It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "Some Big Events Are About To Occur"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
*sigh*

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Name some. For "denying ignorance" sake.

McFidden (going back to the begining)
Any one from the Chicago and Austrian schools of economic thought
Libertarians and Constitutionalists - That would include who? Barr, now Gavel, Root, etc.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
And they give no credibility to what he says. They instead use it as a means of discrediting him and his followers, while providing absolutely no facts. Like you.

1. Care to cite examples of this. Not saying you're wrong. It's just that whenever he's brought up, it's only because he has said or done something. They report it and that's it. I can't ever recall anyone going out of their way to try and discredit him.

What haven't I provided facts for? I'm the one asking for facts from Ron Paul. I didn't realize I said something that needed facts to back them up. I'll do that as soon as I figure out what you're talking about.

If he has vital information it is a CRIME to withhold it and HE will be responsible if these "big events" turn out to be bad big events.

What a joke

I don't see anything funny.
So you're saying that he should just keep quiet and go with most other politicians and allow these "big things" to take place without warning the people?

Midnight:

So you expect one man who have one vote against over 500 other votes to swing the tide?

No. That's why I'm saying he should inform the public if he has information.
Then it'll be 300 million against 500.

Not exactly sure why you all are arguing. Ron Paul said something, I want him to explain. If this effects me then of course I want further information. Who cares who supports the Fed and all that!? That's trivial stuff. If there's something big coming, then I want to know how to prepare.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
GOLD my friends...GOLD!
I think that is what Ron Paul was trying to tell everyone. You see the best way to distroy someone is through their credability. The major canadates know that Ron Paul is right which is why they need to knock him down cause god forbid the people learn the truth. If there is one thing that i know will save a lot of people when the states hit a major economic collapse and the US dollar goes like russias where people will be brining it home in wheel barrels and its worth less, it will be gold that saves people...its too bad ron paul didn't get in. I liked him...seemed like a honest politician which finding is like finding Victoria's secret...take care

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well it seems that I along with many of you would like to know what events he was talking about. I decided to take it upon myself to e-mail Congressman Paul about that quote and asked if he could give any specific detail as to what he was talking about.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Midnight:

So you expect one man who have one vote against over 500 other votes to swing the tide?

No. That's why I'm saying he should inform the public if he has information.
Then it'll be 300 million against 500.

Thats a really good point. If one of those yahoos had something really juicy to say they should just quit trying to play both sides of the fence and give it to us. I think people are primed right now to hear something approaching the truth.

Although I wonder if he may be a little worried that if he told the general public, their actions would cause so much trouble on their own as they raced around in a panic trying to secure their position, that he is afraid to tell us.

That could well be. Just envision for a moment what would happen in the next couple days if someone told us all on the nightly news that the banks were collapsing. I would be afraid to go out to the grocery store. (Though I sure would need to, I dont have enough cash on hand to make it more than a couple of days if the banking system should just shut down. I would have to whip out that debit card quick before they shut that puppy down.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Too tired to(O.K.)lazy to go through all 4 pages but I agree with what I think you are implying, that is, for Obama to ascend to the Prez, he is owned outright by ***DRUMROLL*** the powers that be. He said that he doesn't want money from certain sources and lo-and-behold, some of the super delegates leaked that they might switch their votes.
Welcome to the world Mr. 143 days in the real world of global politics.
To use the vernacular of online fight vids, you've been owned.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Wow, you want to talk about the irony in a statement? Think about what you said when I told you " That sounds more like someone who hates politicians in general." and you said "And there`s something wrong with that?". That is like saying, because of what the Germans did in WW2, I hate all Germans now. Why lump an entire group of people under one hate filled thought? That my friend is a hate problem. I for one may not like some people, but I don`t hate them, even if their opinin may not be the same as mine.

As far as Mr. Pauls statement about the nukes, well, only time will tell. And I do hope he is wrong.

Lol, you are right about me having my head buried, but, I did pull it out of the sand, and I don`t like what I am seeing. It`s not good at all the road this government is taking us down. Another possible war, and who wants that? Do we? No, we don`t. Do we want to prosper at the cost of human lives? No we don`t. Can this country afford another war? No, our economy is in ruins now, we can`t even afford to pay the interest on our national debit. We can not keep printing worthless money to pay for our goods and services. That`s why our economy is in shambles now, it`s ruining us as a nation.

No one wants their reality shaken, not even the best of them don`t. But there comes a time when you have to face the facts and learn to either live with it or do your best to change it. I for one want to change course and go down a road that has a more positive outlook to it. How about you? With your way of thinking, all I can say is, the best of luck to you in the future.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ron Paul knows whats coming, as sure as those on the day before 9-11 telephoning people telling them not to fly the next day.

He is in the inner circle, hears the gossip and talks to folks deep inside.

He warned us all fair and square, cannot ask for more than this.

Flagged.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is an incredible speech. If anyone doubts that Ron Paul is the real deal now, you need to get your head examined.

I'm a little worried. I hope things can change before 'something big happens' but I'm afraid its too late. If people think things are bad now... just get out of the city is all I can say.

