It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we doubt the Ancients?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The Sphinx does not have water erosion! -Zahi Hawas
But yet the Sphinx does have water erosion.

That one gets me going everytime somebody says that the sphinx and pyarimd were constructed at or around the same time.

AAAARRRGGGHHH!

[edit on 18-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"also a long shot:

con-sumer-ism, is their clues in the words we use? as to were that thing actually originated from or was first used?

for example sum or summerise etc etc.

worth looking at. sum-mer, sum-mar, sumer. that type of thing.

see what you come up with. "

following on from this, agriculture first came about during the time of sumer.

stone carvings depict them being given tools to harvest crops, apparently given to them by the annaunki.

which period of the year are harvests more likely to occur?

are these stone carvings really myth?

or is it just coincidence we name things after this civilisation, (apparnetly) primitive and dumb civilisation?

the structure we have today is no different to then from what i can tell, the only difference is proberbly that they did it living side by side with nature.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
this is an intresting watch.

i'm not posting this to say everything said or suggested must be true,
but merely to see some of the artifacts from ancient civilisations and carvings etc.

part 1
www.youtube.com...

part 2
www.youtube.com...

part 3
www.youtube.com...

im not sure what is in each part and i could only find 3 so im not sure if there are more.

i have only watched the first part so far.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Originally posted by beforetime
1 thing make's me doubt......

they was so dumb they wiped there butt's with leaf's..

they supposedly had all this knowledge...lol and couldn't make indoor pluming or toilet paper.

think about it

I bet they were smart enough to put together a proper sentence.

The IQ of some posters...wow.

How do you expect them to make paper efficiently first of all, yet alone for it to be efficient for someone to knit together miles of toilet paper?

You sound like a grade 2 drop out.

dang dude did you take offense to my post?

or did i somehow hit a raw nerve?

do you use leaf's and took offense ?
if so i am sorry ....i had no idea

either way i didn't verbally attack you or the op.

I simply said they wiped there butt's with leaf's.....to dumb to make paper or ink pen's....they wrote on cave wall's..or temple's and it was so great everyone forgot there language and half of what the crap mien's..

but i promise you this.. i don't care how old the deer drawing or bear on a wall ...it ain't gonna change nor matter one bit ........it was already forgotten.

why because it didn't matter then and wont matter now.

look's it a picture of a dog in this temple.....must be a dog god!!!!
oh wait that was his dog in real life he really liked it so he painted a picture.

THE CULTURE THAT WAS SO GREAT TIME FORGOT!!!!!!

heck of a book title lol

If you can't see my point your to closed for suggestion's.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How do you presume that all ancients used leaves? If you were to use toilet paper today at a camping ground and buried it, do you think it will last thousands of years after the composting action of manure.

On point, the ancients have tried to portray their science through marking which we still can only guess what they are referring to. As our understanding of thier knowledge and language gets better we will start to understand the true depth of the knowledge they possessed. During the ancient times, their were people that had the mental capacity of caveman/nomadic/herd tribes and the truly magnificent capacity of a civilization like the Sumerian's.

Bottom are some resources I have been looking at when I started this thread as this area quite doubled by modern civilization. We continue to dilute our mind with ideas that our current generation is the smartest the most intelligent to ever existed on earth.

The Ancient Astronaut Theory

The Ancients

Some pics for your thoughts:

Egyptian hieroglyphs (focus in on the helicopter like object on top left)
vs.

Hmmmmm....

Well what were the Egyptians doing making hieroglyphs in the shape of helicopters and airplanes?

Photo Source:
From Crystalinks by Ellie Crystal

Edited: To add photo source

[edit on 19-7-2008 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I simply said they wiped there butt's with leaf's.....to dumb to make paper or ink pen's....they wrote on cave wall's..or temple's and it was so great everyone forgot there language and half of what the crap mien's..

but i promise you this.. i don't care how old the deer drawing or bear on a wall ...it ain't gonna change nor matter one bit ........it was already forgotten.

Have you ever thought about maybe the did keep records on paper with ink? Why can't we find this stuff because may the paper and ink used didn't pass the test of time like the rock engraving and rock tablets did.

Expand your mind and think outside the box.

