It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps a new Odd Couple...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This would in deed be a big time odd couple.

WASHINGTON - Republican Sen. John McCain allowed a glimmer of hope Wednesday for Democrats fantasizing about a bipartisan dream team to defeat President Bush

McCain said he would consider the unorthodox step of running for vice president on the Democratic ticket in the unlikely event he received such an offer from the presidential candidate.

"John Kerry is a close friend of mine. We have been friends for years," McCain said Wednesday when pressed to squelch speculation about a Kerry-McCain ticket. "Obviously I would entertain it."

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040310/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_mccain_1&printer=1

This may infact be a turn in a good direction for Democrats. I know it probably won't happen for obvious reasons, but that would be an incredible ticket...even stronger than Kerry/Edwards. What so ya'll think?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I would agree. I think if those two ran and won, the democratic party would have a strong pair in the "hot seat" and could probably accomplish many great things.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Try Dave Ledderman(spelling), I seen earlier on CNN that Karry might put him on his ticket.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That would ensure a New York vote, but I don't think Dave being on the ticket would help elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

join