It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your walk score?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just saw this on another board. It was interesting. Mine was 30, car dependent,lol Of course I'm rural.

It shows the distance on the side to business in the area.

Was not sure sure where to post it, this seemed the closest.

Though if x happened, those business would not matter anyway

whats your walk score

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, mine is 70. I live less than a mile from almost everything I could need except healthcare.

That's a pretty cool idea. If gas gets much more expensive we can just walk. But then we have bikes too so I guess we can just ride those.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Haha, It even works for UK addresses.

Mine was:- Walk Score: 53 out of 100 — Somewhat Walkable

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I got 55 for this, quite walkable.

To hell with walking though I'll stick to my bike!

Edit:

Second attempt give me 25
I'll definetly be sticking to the bike!

[edit on 17-7-2008 by fred3110]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Which is stoopid because apart from work I walk everywhere.Gym/shops/pub.
It's got the wrong gym tho. lol

Hope sit x doesn't happen on a Wed.coz the town shuts
.went to look at mountain bikes yesterday..blummin closed duhh..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow. I scored a 0. ZERO. on the walk score test. 0. That's pretty bad. Rural? Hells ya!
BTW My dog got bit in the face by a rattlesnake today. 48 miles to the nearest vet.

Please pray for Sushi. She's a very good girl.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sorry for the pup, I hope she's ok!

I scored a 9. Car dependent. The funny thing is, I do walk a lot from town. 3 miles isn't so bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
First, prayers for Sushi. I discovered as a kid that rattlesnakes don't always use their venom. I was struck in the neck and other than soiling my underwear, and a festering double-puncture, I suffered no ill effects. Hopefully this will be the same for Sushi (not the underwear thing, but the no ill effects).

Okay. According to the website, my walk score is ...... 0!!!

I live across from a bar/restaurant/grocery store...... so........ ????

Movie theatres..... none found (that's true, there are none here)
Parks.... none found (WTH??? The beach is across the street???)
Bookstores, none found. (true)
Fitness.....none found (well, there's only 1400 of us here, and I have a homemade heavy bag hanging outside under a tree, and an ab-lounger that our cats use for a hammock)
Drug stores ..... none found. (true)

I hereby declare my walk score to be...... 82, given that the liquor store is a whopping one mile away, and the library is 3. Bank -- six miles.

Good thing we have a tandem trike on its way here. Gas went up today to $5.25/ gallon. EEK

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hope you dog does well. We have them critters here too. I have 4 cats and two dogs and worry about it. I have a vet 10 miles away, but they charge prices of an emergency clinic. They are the only vet in town and know it , and charge accordingly.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I got a score of 5. However I don't need to walk anywhere to begin with as I live in the woods so... How would walking to buisness' that will most likely be closed in an economic crissis be helpful anyway? To be honest, the higher the score the more you have to loose.Walking to a grocery store will be pointless when the trucks stop rolling in.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thank you for the goodwill to Sushi. Her face is 4 times it's normal size- she looks like the John Merrick of the animal world. It would be funny if it weren't so sad!
The funny thing is that I too can walk to a liquor store (5.65 miles) but have to expel a 1/4 tank of gas to the nearest vet and/or hospital (in case that rattler's still around!).
That doesn't bode well!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There are three liquor stores in my walking distance, but no grocer, how sad is that?

I guess they figure we have nothing better to do out here than drink.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I did my score and got 47 out of the 100. its said I was Car-Dependent.
Rubbish.

I 5 min walk gets me to the hospital, to 3 supermarkets, to a main trading area, to the docks and even 7 different Dr's Surgery's and medical centers.

What else do i need.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Mine was 2.....I am somewhat rural.

I tried my Dad's old address, he walked up to town every morning for breakfast, and the grocery was just a couple of blocks farther ......but it just got a 28. They considered a lot of things that aren't all that necessary....Bars, movies, bookstores.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
80 out of 100- very walkable.
Which is exactly the same as my previous town/city....weird?

[edit on 19/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Mine is 14. It says I'm car dependant,

Really it's no big deal, because I ride a crotch rocket.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
55/100 - "Somewhat walkable"

I'm 100 feet from a grocery store and convenience store, probably over a dozen restaurants and other big stores within 500 feet. 10-15 minute walk from everything you need, really.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I do have a dollar general across the street though, forgot about that, that did not show on there,lol If you could live off of dollar general stuff, Id be ok without a car

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
91 out of 100.

Gave up using my car for everything but laundry and shopping when gas hit $4 USD per gallon. Light rail train stop is 3 blocks away, drops me off at the doorstep to my office.

And my employer subsidizes the fare.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I live outside of Boston in the Burbs half the year and the other 6 months I live North of the golden Gate, in Sausalito.

Boston score=3
Sausalito score=60

Which seems quite accurate. They say Boston is the 3rd most walkable city? That is laughable!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join