It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IS Your Reason, Yes YOU?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok, please take the time to read this, cause to me your opinion honestly counts here. Just a bit ago on ATS in my swimming around I came across a thread that truly sparked my interest. It was the " The Video that brought the World Together". Its a good video, I know cause I posted it a month ago.

Now duplicate posts are not a bother to me at all, and I am not upset by it, but it has peaked my curiosity. Why does the new one have a ton of postings and mine have a few? They were posted a month apart. What makes a person post on one and not the other?? Is it who the member is? Is it your mood? What truly makes YOUpost on a thread??

I am posting links to both threads for you. The only difference I see is the marketing, you know the title etc...

So as you fly through posts what makes you look at a thread and what makes you post?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It might be timing, or tha fact that you posted on BTS and he/she posted on ATS?? Oh yeah the other title is also more dramatic, gets more peoples attention. And there is a command WATCH haha

Off topic: Anyway your avatar looks familiar? Didn't someone I think maybe dgtempe have a similar avatar, like a girl had been crying? Who is it or where did you find it?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is true _Phoenix_ there is a not so subtle hint to watch this video with the word WATCH in the title. What usually catches my eye when looking at threads is where it is posted, and the title. I have a few favorite forums here on the board that I haunt. Rant is one of them. So I scan through the titles of the threads looking to find something to catch my eye.

I am sorry that I didn't see your video first Zaim. the Health and Wellness forum is one that I don't frequent too often. I am sure if health and wellness issues were more of a priority in my life then I would make sure to have favorites the forum, and probably would have noticed your exhibition of the video.

Also dancing is not a strong suit of mine. (Ask asala she will agree and laugh)

MikeSingh is one that titles his threads amazingly and gets tons of replies even if the subject matter is faulty. Others know the power of a great thread title. I have yet to master this part of the board but it is important. While people will view your thread more will view it if it has a sensationalist title. Like the video in question the title itself is a little misleading yet it grabs your attention, and makes you ask "What could that be?" Making you click on the link. Also it's in one of my favorites forum groups so I notice new threads there more frequently.

This thread has a good title to it. Although I probably would have answered anyway because it's in the rant forum and I usually respond to most rants.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

As Phoenix said, in this particular example one is on BTS and another on ATS. That really does make a difference. So it is the same with the thread titles.

As for duplicate threads or threads on very similar topics, the original poster is taken into account on my end. If one OP is known for their Mad Hatter argumentative aggressive antics, I'll opt for the thread started by the more open minded and gentler thread host. I used to not worry about such things but now avoid threads that I otherwise would have loved to have participated in except for the fact the OP has a reputation for being a scag. They're not worth it.

And of course that has nothing to do with you, Zaimless. You make very enjoyable threads and are always a gracious thread hostess.
Just answering your question in a general sense. But even in the case of non duplicate threads, I now pay very close attention to the OP at all times. If you know that member is known for being hostile or is a migraine waiting to happen, then it's better to just move along.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
the mods should really just combine the two threads since the topic matter is exactly the same video.

new topics

top topics

join