It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU calls for probe of Chertoff over 'terrorist' watch list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

ACLU calls for probe of Chertoff over 'terrorist' watch list

www.aclu.org

he American Civil Liberties Union wants Congress to investigate the Department of Homeland Security's creation of "militarized zones" within the US in its overuse of a terrorist watch list and other programs that endanger privacy and civil liberties.

“The Department of Homeland Security has far too many ill-conceived programs that fail to account for privacy, due process and other principles that assure fairness to the innocent,” Caroline Fredrickson, director of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office said in a news release. “It is time for Congress to recognize the Bush administration’s security apparatus is an emperor without any clothes."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think its getting a little excessive when you have towns being turned into militarized zones. Im glad the ACLU is stepping up and hopefully something will come of this. Imagine being one of the people in these towns.

www.aclu.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Haha, you beat me to the punch--I was just going to post this!

The ACLU has been like the last warrior fighting for the "little people" here in the states over the past couple of years. This "terrorist watch list" is an absolute ABOMINATION. Every member of the senate and administration should be at the TOP of that list, as they are the biggest terrorists of this nation right now.

Starred and flagged-this is a VERY important issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Haha theres been a few articles you have posted minutes before I could get them up! Looks like we are both keeping a close eye on the administration and all the things they are getting away with.

I'm glad the ALCU is not afraid of calling these people out. These are the leaders of the most powerful country on earth. Im sure Chertoff and his cronies know a few people in the CIA (like Jason Bourne in real life), and getting on his bad side wouldn't' be the best idea. So we gotta give the ACLU some props!

new topics

top topics

join