It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linked people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone else has had or heard of similar experiences.

I have a friend. we're very close, to say the least, speak every night, tell each other everything, etc. we seem to be.. linked, somehow.

sometimes when she gets hurt, I'll feel pain before i know it, and vice versa. When she gets a headache, i often get one too... when she feels sick, i feel nauseous, albeit to a lesser degree. when I get a lot of sleep and she's having issues with insomnia, I still feel tired... that kind of thing...

Sometimes it seems like we're in step, where we both experience the same thing the other is feeling, other times it feels like we're balancing each other out-- one of us will be down, the other one will be up, so to speak.

has anyone had or heard of something like this before? my friend and i aren't related, and we're not in any kind of romantic relationship, nor have we ever made any forays into the occult together. I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had or heard of similar experiences.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
...happens quite regularly, so I wouldn't say it was that uncommon. I know I've certainly experienced it numerous times.

Some call it 'instinct'...for instance, I wonder how many times someone (say, a mother) just knew their child was hurt and/or in need...

We can palm it all off as coincidence or luck and percentages...I kinda think theres a bit more to it than that - particularly when you meet that person again and you know what, where and when they were experiencing down to some pretty specific detail...on those occasions, well, Occum's Razor starts looking a tad blunt...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think this is where the term soul mate comes from,

Some believe that that we find this "soul mate" and that this is someone who we have met in a past life, then we re meet in this life, So we feel a connection to this person more so than others we meet,
Its that "I feel i have known you longer" kind of feeling,

Its truley a gift to find that person i believe,

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What the hey, I'll throw in a few examples of what I mean:

Many years ago, when I was 18 years old (many many years ago:lol
I had moved away from home to a city to study at a University there. My brother and sister were also studying at the same University.
I went through a bit of a bad patch and basically got into a bit of strife (won't get into specifics, but basically I did something - well, thought I did - and paniced) so I just up and ran. Ran away. Who knows where the heck I was running to, didn't think too much about it, just grabbed some stuff, left the place I was staying and bolted outa there.

I took off towards the mainroad, hitched a lift to goodness knows where as I had never been in that area before. The lift dropped me off in a township an hour or so away and I continued on walking down some ass-end of nowhere road for about another hour. It was well after midnight by then and I was exhausted, needed to sleep, so dossed down under a bridge out of sight.

Well - about 3am I was awoken by the sound of a motorbike riding down this little sidetrack leading to the bridge I was under. It was my brother. He had never been down this road before either. He bundled me on the back of his bike and took me back to his place to crash out for a while.

I asked him how he knew where I was - he said he just *felt* it. Couldn't explain it, he just KNEW/felt. Just hopped on his bike, tried to think of where I might have taken off to, what places I may have been to, but all the while he just kept riding towards me with this *feeling* of where I was. The more he rode the stronger his *knowing* became of where I was.

...another:

Won't give you a big long story about what I do for a job, my background and family history etc - but basically long story short I come from a family - and a culture - that some may call freaks. Things that go bump in the night, all that kinda palava is quite common and nothing freaky at all to us.

I work alongside what my people call a Tohunga (google it)...which for want of a better word is someone who deals with 'Alternative Healing', spiritual intervention etc etc...yeah...that kinda stuff. So its again rather common for people like that to experience the experiences of others. In some ways what that 'carrying' of someone elses pain etc does is help pinpoint what issue the person is suffering and so what issue the Healer needs to address. They are 'shown' those things, that pain etc for a reason - the reason is to help remove/heal it.

Okay - so...I started working at this place (that I currently am now) and its where I first met my wife. Yay!

When I first met her I got this intense pain in my groin area...and NO it wasn't anything dodgy! No she didn't kick me anywhere or anything

When I was around her this pain was just brutal, it was stabbing and crushing all at the same time.
So I asked her "What the heck is going on with your groin area, up a bit nearer the waist...what the heck is all that pain about coz its killing me"
She kinda didn't share too much (understandably, some guy you've only known for a week starts asking you about your groin area - yeah, I'd be a bit cautious too!)...but asked me to describe it more, where and how etc. So I did. Then she told me that area - on her/women - is where her ovaries are, and she has PCOS...Polycystic Ovaries, which causes her a great deal of pain there.

...these things happen, and I think quite often, to many people...but I also think some people just explain it away or brush it off...which is a bit of a shame...

Plenty more I can add, but don't wanna dominate any thread here.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can relate to this 100%. There is someone in my life that we have such a connection with each other, that we can only call it "supernatural". It is so unlike any other connection/relationship (for both us).

And, we are both older....we have both had numerous relationships....known tons of people....yet we both have something between us that we have NEVER had with anyone else.

When Alien mentions:

he said he just *felt* it. Couldn't explain it, he just KNEW/felt.

again, we can both relate to that. Often we “just feel” things about the other and later when we talk…find out our feelings were right on. And we are thousands of miles apart, different time zones, and different countries…even different cultures and language. Us meeting is what most would call “fate”. There is no other explanation for it. It would be like playing the lottery and winning.

I even believe that I had premonitions of meeting this person many many many years before actually meeting him. I cant explain it well, but I just knew some day I would meet him. I knew very very specific details about him, yet I had no idea who he was.

I knew things about this person, like an inner voice told me, before this person actually told me. Actual events that happened in his life….I just knew about them. When he started telling some things, it was almost like a déjà vu experience. Crazy, crazy things like this happen ALL the time with us.

