It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Note to Self: Dont eat at Wendy's in N.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Photos Show Fast-Food Restaurant Workers Bathing In Kitchen Sink, Pictures Turn Up At Pharmacy

ADVANCE, N.C. -- State law requires restaurant workers to keep their hands clean. Two employees of a Wendy's in Davie County took it a little further.

Health officials said the two workers were photographed bathing in a dishwashing sink at the fast-food restaurant in Advance. The sink has cleaning jets and is normally used to wash pots, pans and other cookware.

Davie County Health Department Director Barry Bass said photographs of two men in swimsuits taking turns bathing in the large, bubble-filled sink prompted an investigation. Bass said while he's never seen anything like it, the act didn't pose a health hazard.

Health officials said the restaurant manager assured them that the sink had been sanitized.

The pictures turned up at a CVS pharmacy. A photo technician alerted authorities.

So far, no comment from Wendy's.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
haha, that's hilarious. were they high or something? and why the hell would they be taking pictures?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing....I mean bathing in the sink is bad enough, but: 1) why would you want to let somebody take pictures of you, and 2) why would you do it in the back of a restaurant?
Me beating sense into their heads --->

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Does not suprise me in the least. I have worked restaurant jobs most of my life. From Busboy, to Restaurant Manager, I have seen some nasty stuff.
I can tell ya this, Beware of the buffet. Folks love to let their children pick their own food. You know how much children change their minds.

Its always fun to watch the dishwashers eat half eaten burgers out of the trash (even tho they get a free meal) and drink the half empty beers that come their way. All I can say is atleast these two bathed. Alot that I see rairly ever do.

It's also hard to call out if you are sick working at a restaurant. If I had a buck for everytime I seen a sick server or cook touching food, I'd be rich.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Beware of the buffet. Folks love to let their children pick their own food. You know how much children change their minds.

Fortunately KayEm also has done her stint in the restaurant trade and warned me of the somewhat unsavoury things that go on. Actually, I had a buffet today - but I made sure I was the first one there !

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
ive seen things at a kfc that would put you of for life eating there

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is why i really dont like eating at resteraunts. Ive heard some other gross stuff about wendy's, too. Bathing in a dishwashing sink? Well, at least they were wearing swimsuits.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's best just to not eat in NC (period).

We have some sick mofos.

Avoid Bojangles like the plague. :shk:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Bathing in a dishwashing sink? Well, at least they were wearing swimsuits.

Its not as bad as when I was in a restaurant in Romania and saw some neanderthals peeing in the washroom sink.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well at least they tried to keep themselves clean lol...better than some filthy guys making your triple classic burger.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this was just limited to NC...

Wendy's overall is just nasty. The one time I went the dining room was filled with flies and the garbage cans were stacked sometimes two deep with bags.. NASTY! :shk:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Im sure stuff like this happend ALL THE TIME at any restraunt fancy or cheap, big & small, local/chain. People are gross in general (especially if no one is watching) Just be glad you dont know what people have done to your food in the past! Im sure everyone has a horror story from someplace.. I love the McNugget with a chicken head in it...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
hahahahahaha

that's funny. what the hell, though. bathing is one thing, in a sink is another, and taking pictures of it all??
bahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
DAMN now i really hate wendys... The last time i went to a wendys me and my friends were robbed. I wasnt tho i told the guy i didnt have a wallet and to go # himself.
( i had 175 bucks on my money clip and there was no way in hell i was giving it to him)

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a make shift hot tub?

get in baby the water is fine *I'm so going to score now*

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I worked at little cesar's and some dick thought he would hock a noogie in the sauce bin....
Also some things that happened was pizza doe being stomped on on the floor then making a pizza out of it, letting dough fall on the floor and making bread sticks out of it, not washing your hands then making salads...

burger king they hock noogies on burgers cops order.... at least thats what the manager told us .. why she would tell us that i dont know...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

burger king they hock noogies on burgers cops order.... at least thats what the manager told us .. why she would tell us that i dont know...

I bet the next time the place gets robbed and they have a gun pointed at their head they will hope like hell that Karma is not real.

It's just wrong to mess with peoples food. What goes around comes around.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yup thats pretty sick, I won't eat there after I heard that, but my husband is stupid enough to go back there.

The manager did fire the guy, but I don't think it stops there.. She said the day shift people were pretty bad, but "her crew" were good...
Brian goes there during the day even after all that...

He's not gettin any kisses from me for a long time..

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
AHHHH!!! Thats 20 miles from where I live!

In this area we speak very badly of "Davie-county-ites"

The biggest town in the county, (about 40,000 people) got the award last year for being the "Reddest, redneck town of the South"

Um, scary. At least where I live in the neighboring county we only use illegal immigrants to farm :-)

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I live about 10 miles from Advance, NC and this surprises me not at all. The only bright spot in this is that some of the superficial rich golf wastoids who live in Advance are getting some of the same treatment that normal people get all over. Heh. I'm glad I stopped eating fast food.

new topics

top topics

join