and yes, Iraqis are very happy and thankful for our presence, of course there are a few naive people, such as yourself (no offence intended, but you speak as if you live there, but you are half way arcoss the world. easy to say things are good when you aren't there.) that don't like us and want us out, but it should be obvious by the shear number of people who are cooperating with us to make things better, that we are indeed welcomed by the vast majority.

but no, you will sit there and ignore the facts, and think that just because you have a little Iraqi blood in you, that it gives you some devine right to pass judgement on the conditions that they were living in under his reign. it is comman knowledge he was a brutal dictator who needed to be removed from power, if for nothing more than securing the safety of the people that lived under this reign.

i don't agree with the war, we were duped into it. but like i said, we are there, and if we just pack up and leave. there will be a power vaccum that some other mad man is going to step in and fill. it's not hard to grasp. we made the commitment, now the only thing we can do is fulfill that, anything less is going to do far more damage then we have caused since we invaded.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

double post

[edit on 7/21/08 by SRTkid86]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

It was proven that their was NONE. The Bush administration admitted it. It was live........................

Besides I have weapons in my kitchen, many in fact. Quiite a range of sharp tools to choose from. Doesn't mean I'm gonna kill my housemates. Or go into the house next door and assasinate my neighbours, because they have silver range spoons that can be classed WMDs. Heck

Btw doesn't America have WMDs. Sure alot of cutlery to choose from tbh. Don't see why America has the right to tell some other nation to stop using knives and forks for their dinner all of a sudden. This thread is bull#. I'm going to have some dinner. Hopefully the ignorant Americans will wake up.

Does anyone see that this is and will be the most officially pathetic thread of the year on ATS.

Its old news, its stupid and childish.

America GROW UP and throw out your own WMDs before you tell someone else to do it.

P.S fox news is a soap drama.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It was proven that their was NONE. The Bush administration admitted it.

Besides I have weapons in my kitchen, many in fact. Doesn't mean I'm gonna kill my housemates.

Btw doesn't America have WMDs. Does anyone see that this is and will be the most officially pathetic thread of the year Its old news, its stupid and childish.

America GROW UP.

Well THERE was WMD's.

Did you forget about Iraq's use of them against Iran from 1983-1988?????

Dont tell me they dont, or they never had them.

Also, how are weapons in your kitchen relevant to this thread about WMD's?

Yeah, this thread is pretty childish considering this is the reason America went to war and the reason 4000+ American soldiers have given their life for.

VERY CHILDISH, NOT

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Your country sell these weapons to dictators in Africa, ME and the rest of the world for the last 50 years.

The US is the only one selling weapons? Did you miss my post where I pointed out a few things? Like France, which sells weapons to everyone and their brother. China, which sold weapons used in Darfur, and here's a link to my favorite:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, check that out carefully. Here are a few quote for you:

"More AK-type rifles have been produced than any other assault rifle."

"The low production and materials costs of the AK-47 meant that the USSR could produce and supply client states with this rifle instead of sending surplus munitions. As a result, the Cold War saw the mass export, sometimes free of charge, of AK-47s by the Soviet Union and Communist China to pro-communist countries and groups such as the Nicaraguan Sandinistas and Vietcong. The AK design was spread to over 55 national armies and dozens of paramilitary groups."

"During the '80s, the Soviet Union became the principal arms dealer to countries embargoed by the United States, including many Middle Eastern nations such as Afghanistan, Syria, Libya and Iran, who were willing to ally with the USSR against U.S. interests."

This one is just kinda cool:

"In 2006, Colombian musician and peace activist César López devised the escopetarra, an AK converted into a guitar."

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Btw doesn't America have WMDs.

Yeah, but we haven't been gassing Canadians or Mexicans with them lately.

Originally posted by mind is the universe Hopefully the ignorant Americans will wake up.

Does anyone see that this is and will be the most officially pathetic thread of the year on ATS.

