It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report-The secret underground city.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I never seen this before and is in current news over in the UK.Kinda neat and looks better then some of the ones i seen made over here in the states.

www.maltastar.com...

Built in the early 1960s, the site was blast proof and completely self-sufficient. Tthe secret underground city could accommodate up to 6,000 people, in complete isolation from the outside world, with enough resources to last for up to three months.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow nice find... truly fascinating.

A place of this magnitude kept secret for roughly 50 years really makes you think; what else is out there? It would be naive to think that the UK is the only country that would have created something like this

[edit on 17/7/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow thats pretty interesting, I had heard something about it a little while ago but had never seen any pics,

Seems they where selling it in 2005 www.timesonline.co.uk...

Great find!

Makes you wonder if theres a new one somewhere in the UK? im sure they would be in the day and age we live in now,

[edit on 17-7-2008 by asala]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this article! Fascinating stuff - incredible that this could be kept secret for so long...

I also found this BBC site where you can take a virtual 360 degree tour of the secret underground city:

www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join