It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD's were found in IRAQ.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

These are like circa-1917 WMD's...

The thruth here probaly is, this was the low grade worthless junk that they either left behind, or forgot about.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The simple fact that Mig-29's were found buried in the sand ( I believe there were over 20) makes the possibilty of other weapons being buried.

Oh, and whatever happened to the two cargo ships that cruised around the Indian Ocean for months???? They dropped out of the news pretty quick.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
sory it took me so long to get back to the thread guys. i had to do quite a bit of reading to catch up.
anyways im trying to get caught up as quick as i can and if i missed you in this post i will get to you as time allows...

reply to post by mind is the universe

I don’t even own a tv..

reply to post by Blaine91555

Good find and a great read..

Originally posted by argentus

Where is the oil? How it the world could any country think that by knocking off the government head that they could then, what, seize the oil, ship it back to the US and allied nations? Do you really believe this, or has it just sounded good over the years. I'm really curious.

great point. ive often wondered this as well but you sure dont see many people talking about this. all this oil we are stealing sure is pretty damn expencive..

reply to post by lee anoma

I agree 100% but I still don’t feel like my point has been made clear no matter how many times I posted it. I know im replying to you but this is not directed solely at you and quit frankly im not restating my meaning its all over pages 1,2 and 3.

reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

i think you are the one who needs to wake up.

this goes to you and everyone:

this thread has opened my mind to just how closed minded most of the posters are on this site. save a few of course. you people dont even read a whole post much less a whole thread. you clearly read only what fits your ideas especially when it comes to hate.

reply to post by TKainZero

i dont doubt that one bit. im not trying to argue anything against that. i just think that many people never even knew about this find and my only argument and point is to bring this to the eyes of a few people who might want to know about it. nothing more nothing less. im not trying to justify the war, or bush or the un or congress. just shedding some light for some new debate...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Your source is Fox News.....

*farts and leaves*

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Let me just start off by saying that I am extremely proud to be an American regardless off what the United States may have or haven’t done.

That being said the argument that twenty year old chemical weapons are useless has no merit. Put simply chemical weapons can last years if the conditions prove right. In 2001 12,000 from the town of Vimy, France had to be evacuated for several weeks due to a stockpile of unexploded World War I shells near the town. Those shells were bordering on 90 years old when this town was evacuated and these shells consisted in part of mustard gas, the same gas found in Iraq.

A couple of links to my sources on the Vimy France Evacuation:
www.cbc.ca...
www.commondreams.org...
query.nytimes.com...

Also I believe there is some mention of it on: wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_gas_in_World_War_I

Also as to the comment that foxnews was not a credible source here are several other sources with this same article:
query.nytimes.com...
www.breitbart.com...

I consider the New York Times to be credible but that might just be me.

Also to say Saddam wouldn't use the weapons he had is an insult to 5,000 people who died in a Kurdish village called Halabja on March 16th and 17th of 1988. Now all you have to do to verify this is Google image search Halabja and you will plainly see what exactly these weapons are capable of. Still one of my sources is listed below:

www.voanews.com...

Saddam was a brutal and violent dictator who had no regard for the sanctity of human life and his people hated him as reflected by his trial and execution in front of a cheering crowd.
The United States may have put him in power but we also put Manuel Noriega in power. Few people object to the United State's removal of Noriega because it protected our interests in Panama, namely the Panama Canal. Noriega was known for the same things that Saddam was known for (i.e. eliminating political rivals, false imprisonment, torture, etc.) Dictators were easier to control during an era of war. It was easier to keep a dictator from falling to communism than it was to keep a democracy; hence the US put in power many dictators during the 1980's and 90's.

I was have the interesting background of being born in a war torn country, something that only a select group of people in the United States can attest to. During the years that I lived in El Salvador I witness both personally and through the media many atrocities, some of which were committed by the US backed military government at the time. I can say with complete certainty however that it was thanks to the United States that El Salvador did not fall into the hands of radicals, terrorists and insurgents, similar to those that we are facing in Iraq today. Innocents died in the process of defending El Salvador. Human rights were violated. BUT today El Salvador is one of the only countries still in Iraq alongside the United States. Although they are only able to provide a fraction of what the other countries can, they fight because they remember who helped them in their time of need.

I’ll finish by restating what I first said. I am extremely proud to be an American because in this country we have the right to sit at our computer and put our thoughts and feelings online and that is the reason that I wake up every morning, because in this country I know I have more than just my pride I have my freedom something too many people in the world can't say.

Take my words as you like. The outcome will make little difference to me.