Its old news, its stupid and childish.

America GROW UP and throw out your own WMDs before you tell someone else to do it.

Ignorant? Childish? Yet then you tell Americans to "grow up". Namecalling will get you nowhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
oh, so what you're saying is that if we never went in there. Saddam would have allowed the change in regime and allowed people to vote.

and also, how many time do you need to be told. WE ARE NOT STEALING OIL

what the hell am i paying 4.20/gallion for 93 octane if we are stealing there oil? they are still getting all the money from their oil, and they aren't having to pay for any of the stuff we are doing over there to help them

you are just regurgitating anti-american rhetoric that you are hearing on your local new station

get off the computer and go out into the real world and look into things, you may understand that Iraq was not friggen candlyand before we got there.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

Well THERE was WMD's.

America has WMDs and traded weapons with Saddam during the puppy friendship G.S.Bush had with Saddam pre gulf war. SIGH.........

Also, how are weapons in your kitchen relevant to this thread about WMD's?
I have sharp knives in my drawer. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly a threat, and gives any one the right for your country to impose on another nation, when you haven't taken a look at the selection of weapons in your kitchen drawer.
Americans really wave and display such crap. It's just unbelievable, excuses after excuses to behave like a stupid spoilt child who can just lash out and anyone and do what they like.

Yeah, this thread is pretty childish considering this is the reason America went to war and the reason 4000+ American soldiers have given their life for.

VERY CHILDISH, NOT

Can't see how war is a great thing... War isn't childish going by what you say. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
pathetic.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86

it's easy for you to act like he was a good man when you are sitting comfortable in Canada. you were born there, but you moved... gee I wonder why that is? could it be because the west offered more safety and a better life than Iraq had to offer?

No because my father was in the military and he had a chance to die by your army. Make sense?

it seems to me that you just wanting to come in here and spout some back handed insults towards America, like so many do around here these days.

Not towards America, but towards your president and leaders. I love American people.

he was a horrible dictator who killed HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YOUR COUNTRYMEN. he was killing your Iraqi borthers and sisters by the friggen boat load, and you are honestly going to sit there and defend him. saying what he did to the Kurds was justified. you are bonkers my friend.

So why do you sit here and defend your military and private contractors? Since you justify what Blackwater does it makes you bonkers does it not? Saddam did not want to lose North of Iraq to the Kurds. I am not going to defend every single one of his actions but Iraq was a lot better then it is now. You can sit and listen to your news all day long about how Iraq is much better without Saddam, but I know first hand.

i am not dillusioned about this at all. but we are there, and instead of backing out on the whim of the bleeding hear puss's around here, i think we need to stick it out and leave that place better than we foud it.

Oh yeah? Like what give it democracy? Iraq was good the way it was, if US makes it better then before without profiting off of it then I praise it. Everyone does something for a reason. Since the oil companies can go back to Iraq they are happy and they will make your leaders even happier.

and yes, Iraqis are very happy and thankful for our presence, of course there are a few naive people, such as yourself (no offence intended, but you speak as if you live there, but you are half way arcoss the world. easy to say things are good when you aren't there.) that don't like us and want us out, but it should be obvious by the shear number of people who are cooperating with us to make things better, that we are indeed welcomed by the vast majority.

Oh I see is that what the news told you? Or was it your relatives that live there, oh wait you have no relatives in Iraq. However I do and I am speaking for them. I talk to them every week and they want out of that country. That just goes to show you how much better it is. When natives of that country are running scared because their own people have turned mad.

There is no running water, electricity, and food costs an arm and a leg. Yup, you guys made that country great!

but no, you will sit there and ignore the facts, and think that just because you have a little Iraqi blood in you, that it gives you some devine right to pass judgement on the conditions that they were living in under his reign. it is comman knowledge he was a brutal dictator who needed to be removed from power, if for nothing more than securing the safety of the people that lived under this reign.

