It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Taxpayers paying for Navy vacations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So my husband called me today, (he is in the NAVY and stationed at Pearl Harbor in Oahu). Well he called me and said that his ship is going to take him and family members to Maui for Thanksgiving. The ship will sail everyone to Maui but whoever goes will have to find their own transportation back to Oahu (Superferry or Airplane). The sailors and family members who will be going to Maui don't have to pay for anything, so who is going to be paying for this mini vacation, you. Have in mind, that this trip to Maui has nothing to do with work. Hmm, I wonder who is paying for the vacation homes that our politicians own.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Personally, I don't mind my tax dollars going to give a vacation to someone in the service. At least they're doing something for the country. What I'm angry about is my tax dollars funding the worst congress in history and its billions in pork projects.

If my money is going to be wasted, at least it is wasted on someone who actually does their job and deserves a little luxury every now and then.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Congrats,
Your husband has just released classified information on a ship's movement.

Now all the feds need to do is let him know that you have gotten him in trouble.

Whatever happened to common sense around here?

BTW,
There is a valid reason for moving his ship, there is no reason to tell you what it is.

new topics

join