The deer drawings do matter as it was a sign communication and maybe even a lesson plan for others to see how a hunt takes place.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
it is well known egyptians used reeds to make paper, and some form or ink/paint for writing, some of these did survive untill today. but only because they were stored in dry places out of sunlight.

writing in stone dos'nt mean that was your only method. we still write in stone today and it aint our only method.

maybe the ancients knew that writing in stone was the best way to ensure the knowledge lasted as long as possible and would never be lost.

maybe they were aware of cataclisims that occur on the earth every now and then. and were insuring the most important knowledge would never be lost or a good part of it would survive by carving it in stone to.

"Written almost exclusively from right to left in horizontal lines and mainly in ink on papyrus "

www.omniglot.com...

uk.answers.yahoo.com...

hold on a minute if they could make paper for writing............hmmmm
why not for their bums?

papyrus (dried out reed).

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
can somebody please tell me how they where able to get mathematic at a higher degree, like geometry, algebra and calculous almost as ours recent knowledge, was their mathmatics diffrent from us, and can we learn how they actually did it?

I have my theory how it happen, maybe somebody from our future went into the past, and show them until they died, because it was a one trip to the past.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
The Nazis researched ancient ruins especially out of India and Egypt to advance their own knowledge of science.

No, they weren't. They were looking for (and in some instances, creating) evidence that Aryans were a superior race. Their "research" had nothing to do with the advancement of science, but rather their own aggrandizement.

Originally posted by prionace glauca
If depictions of Sumerian drawing show a our planetary system containing certain planets, why do we doubt their existence.

Because the ancient Sumerians did not have a drawing showing the solar system with more than 5 planets. You are refering to cylinder VA243, which is were Sitchin gets his "evidence" that the Sumerians had advanced knowledge of the solar system. Except what Sitchin claims to be the Sun does not match any other Sumerian symbol for the Sun, but instead matches every other symbol for a star (albeit a significant one); the tiny points on the same cylinder are also stars. Additionally, the Sumerians themselves tell us (via the records they left behind) they only knew of five true planets (they counted the Moon and Sun as planets).

If the Sumerians had such advance knowledge, why did they think the Sun and Moon were planets? Why did they supposedly know about Pluto, but not Eris, a larger object? Or the rings of Saturn?

[edit on 19-7-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The Sphinx does not have water erosion! -Zahi Hawas
But yet the Sphinx does have water erosion.

That one gets me going everytime somebody says that the sphinx and pyarimd were constructed at or around the same time.

Or does it? More archeaologists and geologists than not dispute the idea that the Sphynx has water-erosion, not just Zahi Hawass. There are other explanations for the erosion on the Sphynx, not just rain-water. And even among scholars who accept the water-erosion theory, they push the date of the Sphynx back just a few hundred years, not thousands.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

If the Sumerians had such advance knowledge, why did they think the Sun and Moon were planets? Why did they supposedly know about Pluto, but not Eris, a larger object? Or the rings of Saturn?

They had immense knowledge, some of to which we still haven't decoded. The rings of Saturn weren't always visible.

The ancient civilization I believe had tools to view the solar system or were shown such tools and knowledge. Albeit, do not doubt the ancients as they have seen and recorded historical events (Extraterrestrials, Spaceships, etc.) to which we still long for today.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

great reply
thanks

slay

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

"its pretty easy to dismiss there technology.. because ours is so much better.... look at the facts.. they thought the world was flat.. they were still trying to figure out uses for the wheel.. they thought the sun circled the earth... and they worshipped stone statues.. and sacrificed humans for there gods.. there Idea of entertainment,, was to throw a slave in the middle of an arena.."

you do realize the difference between history and ancient history right? i dont consider 1000 years to be ancient. 5,000+ is ancient in my opinion.

If you actually look around and think about the REALLY old stuff, id say humans have been killed off a few times. Hell look at the sphynx, hmmm why doesnt the body match the head (scale)? you think people that made the pyramids would have problems with perception and scale? haha doubt it. Problem is, they date the head saying, oh its so and so...so it must be x years old. the head was recarved.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

i have only watched the first part so far.

Exactly

thanks for your inpute

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 30 Seconds

Read the whole thread dont just post dude
Most posters understand that only the ancient Elite had the knowledge
Read the post man

IMHO

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Exactly slayer, In ancient times I believe that the elites such as the royals and the priests held the knowledge of value. The masses that lived in these advanced civilizations are like the masses that live today with the type of secrecy that the elitist keep.

Any who, the ancients knowledge is still unrivaled today if you look at Mayan calendar, the eclipses of the moon they predicted, the mathematics they knew...there knowledge was very advanced back then and should not be doubted by labeling them as caveman and tribal groupies.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join