It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD's were found in IRAQ.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
im starting this thread because im sick of seeing posts saying "what happened to the wmd's in Iraq." and any and every variant of this.

I already know im going to here degraded this and old that. the point is 500 chemical weapons were found. this still may not justify the war but WMD'S WERE FOUND. like it or not they were there.

and this is just a thought I don’t think all of them have been found yet. also I don’t think the whole report has yet been declassified..

Since 2003 Coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent.

source:
www.foxnews.com...

also i dont know if this is in the right place. please move if needed..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, conveniently leak to the media just before George W retires…George Bush and his wife recently appeared on UK TV. George stated how sad he was that he may be only be remembered as a war president. He also stated that he and his wife were quite desperate to change peoples around the world opinions of him.

So you see, after that interview (and sorry I can’t find an online reference to that interview) it all seems so coincidental that right before he goes he is vindicated on invading Iraq…harrumph!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

this article is a few years old. i think it was reported before his first term was even up. that is why i didnt put in the breaking news forum..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

was that the interview by the irish media. sorry i cant remember the name. if it was i think i saw it. but maybe there was a diffrent one. it would be great if you could find a link though..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Too bad by now the Administration is so low in my eyes that I cannot see the WMDs being "found" in a genuine manner. Who's to say anything is truth after what they have demonstrated for all of these long, extremely suspect years.

Instead of seeing it as... "oh, they did? my bad my bad" I see it as... "yeah right! Just like (then preceeds to list off the overwhelming and numerous bulls*** that have been spewing from that crew)"

Even if it were true and they did find those WMDs, they fall severely short on credibility and I will doubt it to the end.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Geez and McCain and Ghram try to say were "delusional"

What was found in IRAQ is not WMD... They were ALL degraded munitions found in remote pockets.. half buried by time in swamps and so forth from over 15 years ago!

To try to pass this off as the "Smoking Gun" or even a "Valid" point

Is the most incredulous sham I have ever heard.

I am embarrassed for you.

Even to say they were found should tell you that they were lost crap to begin with ... 300 of them were simply empty shells..

[edit on 17-7-2008 by SavageHenry]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Mustard and sarin gas in Iraq ?!! Al Gore and Bill Clinton said they were a grave threat because of their NUCLEAR ambitions. I don't know who to believe anymore.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry

To try to pass this off as the "Smoking Gun" or even a "Valid" point

Is the most incredulous sham I have ever heard.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by SavageHenry]

it is not my intent to claim this is the smokeing gun. you obvisouly didnt read the whole op. you only saw what your narrow mind wanted to.

i never claimed this was a just cause for the war. i was just makeing the facts known. however i dont expect you to understand this. your post proves you are simply not able to. shame on you my friend.

reply to post by astronomine

Too bad by now the Administration is so low in my eyes that I cannot see the WMDs being "found" in a genuine manner. Who's to say anything is truth after what they have demonstrated for all of these long, extremely suspect years.

this maybe true. im gonna refer you to my second post. this article is from 2003.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Guess where Saddam got his Mustard and Sarin gas?
And who sold it to him...

www.iranchamber.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

good find. and a good read.

so we knew that iraq had chemical weapons and damn good reason to suspect that they had other weapons. so the intellignce reports gain more strength. the were right in the sence that we knew they had these weapons, because we gave them the moneys and materials...

the plot thickens..

star for you...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Those WMD's that were found were weapons of mild discomfort!

Seriously, those weapons they found could not mass destroy anything. But hey, they were still a nucular threat right. Still waiting to find that stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

SavageHenry, you're killing me.

Who in the hell loses WMDs? Could you imagine the US military freaking out and asking, "Where the hell did that nuke go? It was here 10 minutes ago.."

No one loses WMDs. That's so asinine its unbelievable. You've obviously never had an experience with an auditor. Saddam was told to account for all WMDs in Iraq's possession. Obviously, he did not. 500 chemical weapons do not just go missing.

Not to mention, half the people on this forum believe in "inter-dimensional beings" and aliens and whatever else, yet it is totally inconceivable that the WMDs we were looking for were shipped out of the country before the US invaded. That's crazy talk.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

im no chemist. but going by what the report says these were more than just "weapons of mild discomfort" as you so lightheartedly put it..

reply to post by alkali

i wish i knew when the whole report was gonna be released. im intrested in knowing more. i find it doubt full he lost them as well. he knew full well where these weapons were.

Originally posted by SavageHenry
Even to say they were found should tell you that they were lost crap to begin with ... 300 of them were simply empty shells..

can i ask where you got your info?

what is your source?

300 were empty shells?
because i know my source dosent mention this...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

You must not be familiar with Sarin or Mustard gas. I don't consider death a "mild discomfort". I suggest you actually know what you're talking about before entering the conversation.

To make it easier:
Sarin
Mustard gas

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sarin gas is the exact same stuff used in the movie The Rock.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkali
No one loses WMDs. That's so asinine its unbelievable. You've obviously never had an experience with an auditor. Saddam was told to account for all WMDs in Iraq's possession. Obviously, he did not. 500 chemical weapons do not just go missing.

How about this....

www.globalresearch.ca...

It's hard to take you seriously if you were unaware of the ^^^

[edit on 18-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

i always get a kick out of reading your posts.

and what a great movie.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The munitions were degraded to the point of not being able to MASS DESTROY anything! I suggest you read and study before you start getting snippy with me.

Yes the mass discomfort was a joke, simply because Bush had us believing we were all going to die in the near future by these horrible weapons Iraq had, when in fact it was nothing of the sort, so yes, I went off the deep end and referenced something Keith Olbermann said as a point of going the opposite direction of shrub.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You actually have a decent conspiracy there, but no, I don't think that the nukes were lost. I think that the whole thing was a bit of muscle flexing by the President and others. I personally believe that those nukes were far from being lost.

Anyway, this doesn't really apply to the situation in Iraq before the war. The UN asked Iraq to produce all of their WMDs. Seems like someone would have noticed the 500 or so not accounted for. If the UN had asked the US to account for all of its nuclear arsenal and the US came up short, all hell would break loose. As I said, you don't just lose 500 WMDs.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
The munitions were degraded to the point of not being able to MASS DESTROY anything! I suggest you read and study before you start getting snippy with me.

The purity of the agent inside the munitions depends on many factors, including the manufacturing process, potential additives, and environmental conditions. While agents degrade over time,chemical warfare agents remain hazardous and potentially leathal.

something about glass houses came to mind when reading this line in your post..

I suggest you read and study before you start getting snippy with me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join