You keep saying brutal dictator like Saddam was the only one. What about Taiwan? How come you do not rush in and save those people? Their dictator is brutal, or maybe help Sudan, or any other country that does not have oil...

Your logic fails to amaze me. Here you think you can save one country with oil from an evil dictator, yet all the other countries are never spoken about.

Well why not write a letter to your president to go to war with every dictator country to liberate them?

i don't agree with the war, we were duped into it. but like i said, we are there, and if we just pack up and leave. there will be a power vaccum that some other mad man is going to step in and fill. it's not hard to grasp. we made the commitment, now the only thing we can do is fulfill that, anything less is going to do far more damage then we have caused since we invaded.

I will agree with you on this issue. If you do step out of that country the US installed government will fall. The Iraqi's will issue an Iraqi government. All the presidents hard work will be gone.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
oh, so what you're saying is that if we never went in there. Saddam would have allowed the change in regime and allowed people to vote.

and also, how many time do you need to be told. WE ARE NOT STEALING OIL

what the hell am i paying 4.20/gallion for 93 octane if we are stealing there oil? they are still getting all the money from their oil, and they aren't having to pay for any of the stuff we are doing over there to help them

you are just regurgitating anti-american rhetoric that you are hearing on your local new station

get off the computer and go out into the real world and look into things, you may understand that Iraq was not friggen candlyand before we got there.

what radio station do you think I'm listening too. Right now I'm hearing nonsense from you. Do take time to be more respectful and keep to topic.

P.S i don't listen to local radio stations, so I will leave you that and get back to topics

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Growing up is not name calling. Its telling you that your not behaving like an Adult. OR seeing things like an Adult. So since your not able to see this.
I will break it down for you.

America has WMDs. What IS America going to do with THEIR WMDs. I repeat that your and alot of other's are been childish. Because children don't see their responsiblity. Children don't see themselves doing wrong. Children will always blame the other person for wrong doings.

Are we clear, or you still can't see logic.

Come back to my point, when IS America going to give up their WMDs. Is Ireland allowed to attack America, since we don't feel America is allowed to have WMDs.

Look forward to hearing from you

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

Growing up is not name calling. Its telling you that your not behaving like an Adult. OR seeing things like an Adult. So since your not able to see this.
I will break it down for you.

America has WMDs. What IS America going to do with THEIR WMDs. I repeat that your and alot of other's are been childish. Because children don't see their responsiblity. Children don't see themselves doing wrong. Children will always blame the other person for wrong doings.

Come back to my point, when IS America going to give up their WMDs. Is Ireland allowed to attack America, since we don't feel America is allowed to have WMDs.

OK Guy. How are we not acting like adults? The reason you gave is total BS and you know it. According to you we are not "grown up" because we dont see things YOUR WAY or a certain way. Well, if the kind of world you want to live in, is one of single minded people, have fun.

Next point. America is NEVER going to give up their WMD's and why should we? Until we can come up with a way to get rid of every single WMD at once, not ONE country will give theirs up. Just because America has WMD's and China, Russia, Israel, or whoever does NOT mean that every country should have them. Do you get it? That is all we need is a rogue nation like Iran developing WMD's and then putting them to use. Do you know what would happen if they did that? Nuclear WAR, and according to you war is "childish" so maybe that is a point you could agree with? Probably not! Also, America is not doing anything with their WMD's. They are all sitting at various locations through out America and wherever else they might be. America is not threatening other countries with Nuclear annihilation like some nations might if they were to acquire them.

Ireland, as far as I know, is a free country and if they wish to attack America for failure to give up their WMD's, GOOD LUCK.

And im still not CLEAR on your position. Please Clarify.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well, last time I checked, we weren't any sort of risk to be giving WMDs away to a terrorist organization.

As bakednutz said, no country is going to give up their weapons and expect others to follow suit or not attack. Is that clear, or does that need to be broken down further for you?

