It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't I see any relevant information in newspapers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
IMO you can't find any real news in newspapers like the Washington Post or the New York Times. To find out news stories that are actually relevant you have to go online or you would have to watch television or listen to the radio for news. It seems like they have so many different stories where they want you to learn something from, but, like, I don't really care about someone's court case that I will know nothing about, and I could care less about some development going on somewhere else in the city that doesn't affect me. Do they intentionally put irrelevant news in newspapers to blind you from what's really going on? I get more news from listening to talk radio and from watching c-span than I do from reading the washington post (which I think is a bunch of bull). What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Of course they are printing things that stimulate, consumerism and fear. The way that newspapers make money is to have a high number of subscribers to be able to charge more for advertising. The owners always have an interest in local and politics due to the influence of their larger corporate advertising customers. The press in this country has been doing its thing for right wing causes since as long as I remember and true circulation figures have been on the decline for 25 years or more. News today for the most part is manufactured to be entertaining,and the newspapers are having a hard time holding their own against the other media formats. Will Rogers said "I only know what I read in the news papers." I have wondered what we would hear him talk about if he was around today.

new topics

join