It is as if we have known each other since the beginning of time, but haven’t actually known each other that long.

We are completely in tune with each other as if we share the same brain at times. I could list numerous times we have literally been of one mind.

And as Asla said…I believe the term “soul mate” is correct. Because (I repeat) this relationship is like no other for both of us. The connection between us is almost impossible to put into words and when I try, it just doesn’t come out right. It is absolutely a supernatural experience.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Interesting responses. I might add, this friend of mine and i currently live almost at opposite ends of the country (i'm in southern alberta, she's in eastern ontario-- if that means anything to y'all) and we still have an equally strong link.

we don't often 'know' things about eachother, per se, but we do tend to experience things in tandem.

I've heard about the connection that twins and siblings often have, and it doesn't seem quite the same. it's difficult to describe. either way, please continue with sharing your experiences. i'm quite curious to hear other people's stories on this, and maybe get a few opinions/theories along the way.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
very interesting subject .... i recently met someone about 6 months ago that we appear to be linked ... have had simuliar experiences as discribed above ...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by axeman]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, as someone who believes in reincarnation, my explanation to you is relatively simple. Everyone that you have ever met in your life has been associated with you in previous lives. albeit, some more than others.

I too know a female who I am really, really close to, and I know that her and I, at least spiritually, have known one another for a very, very long time.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you're somewhat of an empath.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Its a psychic bond. Me and my friend have one. It means you were together in a past life. Still not too sure about the rest. You might notice some psychic powers too.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by axeman
very interesting subject .... i recently met someone about 6 months ago that we appear to be linked ... have had simuliar experiences as discribed above ...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by axeman]

me tooo!
it is the easiest and most important friendship i have ever had w/ anyone and i do wonder what makes it that way.

not sure what that link is btw ppl that experience this though or why it is there. i just know my life would be lacking now w/out it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
you too huh ...i noticed we share the same birthdays .... funny ...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
Its a psychic bond. Me and my friend have one. It means you were together in a past life. Still not too sure about the rest. You might notice some psychic powers too.

You sound awfully authoritative there. is that just a theory or do you have some reasoning to back it up?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i have reasoning! From a professional person.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't know if this is somewhat along the same lines, but here's my experiences. Both of these JUST happened within the last few months. I'll say that I have never ever had any sort of psychic experience...never known anyone that has...and it's not something that anyone in my family has ever experienced that I know of (oh and I'm not crazy...I think LOL).

We had new neighbours move in next door a few months back. When they'd finally got settled, I got to chatting with them and told them mine and my husband's names. The husband then said "my name is Bob and this is my wife Sally" (not their real names). Before he even said their names, I knew what they were. It was THE creepiest thing I've ever experienced. It was almost like a little voice in my head said "bob and sally" just before he opened his mouth to speak. I even had this dumbfounded look on my face when he was done his introductions. Made for an awkward moment until I recovered and went on with the conversation.

Not too much out of the ordinary has happened in our relationship so far, until last week. (and this could be nothing). I had been telling my husband that come Sept. when our kids were back at school that I NEEDED to find a new job. I am burning out at my current one and need to move on soon. Out of the blue one night, the wife came out onto the porch and we made some small talk and then she said "I have a job opening where I am...it's starts Sept 3". After getting the details this job was far better than the one I'm in, and paid in the area that I needed to bring home the same pay I was getting now. It's also a supervisory position, and something I would have had to take some schooling for, but she would be able to finagle my way in. I thought maybe this is the "link" or whatever you want to call it. She was going to save me from my crappy job!! Unfortunately I had to turn it down as it wasn't full time and in the end I'd be loosing money
I told her to keep me in mind a few months down the road. But, I can't help but think, darn did I turn down something that may have been life changing...

The second time was exactly the same scenario. We had met a new couple at our campground and just before they introduced themselves to me, I already knew both of their names. And trust me...their names are not common LOL. So far nothing out of the ordinary in that friendship, but I'm waiting!

Perhaps I've known these people "in a past life" (not even sure I believe in that or not)...or I'm just a weirdo thats suddenly developed and odd psychic talent of knowing people's names. Now if I could just get it to work for the lottery...

Michelle

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real

I don't agree with being together in a past life, although my case(s) might be different. With all the girlfriends I have had and pretty much anyone I've spent lots of time with we came to a stage where the one "forethought" the other, i.e. I think of something then she says something that makes me realise she was thinking the same thing.

Like what happened this morning. We were getting ready for work. I was upstairs nibbling on a piece of chocolate and I thought that I would take the remainder of the chocolate with me to work (yes, I'm a raving chocoholic). My girlfriend pipes up from the kitchen, "why don't you take what's left over of the chocolate with you to work" at pretty much the same time I got that thought. I said, "Hey! Stop reading my mind!" in jest of course and she just laughed, because this happens a LOT. It's not just a case of her knowing me well, it goes beyond that. Sometimes I'm thinking of something and I get an email from her about what I've just thought of.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I've always "known" when my grandmother was going to call me, whenever something bad happened to my friends I felt it as it was happening to me.

I really wish I couldn't bond like this with everyone though, I fell head over heals with this guy and we were or are great.
Only I know it's not going to last, I cant explain it but I just know the best thing that has ever happen to me, somehow got screwed up and now it's not mine to have anymore.
Anyways back on topic, I'm not sure I would say it was something unusual, I feel like it's just something natural to me. I think some are simply more in tune with themselves and their surroundings.

new topics

top topics

join