Hey, I'm all for Ireland doing what it wants. You want to attack, knock yourself out.

And I noticed you didn't reply to the post about the USSR and their weapon sales.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

The reason you gave is total BS and you know it. According to you we are not "grown up" because we dont see things YOUR WAY or a certain way.

Its not my way. I'm going by behaviour and logic. Sorry I can't help you again, if you can't understand behaviour and logic.

Next point. America is NEVER going to give up their WMD's and why should we? Until we can come up with a way to get rid of every single WMD at once, not ONE country will give theirs up.

Classic
"I'm not going to give up my candy if he doesnt'" Finally we are coming to the realisation, I'm dealing with children.

Just because America has WMD's and China, Russia, Israel, or whoever does NOT mean that every country should have them.

Just because we have, doesnt mean they should" are you telling me this is an excuse for you to have nucs? right. next question. (shakes head and laughs) petty.

Do you get it? That is all we need is a rogue nation like Iran developing WMD's and then putting them to use. Do you know what would happen if they did that? Nuclear WAR,
You know people Say the same thing about America? Ironic or what?!

I mean its America that loves war, really. It's America that think we should solve conflicts with war. Not really Adult and respectable about it. But hey!

and according to you war is "childish" so maybe that is a point you could agree with? Probably not! Also, America is not doing anything with their WMD's.
So its ok for America to have WMDs still. The Iraq war was base on the same excuse they had WMDs. but they havent used them against America or ever planned too, so America goes in and blows Iraq up and removes Saddam, just in case Iraq might use them. America use WMDs never. Just in case.... LMAO. Someone here please tell me they can understand that this is just pathetic.

They are all sitting at various locations through out America and wherever else they might be. America is not threatening other countries with Nuclear annihilation
Neither has any other country. But America surely provokes countries, can't deny that. I'm sick of it to be honest. Your leaders have been provoking Iran to war. Your president gave the go ahead for Israel to even attack Iran. Don't give anyone a second to think that America doesn't provoke. That is a blatant lie.

Ireland, as far as I know, is a free country and if they wish to attack America for failure to give up their WMD's, GOOD LUCK.

I'm just saying, funny that you couldn't answer my question. I mean Ireland would be right(in American behaviour) to attack America, because we feel you should not have WMDs. America has this attitude about every other country and that's ok for your country, but other nations can't have the same right either? hmmmmmm. So the ball is in your court, can you explain why? Looking forward to hear from you

And im still not CLEAR on your position. Please Clarify.

my point and position, That its not acceptable that America, is allowed to make decisions on a worlds stage that is only benifecial to themselves. Americans have the attitude that they are allowed to have weapons and do what they like with little regards to other nations. But when the table is turned, some countries want to be powerful and rich, America doesn't agree with it. America is allowed to have Nucs, but Iran isn't. Why?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Classic "I'm not going to give up my candy if he doesnt'" Finally we are coming to the realisation, I'm dealing with children.

Well, I guess you are going to have to deal with children. How does that make you feel knowing you are being debated by "children"? I would not even waste my time.

And what dont you understand about not giving up our nuke's until everyone else does? America, as one of the only superpowers, we would be CRAZY to just tell the world, "hey, were getting rid of our nuke's, come attack"! Why dont you ask China and Russia to just get rid of theirs too and then wait to get laughed at. What you are asking is like a joke, but not funny.

Just because we have, doesnt mean they should" are you telling me this is an excuse for you to have nucs? right. next question. (shakes head and laughs) petty.

Actually it is not an excuse for anything. How would you feel knowing that EVERY country on earth has Nuclear Weapons? Would that make you feel better? America is the one who invented the atomic bomb, get over it. You talk about "logic and behavior" as a sign that "we are children" yet there is no logic in your position. And your "behavior" is like that of a child. Name calling? "You are all children, blah blah blah".

You know people Say the same thing about America? Ironic or what?!

