It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "Some Big Events Are About To Occur"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont think it is any real mystery that there will be some sort of global economic crisis. Really, and very simplistically, it is the natural consequence of the globalization of business in general.

I am sure you must have heard about the business cycle which describes a natural (or should I say expected, some schools of thought claim it is caused or exacerbated by monetary and political policy) cycle or pattern of expansion and contraction.

I remember in an early economics class (when the whole globalization movement was the big thing, somewhere in the early 90's) that my economics professor claimed that he felt globalization appeared to be flattening some of these curves on the cycle. He assumed, (and he was quite fond of reminding us that he was a Rhodes scholar) that this meant that globalization could spare us the contractions. It sure looked like that on paper initially.

However my study group (over much beer, a microbrew called Hempenale to be precise) discussed this possibility and we decided that a likely scenario was that a bigger economy, was creating a bigger curve. (Which we promptly named the Hempenale curve) This large curve might LOOK flat when viewed in a small segment, but what it would really predict was a bigger period of expansion, followed by a much more severe contraction. A global one.

Granted, none of us were Rhodes scholars, but it seems our curve predicted the future much better than our instructor's, (and many prominent economists of the time, he wasnt alone) did. If Ron Paul and the Hempenale curve are correct get ready for a long dark night.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I think Ron Paul is an idiot. I think there is a reason he is not going to be president. I think he is a proponent of fear by spreading terrorism and is trying to get people "on his side" by spreading this FEAR. Ron Paul+ THE SKY IS FALLING-EVERYONE RUN-WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!

"Fear-mongering"? Oh please.

Fear mongering is what Donald Rumsfeld, Dickless Cheney, and George W have built their platforms on. The entire US is currently governed by fear.
Instead of offering a positive vision of peace and prosperity, US leaders now are offering dark and dismal options to keep "boogeymen" at bay.

Watch this video to find out exactly how this shift in governing happened:

The power of Nightmares

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not, paraphrasing, "lying because his mouth is moving." He is the most sensible Congressman I have ever heard. As far as spreading doom and gloom, what Paul is saying--in a very subtle manner--is that we (our nation) is in trouble. And if you don't see that, you can shut up (a bit from Falafel Boy).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by solo32_98

Oh......I think we can add Al Gore to the list also.

I think Ron Paul should be taken seriously when he makes predictions. Especially concerning our economy. I mean, he has been right for the last 25 years or so, so there's no reason not to believe him.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ron Paul is just about the only US congressman I think have integrity and intelligence. This guy knows what is going on outside the media propaganda and government circus you got over there.

This is one source I take very seriously.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If these "big events" are coming, perhaps he could tell us what they are. But he won't, for the same reason he won't tell us which Congressmen he supposedly heard wanting to nuke Iran. Because he's a wretched liar and demagogue, knowing his fawning, unthinking followers won't question him. He has his constituency and plays to them, knowing they will not expect accountability from him, just like any other politician.
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Are you kidding ? Ron Paul has been saying these " Big Events" are coming for along time. Why do you thing he ran his platform on abolishing the Federal Reserve and the IRS? One is a banking cartel the other is an organized crime gang.

I think you tights are restricting blood flow!

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

You call that rant proof? That sounds more like someone who hates politicians in general. When he was interviewed about the nuke statements, was he asked who it was that told him these things? I don`t remember anyone asking him that. I added a thread earlier in this topic about people who bury their heads in the sand so they wouldn`t have their reality shaken. Please, go back and read it and think about it for a while.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo32_98
"Fear-mongering"? Oh please.

Fear mongering is what Donald Rumsfeld, Dickless Cheney, and George W have built their platforms on. The entire US is currently governed by fear.
Instead of offering a positive vision of peace and prosperity, US leaders now are offering dark and dismal options to keep "boogeymen" at bay.

Ok......
But, this is still fear-mongering. The Bush admin aren't the only ones versed in the art.

And I completely agree if he is telling the truth he should just tell us what these "big events" are. If these big events do occur then he's an accomplice and no better than the people he rails against because he allowed these events to occur.

The ocean is going to dry up.
Want to know when? Why? Which one? What we can do to try to prevent it? Well too bad. I'm not telling. I'm prepared but I won't tell you how to prepare, so you'll just have to suffer.

