It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of laundry? You will be after reading this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

www.630ched.com...
GORHAM, Maine (AP) -- Mara Ranger will be a little paranoid doing laundry now. When she was removing clothes from the washing machine at her Maine farmhouse Wednesday, the clothes moved. She told WMTW-TV, "I jumped back" and saw a snake. She quickly shut the lid and called for help.

Maine Animal Damage Control operator Richard Burton reached into the machine and pulled and pulled - all 8 feet of a reticulated python.

Burton guesses the snake got into Ranger's washing machine through water pipes. The snake's future home will be York Animal Kingdom in York.

Ranger is going to start looking into every corner of her washing machine. She says, "I'm going to be looking in the tub first - before and after, maybe even during, the rinse cycle."

Wow!!!!!!

Not sure what I would do if this happened to me!!

Came in through the pipes!!! Too weird!

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the 'submit' News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OMG! OMG! OMG!
I would have heart failure.

Good grief and I have laundry to do!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As long as the thing doesn't curl and rattle, I'm all good!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
so... an 8 foot python crawled down the pipes, through the machines pump and into the tub - which in most washing machines is a drum with a stack of little drain holes?

:w:

[edit on 18/7/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Binky! So that's where you went!

Seriously, though, I'd have kept the snake. I've always had a fondness for pythons.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So do you have to use a special setting on the washer for that?
Hot or cold and how about extra fabric softener.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well I sincerely hope that never happens to me. Those retics get huge, I would end up getting attached, keeping it, and before long it would be 200 lbs, eating rabbits, and needing 2 grown men to lift it when it needs to visit the vet.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Well I sincerely hope that never happens to me. Those retics get huge, I would end up getting attached, keeping it, and before long it would be 200 lbs, eating rabbits, and needing 2 grown men to lift it when it needs to visit the vet.

Or eating full grown men!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Or eating full grown men!!!

Killing would be easy, swallowing would be tricky unless it was a small man. Though I have read that retics really need to be socialized as babies else they can become quite aggressive, someone referred to them as "chainsaws from hell" if they are not taught to be tolerant of humans.

Though rumor has it one did swallow a guy in Malasia...the pictures looked photoshopped to me. The body looks too clean.

www.blackbearheaven.com...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

You are correct. The body DOES look too clean, and why did it take so long after the first pictures of the snake, for the second ones to surface?
Of course, who knows how long the body was supposedly inside there.
But it does look photo shopped. My gosh who has time to think up and fake this stuff?
Doesn't change the fact I wouldn't want to stumble across one.

The thing that bothers me about this story, is
A).. Was that snake someone's pet that got away?
B)... how big are her water pipes that a 5 foot snake could get in? No way one could fit in mine..trust me..I looked..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDeniedB)... how big are her water pipes that a 5 foot snake could get in? No way one could fit in mine..trust me..I looked..

Well the article said it was an 8 foot snake. After looking it up (yeah I have to much time on my hands) a typical 9 foot retic should weigh about 9 to 12 lbs on average. They are thin snakes. But it does seem that a water pipe would be rather narrow.

Here is a very cool birthing video:

top topics

join