I choose to remain anonymous so I shall write my name simply as
Verum, latin for truth

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I remember on Fox news before we went in to Iraq there was a huge Russian 200 truck caravan that went in to Iraq and back out right before we went in. Maybe they were on a site seeing tour? Sadly sodam used wmd on his own people,just for that he needed to be brought to justice not to mention the hundreds of thousands he kill.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Pretty sure assassination is an act of war.

Yeah and what precisely could Iraq have done about it?

And the man's assassination would only lead to one of his far more insane sons taking the reigns.

And the problem with killing them too is what exactly? After Saddam went on the run, the military utterly dissolved, they showed no loyalty whatsoever to the man or his family. Achieving their deaths by assassination would have had exactly the same effect.

The fact is the world isn't that simple - This isn't a video-game where the death of one character wins the level and peace and butterflies reign supreme.

In most cases the world is that simple. I know American news doesn't cover much aside from what happens on their own soil. But I have heard of two, possibly 3 major political assassinations in this year alone from the BBC. America tends not to favour assassinations since they are not as profitable as wars.

The evidence that America cherry picks their tyrants is painfully obvious. Robert Mugabe is still alive, cheerfully rigging elections. Kim Jung Il is still around. Saddam is dead, and he's the only one who had any oil.

Assassination is a distasteful but extremely effective method of regime change. The more power centralized to a single figure, and the more that figure uses fear to rule his people, the more effective assassination becomes.

Think also about the Iraqi people, what do you think they would have preferred? Their houses bombed, their families killed, their lives ruined? Or the quick and painless elimination of the tyrant running their country. Think about it. The American soldiers had a second war for hearts and minds after they went and bombed the hell out of Iraq. They haven't won that war yet and they never will.

Many of the regular citizens of Iraq turned terrorist, turned suicide bomber, turned insurgent. Pick your label. They did not turn because their beloved Saddam was chased out of his palace, they did so because they had a big buttload of bombs dropped on their cities and families killed.

So if you wanna make snarky comments about peace and butterflies. Outline to me the peace and butterflies that came from Americans preferred regime change methods.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ack, quoted instead of editing. If a mod could remove this post pretty please.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

If you want to continue believing the world is flat, nobody is stopping you!

MOOOOOO!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
I don’t even own a tv..

Fair enough, just thought I'd say Fox news is really a joke.

To get your source as your information, is embarrassing.

Really fox news is an oil mad news station, with aggressive actors on it (not reporters)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis

i. Can you describe to me one nation's people which unanimously consider America the most violent nation is modern times? I can name a host of African nations which foot the bill, particularly via genocide, let alone some Eastern European or Asian countries. Just because you're bias leads you to see the vocal minorities opinion of the United States and not address the others does not make it reality.

Ireland. In fact thousands of people protested your regimes. We did not welcome your president even back in 2006, when some Americans hadn't a clue what Iraq was. Ireland does not agree with the behaviour of the whole 8 years. We do not respect how America handles international issues whatsoever. In fact there is not one nation that does, but the UK. The majority of the people of the UK even dissagree with the chaos America has led this world into. The protest there reflect that. Just because YOUR not aware of your countries behaviour doesn't mean we are not

I live with a few nationalities, they don't agree with this mess. Go ask people yourself!? It really does open up your very own eyes. Some Americans are even able to tell me how ignorant their own nation has become in comparison to the rest of the world. your an example.

iii. No question about being the number on the arms manufacturer, but let's elaborate on that.
First, America sells the most expensive weapons in the world, which certainly helps. That's like saying Armani outsells Target-brand clothing cash-wise. Of course they're not, but the price-tag certainly impacts the equation.
Furthermore, let's see who the U.S. sells to, mainly. The Netherlands? Thaiwan? Canada? Australia?
Truly, dictatorships at their worse.
I'd much rather see the United States sell PAC-3 Anti-Ballistic Missile systems than have an equal amount of money being used to purchase Russian AK-74's and RPG-7's.