(also, if these "big events" are being done by the PTB, why in the world would they tell Ron Paul about these events knowing he'd just blabber)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

Ron Paul is the only politician who has suggested the Federal Reserve be abolished. He started very strong with that message. It's a message the media will suppress. If he he says " big events" he apt to get more coverage. If you understand the Federal reserve system has driven this country into the ground , there is really no big mystery. Unfortunately the vast majority of Americans have no idea how this fraud works. The same can be said for the IRS.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I think Ron Paul is an idiot. I think there is a reason he is not going to be president. I think he is a proponent of fear by spreading terrorism and is trying to get people "on his side" by spreading this FEAR. Ron Paul+ THE SKY IS FALLING-EVERYONE RUN-WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!

What is scary about this statement?

Anyone?.....

Ill tell you......

Its the fact that this member has been starred 3 times!

Now that is scary!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
RON PAUL is a hero!

Anyone that says otherwise is a complete fool, IMO....

He speaks the truth... Nuff said!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well here's a crazy conspiracy idea, let it simmer on the brain for a bit.
I love Ron Paul and would vote for him in a heartbeat, but one thing thatworries me about this statement he made is it almost sounds like he is going to try and MAKE these big events happen. If that's true, then there would most definantly be anyone associated with this site thrown in a REX84.
One thing that could happen though is that Ron Paul IS everything he claims to be and potrays, but the gov would do another false flag, label Ron's group as the culprit and throw us all in REAX84. Either way, we'll probably end up in a bad place and it would'nt even be our fault.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Jimmy would you accept that? Do you think America would accept that?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

The thing is....

Ron is pointing out things that are already happening....

He is just using is insight to tell us that something bad is on its way!

He can't say what, because a collapse of the US dollar would be devastating for the global economy. So in reality anything could happen.

Its just a known fact that whatever it is, its going to be bad!

I think the Titor prediction is about to come true!

Can anyone say civil war!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok, I have read the whole thread. It's actually good to hear Dr. Paul say this because not only is he a person that I trust, but his "announcement" substantiates what I (and many of us here) have also been suspecting.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will just be economical. I suspect another "terrorist attack" is in the works. Perhaps Paul knows something but is bound not to speak directly of it or is afraid to. At least publicly.

I happen to believe that there are SOME members of Congress who are still human beings.
Perhaps they are too afraid to speak out against the machine, but I believe Paul is trying to appeal to them.

Or maybe this is a move toward the leadership I've been hoping he would make.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People who sharply criticize Ron Paul most likely haven't listened to his speeches and interviews extensively (get his DVD from one of the sellers on ebay - along with Bill Cooper's 'Behold a Pale Horse' and 'Secret Government' - they'll give you a good idea of what awaits us).

It's a no-brainer to see where things are going, and yes, atleast some of this is planned (ie. banking and the overwriting of the Glass-Steagall Act, the coming NAU that 'no one' in Congress seems to know about - or admit knowing about, a Congress that generally refuses to address the massive trade & budget deficits and outsourcing/insourcing of jobs like there's no tomorrow, immigration policy, etc., etc., etc.). People don't want to open their minds to his statements because they're deathly afraid - and it's not Paul's fault (you know, the "don't shoot the messenger" concept).

Ron Paul is a rarity in government and actually cares about the U.S. and it's future, unlike the vast majority of the leadership of the country - government, business, and religion included.

BTW, Bill Cooper was talking about a lot of the stuff happening back in the 80's and 90's.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Or maybe this is a move toward the leadership I've been hoping he would make.

I think he's been trying for some time. The more truth you speak the more buried you get in the American media. He's like the third grade kid who has all the answers. After awhile your ignored when your hand goes up.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Do you think "they" need another "terrorist" attack?

I think a civil war inside the us would be pretty terrifying!

I think the collapse the entire financial system would be terrifying!

I think the NWO implementing RFID's would be terrifying!

I think good people being thrown into FEMA camps is terrifying!

Should I continue?

If you dont mind Im going to go scream.............*Yells violently into the sky, You wont take me alive!*

*Tentacles flailing*

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I find him very brave , he pointed out, the gold in fort knox has not been properly inventoried in 15 years +/-. He went on to say there is an lot of gold being held in "trust" on the financial statements of the federal reserve.(Freedom to Facism)
JFK was trying to bring an end to the Fed as well before he was assassinated through executive order 11110. Ron Paul is obviously not afraid to die.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

I didn't know JFK tried to dismantle the fed!

That's remarkable!

I will see him in a different light from now on....

Thanks for the information

This just makes me more concerned for the safety of this great man, Ron Paul.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join