I mean its America that loves war, really. It's America that think we should solve conflicts with war. Not really Adult and respectable about it. But hey!

As an American, there is nothing I hate more than war. You need to be careful about generalizations and just assuming since Bush brought on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan that "America loves war". Maybe I should just start making absurd assumptions about Ireland? No logic their. If people are afraid that America is just going to nuke them they probably are not all together in the head. Especially people who lives in Ireland. But, maybe there are a lot of paranoid people around the world, I dont know?

So its ok for America to have WMDs still. The Iraq war was base on the same excuse they had WMDs. but they havent used them against America or ever planned too, so America goes in and blows Iraq up and removes Saddam, just in case Iraq might use them. America use WMDs never. Just in case.... LMAO. Someone here please tell me they can understand that this is just pathetic

It is OK for America to have nuclear weapons, that is my position. The Iraq war was a mistake, but, you have just assumed all us "childish Americans" are carbon copies of Bush and LOVE war. Id make a joke here about Bush attacking Ireland but that would be stooping to your level.

Neither has any other country. But America surely provokes countries, can't deny that. I'm sick of it to be honest. Your leaders have been provoking Iran to war. Your president gave the go ahead for Israel to even attack Iran. Don't give anyone a second to think that America doesn't provoke. That is a blatant lie.

Sure America is "provoking Iran"?? Are you kidding? Where have you been the last few years? I dont even know what to say to this. Go do some research and get back to me with PROOF that America is provoking Iran into war. I can think of numerous news articles that I could pull and prove the exact opposite. If Israel wants to attack Iran that is their decision. I really dont care, especially considering they are already launching proxy wars against Israel through various terrorist organizations.

I'm just saying, funny that you couldn't answer my question. I mean Ireland would be right(in American behaviour) to attack America, because we feel you should not have WMDs. America has this attitude about every other country and that's ok for your country, but other nations can't have the same right either? hmmmmmm. So the ball is in your court, can you explain why? Looking forward to hear from you

I dont get it. I answered your question about Ireland attacking us??? Try it. But as the leaders of you country would realize, THERE IS NO LOGIC IN DOING THAT!!!! Oh snap, the logic thing again, darn. Who exactly do you think should have them? And I highly doubt that America would ask China or Russia to get rid of theirs, so there goes your theory about the attitude America has against EVERY other Country possessing nukes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Actually it is not an excuse for anything. How would you feel knowing that EVERY country on earth has Nuclear Weapons? Would that make you feel better? America is the one who invented the atomic bomb, get over it. You talk about "logic and behavior" as a sign that "we are children" yet there is no logic in your position. And your "behavior" is like that of a child. Name calling? "You are all children, blah blah blah".

America didn't invent the atomic bomb, Nazi Germany did, America was the first to use it in a war which in result a great number of civilians died.
shocking

Sure America is "provoking Iran"?? Are you kidding? Where have you been the last few years? I dont even know what to say to this. Go do some research and get back to me with PROOF that America is provoking Iran into war. I can think of numerous news articles that I could pull and prove the exact opposite. If Israel wants to attack Iran that is their decision. I really dont care, especially considering they are already launching proxy wars against Israel through various terrorist organizations.

ummm America is "provoking Iran", which world have you been living in. America is supporting terrorist organization within and around Iran. "A Pakistani tribal militant group responsible for a series of deadly guerrilla raids inside Iran has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials since 2005, U.S. and Pakistani intelligence sources tell ABC News.", sooo who is provoking who?? Yeah let's not forget about the American war against terrorism lol, and let's not forget the American stand against countries who support terrorists, wow, I'm surprised how America doesn't attack America, pretty wierd ha.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Ownification]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

The first nuclear weapons were created in the United States by an international team, including many displaced scientists from central Europe, which included Germany, with assistance from the United Kingdom and Canada during World War II as part of the top-secret Manhattan Project.

Do a little research before you make a statement that you present as fact.

Here is the link to Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join