It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychologist to Speak on UFOs, Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's another educated person who's suffered setbacks in his professional life just from studying the UFO/Alien subject.

CODY - While a robotic lander digs in the Martian soil in an effort to detect traces of ancient primitive life, a Wyoming psychologist will speak here Saturday about his belief that intelligent aliens have often visited Earth.

R. Leo Sprinkle, a counselor in private practice in Laramie, has spent 45 years researching sightings of unidentified flying objects and speaking with people who claim to have had encounters with extraterrestrials.

Sprinkle, who has a doctoral degree in psychology, arrived at UW in 1964 and did research into hypnosis and reincarnation as well as UFOs.

He left the university in 1989 after being pressured to do so by administrators, who feared that his work cast the school in a negative light, Sprinkle said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To read the rest of the article:
www.billingsgazette.net...

It's amazing to me that this article can appear on the same day as this article, titled, "Look, up in the sky: N.B. reports record number of UFOs:"

A record 24 sightings of unidentified flying objects were reported in New Brunswick in 2007, according to an annual report released by the Winnipeg-based Ufology Research Institute.

A total of 836 sightings were reported in Canada in 2007 according to the report, which was released Wednesday.

The year saw a shift from British Columbia usually holding the top position for sightings to Canada's east.

New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Quebec had a record number of sightings in 2007 since the reports began to be published in 1989.

One of the most puzzling sightings was in Saint John on Nov. 3, 2007, said research co-ordinator Chris Rutkowski.

www.cbc.ca...

Record number of UFO sightings and tv shows, talk shows, sightings in the UK almost daily...and a lot of people out there like this man, and astronomers trying to get grants to study UFOs, and it's still pushed back to the fringes...if you read the rest of the first article I posted...it goes on to say

More than 40 people are expected to attend a dinner, slide show and discussion Saturday by Sprinkle scheduled at the Thomas the Apostle Center in Cody, said Connie Moody, a director of the retreat owned by the Wyoming Episcopal Diocese.

"We've had a tremendous response to this, so we're really excited," Moody said.

40 is a record turnout
Sad, very sad.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A clinical psychologist studying UFO's is an absolute waste of education. No wonder people think he is a nut.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is some nice news I guess. Add me to that list, I saw a black squid object hover in the sky for a few minutes a year ago. This was outside of philadelphia. Hope to god this helps the community.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a lot of topics or threads lately seems to bring back the drk knight thread and what he said would happen-----increased activity and signs and shapes iin the sky--stephensville----granted while somewhat vague and making phrophecies true by using general ideas or evnts that can be interpreted by anything to come true-----that thread still gets me and crosses my mind----a jumbled mess but you probably get what i'm saying

his thread definitely made an impact on me and was a great read

sorry to derail a little ,,,,had to throw my 2 cents in----- back to the topic

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey LA. I saw this article somewhere earlier today, but lost it, so I'm glad that you posted it. I'm really not surprised about the relationship w/ the Episcopal church. They are more and more open-minded and outside of the religious norm.

IMO, 2007 and 2008 are unprecedented with ufo sightings, msm coverage, military involvement, credible witnesses, mass sightings. Heck, even my own state is hopping with activity. I just wish there would be activity some night when I am actually outside.

40 people aren't very impressive, but maybe they will tell 40 people who will tell 40 people, and so on.

Rush

top topics

join