It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about bringing laptops to airports.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What do they do at security checkpoints in airports if you have a laptop? I'm just curious. Would they seize it or something?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
At the security checkpoint, you put your laptop in its own bin...when it gets xrayed. You must take it out of its bag/backpack...and have alone in the bin.

I do a lot of business travel with mine....so used to it. The one thing that kinda sucks is some airports have free wifi, some do not.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So they wouldn't take my laptop? That's good to hear

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Mine got tested for a bomb a couple of months ago.They did it while i was standing there and it only took a couple of minutes.I asked the guy if it would harm my laptop of course he said "no".Ever since its run a hell of alot slower.Coincidence?? me thinks not.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. I'm on vacation now. I did have some trouble-- just out of curiosity-- after I take my laptop out of my backpack (which is a carry on bag) how should I put it back in quickest?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Get a laptop bag.
They're made to take it out easy...

Also, be sure you always have it charged, as security often asks you to power it up (to be sure it isn't just a false housing)...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When traveling, it's also helpful to paste your business card (or something unique and not too weird) onto the cover of the computer. That way, even if a similar computer is sitting next to yours, you won't grab the wrong one by mistake.

This is especially useful if you take your computer to conferences and meetings, where multiple laptop computers may be sitting next to each other.

Just in case.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's an excellent suggestion...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Yeah. I have brought my laptop (inside carrier bag) to many airports and it has been scanned each time.

It is not prohibited to have one on you. Many airplanes and docking systems where your can connect your laptop to.

new topics

top topics

join