I really hope Congress wakes up, maybe they will when this economy bubble bursts in front of their fat faces... people the sheet WILL hit the fan, where will you be when it does, this speech should be a wake up call to all, we are being PLAYED!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Sorry, which speech are you referring to? were he says big events ? Does anyone have the link to the full speech?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Swingarm]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
reply to post by jtma508

As i have said before I don't think it really matters what face you see in the white house It's the face you don't see is the problem

I have shared the same thought for a long time...It seems to me that the winning canidate will be the one that can begroomed and put up for display. The one that will best attract the public via what is portrayed as charisma...a puppet that sells.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying but what can I do about it? I am currently jobless and on welfare. I have gained 270lbs in the last 4 months. I eat McDonals for breakfast and BK for lunch and Papa Johns Pizza for dinner. I am so tired all I can do is watch TV. When I see bad news like this I just turn the channel. I think most people are in my situation. We are just tired and don't care anymore. If things collapse or not, if freedom dies or not it's not going to affect me much as long as my food sources and Tivo keeps working.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisAgain
People who sharply criticize Ron Paul most likely haven't listened to his speeches and interviews extensively (get his DVD from one of the sellers on ebay - along with Bill Cooper's 'Behold a Pale Horse' and 'Secret Government' - they'll give you a good idea of what awaits us).

It's a no-brainer to see where things are going, and yes, atleast some of this is planned (ie. banking and the overwriting of the Glass-Steagall Act, the coming NAU that 'no one' in Congress seems to know about - or admit knowing about, a Congress that generally refuses to address the massive trade & budget deficits and outsourcing/insourcing of jobs like there's no tomorrow, immigration policy, etc., etc., etc.). People don't want to open their minds to his statements because they're deathly afraid - and it's not Paul's fault (you know, the "don't shoot the messenger" concept).

Ron Paul is a rarity in government and actually cares about the U.S. and it's future, unlike the vast majority of the leadership of the country - government, business, and religion included.

I agree, completely. I have followed Ron Paul for almost 35 years and his beliefs regarding our economic system and its effects upon the American people, have not changed since his first writings appeared in Bob White's "Duck Book", in the middle 1970's. He has steadfastly been for the abolishment of the Federal Reserve and a non-believer of Keynesian-"Supply-side" economics. He's been a member of the Ludwig von Mises Institute and a proponent of its Austrian Economics, as long as I can remember.

Before anyone else regurgitates their short comings, may I suggust you visit The Ludwig von Mises Institute website: mises.org... and read about the economic system in place before the Fed was created, and where Ron Paul is coming from. And yes, links to articles about Ron Paul are available at this site.

Spend an hour at this site and you will see why some of us are Ron Paul believers and why we fear what the Keynesian's have prepared for the American people.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Oldnslo]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Do you think the powers that be, will make a martyr out of paul , or are they laughing at the fact that he is speaking truth and no one is listening , convinced that their brainwashing techniques have indeed workedd..

will post this other great video again the first 2 minutes are a Epic..
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by aLinkToThePast]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The Austrian School is a school of economic thought that follows the belief of the actions of individualism. Austrians believe in the basic principles of human action as the only valid economic theory. They are adamantly opposed to the behavior theory of Keynesian economics.

Austrian theorists such as Murray Rothbard, Ludvig Von Mises, and Friedrich Hayek believed in government restraint, the protection of private property and the defense of individual rights. Austrians see entrepreneurship as the lifeblood of economic development. Austrian economics fit in very well with a free society.

An economist by the name of John Maynard Keynes wrote The General Theory Of Employment, Interest And Money in 1936. His book was well received, to say the least, and Keynesian economics reached mainstream acceptance among economists in the United States.

Keynes knew what his policies would bring to a moral society.

By a continuous process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method, they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some....The process engages all of the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner that not one man in a million can diagnose." - John Maynard Keynes Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920

Ron Paul may be the only member of Congress that is not a follower of Keynesian Economics. This might explain why he seems so different than the typical, led by the nose, self-absorbed, politicians.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aLinkToThePast

I think the latter is true. But they're oiling up a Mannlicher-Carcano just in case.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
How about we be logical. Ron Paul is a very smart man and I voted for him, but in this case I believe he is overstating, or is being overstated...it may be very well that everyone is putting words in his mouth and most people don't actually know what he actually meant...which is probably that the situation in Washington continues to deteriorate, just as it has since FDR, America's central controlled economy hasn't occurred over night, and it won't...it will take years...which I'm very sure is what he meant.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

why 'or'?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maybe he is expecting this little number to take a sharp turn south in the coming weeks. From the charts it does look like the $ is overdue for another little kick in the shin to bring it to it's knees.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
Maybe he is expecting this little number to take a sharp turn south in the coming weeks. From the charts it does look like the $ is overdue for another little kick in the shin to bring it to it's knees.

Overdue? Have you seen the past 6 years?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Indeed. When you take that graph I linked down to the 1 year chart you can see it takes dives and then stays steady for a 45 days or so then takes another huge dive. Just judging the book by it's cover I'd still say it's gonna have a rough month of August.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join