I'm sorry, but while your coming up with the names and the gritty details of weapons codes ( hideous crap) These weapons are killing people. Your country sell these weapons to dictators in Africa, ME and the rest of the world for the last 50 years. Please don't be nit picking. If America is such as peaceful nation, they could start with em, stop selling weapons, because weapons are designed to kill people. Its so hypocritical to call me ignorant when you cannot see logic or simple things about the devastation America has caused over the last 50 years, to remain the world's superpower. Stop blaming other countries.. Take responsibilty and wake up.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Sarin gas is the exact same stuff used in the movie The Rock.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but the Chem weapon used in The Rock was VX which was every bit as terrible as the movie played it out to be with the small exception that VX will NOT melt your skin off. i can say that with some authority. having been in a live agent chamber with VX and Sarin, my skin melting was one thing i wasnt worried about. (that and despite the fact that MOPP gear sucks, its actually pretty effective, fresh out of the bag that is)

Originally posted by Lokey13
I wonder how many WMD's we have????

i can honesetly tell you that you'll sleep better at night not knowing.

there are a lot of you saying "oh they were degraded and useless" but as a former NBC NCO i can tell you if one of those shells had come inbound on my position, im gonna tell my unit to MOPP up RTFN! (IOW right now)

where he got his WMD or what he did or didnt have is pretty much aside from the point, he was told to declare EVERYTHING, and i dunno where ya'll from but to me EVERYTHING means, EVERYTHING, not ALMOST EVERYTHING. In my opinion if he had ONE shell left that he didnt declare, he's in violation of the UN Resolution.

Another point it seems most people forget, ok lets all pretend he went out and dumped all his nerve gas in the desert and found a way to destroy all the anthrax he had (which by the way, was a LOT)...he STILL had a viable petrochemical industrial infrastructure. how long do you think it takes a pesticide factory to retool to turn out Sarin or VX? (hint: not long)

so im not going to justify the invasion. its a little late to worry about the why's now. but dont for one second think that saddam was not a threat to anyone. maybe not us in the mainland US but despite the feelings of some, we're not the only ones on this planet.

also, dont anyone ask me for sources. they're not online and i wont discuss them further. take these as my opinions and consider them or disregard them as you will.

thanks

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by mind is the universe

Got anything intelligent to add to this topic. I suspect you would have posted proof that statement was wrong if you had any. If you are saying those shells never existed, cough up the proof?

What's your opinion of Saddam by the way? Love him, hate him; what? Was he a good man? Was he and his kid's right in how they treated people? Did the hundreds of thousands they killed and tortured deserve what happened to them? How would you have removed him if you had to decide?

You didn't answer my question on the previous page.

Firstly my opinion of him, was that hes just a puppet to do what the elites always wanted him to do. Be a dictator, do the work, then the elites overthrow him.

Secondly. I said exactly what I said, because the media protray him to be what suits best at the particular time of such. The same way its suit George W. Bush to be protrayed as dumb by the media when hes obviously not. Saddam was merely a puppet given the power and opportunites to all the destruction he ever wanted to do. Most of the weapons were given to him, by the American government. America has WMDs too. Sells arms to dictators, so I guess you should use your intellegence now

George Senior could of killed him if he wanted too, back in the gulf era. He didn't. My point on been good or bad, makes alot of sense

To George he was good, as business was been done (Saddam was a bad man regardless)
To George he was bad suddenly, when Saddam didn't want to do any business with him. Meanwhile Saddam was killing people, during the business, and after the business. Did the American Government really give a flying sushi of the people been killed.... Give me a break.

It was business, so In George Senior's eyes he was good, and when there was no busniess then he was automatically bad.

The Iraq war and Saddam put their, was all part of the control and planning to create the war we are in today.

Finally another war was not the answer to just remove Saddam. The UN were in the process of dealing with this matter carefully. He was heavily sanctioned. Saddam was very weak shortly before America attacked. Saddam was not a threat to America either. The way it has been handled over the last 8 years was absurd. George Bush just wanted his head on his plate to get the oil. This exactly how this war has been handled. There were talks, no proper plan or anything sensible to achieve. But the American government behave like a bunch of bullies with an agenda. That is bottom line here.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by mind is the universe]
Sir, you are from the beautiful Emerald Island, and I do not think you realize how much oil America has, right now. Using off shore drilling and new tech on old wells, and new major oil field discoveries, we can use ONLY our own oil for 1,000 years at current consumption. We did not, emphatically not, invade over an imaginary oil shortage. The fact is that these elites consider us to be too dumb to figure out how to deal with the knowledge that they are privy to. Sometimes they claim to be genuinely concerned about the slaughter of the Kurds, and the terrible living conditions that had occured during Husseins rule. But Mark Twain once said that 'The only difference between reality and fiction, is that fiction has to be credible'. Or you have heard 'truth is stranger than fiction.' So what other reasons may there be? I did some research on here, and found those claiming that there are massive tunnel systems, dating back thousands of years, that Saddam was frantically searching for alien tech. Ostensibly one Star Gate. The same people also claim that we already had a Star Gate from aliens at the Greada Treaty in the '50s, at Edwards AFB. But getting unfettered access to the first human civilization, and the supposed alien tech there, is a possible tho not very plausible, reason.
Another reason put forth is that we are trying to introduce Democracy into a Despotic area of the world.
Another, is that Saddam was destroying the infrastructure in Iraq, and that we are now rebuilding it. The photos you see of inferior water and energy supply were not caused by us. They are being fixed by us.
The cost is being paid by printing US dollars, at a fraction of the cost of counterfeiting by US banks, loaning out money that they invent. At our peak of inflation during the '70s, the government only caused a small fraction of the growth in M1. It was the banks counterfeiting. This is controlled by the Federal Reserve, a private British bank, when they raise or lower interest rates, causing people to borrow more or less. It's a politically correct scam. And also unconstitutional.
So Saddam was murdering thousands of Christian Kurds, is it possible that the Bush'es wanted to stop that?
Many despots in the ME are very nervous right now because we ARE having an impact on peoples in the ME, cleaning up and repairing the Iraqi infrastructure, helping them. Marines I have talked to will tell you that. They are proud of it, and most are quite willing to go back, unlike Vietnam.
But like Vietnam, I have to wonder what is in it for the elite. Ostensibly, Afghanistan is now having a bumper crop of poppies, and our military planes could once again be smuggling heroin into the US. But not Iraq.
We have now agreed to set a timetable for withdrawl. Why? Perhaps we found stuff in those tunnels. Perhaps the Iraqi army is now becoming plausible. The fact is, we don't know. We don't know the facts. We can only guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Let's be fair and take in to consideration this quote from the same source:

Another addendum also noted that military forces in Iraq may continue to find small numbers of degraded chemical weapons — most likely misplaced or improperly destroyed before the 1991 Gulf War. In an insurgent’s hands, “the use of a single even ineffectual chemical weapon would likely cause more terror than deadlier conventional explosives,” another addendum said.

President Bush, Vice President Cheney and other top administration officials asserted before the U.S. invasion in March 2003 that Iraq was reconstituting its nuclear weapons program, had chemical and biological weapons, and maintained links to al Qaeda affiliates to whom it might give such weapons to use against the United States.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
FOX news is all I say.............

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

Sir, you are from the beautiful Emerald Island, and I do not think you realize how much oil America has, right now. Using off shore drilling and new tech on old wells, and new major oil field discoveries, we can use ONLY our own oil for 1,000 years at current consumption. We did not, emphatically not, invade over an imaginary oil shortage.

I actually I do. But America wants more oil. LIke the greedy man with millions, who doesnt want to spend his copppers!

The fact is that these elites consider us to be too dumb to figure out how to deal with the knowledge that they are privy to.

Sadly the elites are mostly right on this one

Many despots in the ME are very nervous right now because we ARE having an impact on peoples in the ME, cleaning up and repairing the Iraqi infrastructure, helping them. Marines I have talked to will tell you that. They are proud of it, and most are quite willing to go back, unlike Vietnam.
A million more are dead, There is nothing to be proud of the disgraceful behaviour. Every elite and moron in the whitehouse should be in jail for causing this genocide and war.

But like Vietnam, I have to wonder what is in it for the elite. Ostensibly
The elites want control, war, and power. Its down to control. Simple.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
A million more are dead, There is nothing to be proud of the disgraceful behaviour. Every elite and moron in the whitehouse should be in jail for causing this genocide and war.

Do you actually know what Genocide is? Because if you did, you wouldn't be applying it to Iraq.

I'm proud of what I did over there. People got to vote, and I think we had a big part in helping that along. Friends I know have built schools, wells, hospitals.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
he STILL had a viable petrochemical industrial infrastructure. how long do you think it takes a pesticide factory to retool to turn out Sarin or VX? (hint: not long)

You wouldn't be throwing in this hypothetical "retooling" if you believed in your argument that those shells you were talking about were a serious WMD threat to the US.

I heard that a spaghetti factory can be retooled for the production of artillery shell gunpowder.

To suggest that Saddam was a threat to the US is quite disingenious, imho.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Do you actually know what Genocide is? Because if you did, you wouldn't be applying it to Iraq.

I'm proud of what I did over there. People got to vote, and I think we had a big part in helping that along. Friends I know have built schools, wells, hospitals.

well people would of got to vote and get on with their lives, If America stayed out in the very very beginning. The country should not belong to America. Thats basically what America is doing taking the country into their own hands. So they can take the oil.

Nobody should be proud of this behaviour. And you should not be proud of this absurd and pontless war. A million left to die and more American soldiers killing innoncents. Thats the reailty

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join