It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls For National Civilian Stasi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Some very disturbing news about a plan Barack Obama has apparently come up with to cure our national security concerns. A civilian force, just as large, well trained, and well funded as our current military is what Obama refers to as “civilian national security force.”

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded,” Obama told a Colorado Springs audience earlier this month.

To me, and many others no doubt, this is a scary statement. We already have our civil servants(police, firemen, rescue) acting as liaison officers for Homeland Security, and truckers watching the highways for 'suspicious' activity. How can we even hope to fund such an endeavor with the economy as strained as it is already? And if you couple that with this article, you have pieces falling into place that disturb me very much.

Source Article

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the full context of his speech? I'm curious if, when put in context, it meant something different. Has there been any media follow ups, asking him what he meant? If so, can you post here? I think it is important to see the whole picture.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok I'm very stupid in politics and all this. Why would it bad, maybe it would give jobless people jobs. I understand that we have police, firefighters and more. But wouldnt this be ok. never mind I see why its a bad idea. We even have the National Guard so we dont need this. And we arent attacked a lot like Israel. Answered my own question. I see why it could be bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ludaChris

I just saw your topic in this World Net Daily Article and decided to look here to see if it had been brought up already.
It already contains links to the YouTube video so I won't post that here.
The man is either NWO or just insane.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I read about this on another forum. This was a pic they had posted:

I thought it was pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It sounds reminescent of Hitler's Brownshirts to me.. Why do we need a Civilian National Security Force? Doesn't the National Guard perform this function? Will he disband them in favor of his own private army? Where does he intend on getting the money to fund such an operation?

Hitler and all his plans for national unification and prosperity sounded good too, until people saw what his true intentions were.. Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it..

The Sturmabteilung, abbreviated SA, (German for "Assault detachment" or "Assault section", usually translated as "stormtroop(er)s"), functioned as a paramilitary organization of the NSDAP — the German Nazi party. It played a key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1930s.

SA men were often called "brownshirts", for the colour of their uniforms, and to distinguish them from the Schutzstaffel (SS), who wore black and brown uniforms (compare the Italian blackshirts). Brown-coloured shirts were chosen as the SA uniform because a large batch of them was cheaply available after World War I, having originally been ordered for German troops serving in Africa.

The SA was also the first Nazi paramilitary group to develop pseudo-military titles for bestowal upon its members. The SA ranks would be adopted by several other Nazi Party groups, chief among them the SS. They were very important to Hitler's rise to power until they were superseded by the SS after the Night of the Long Knives.

Source

[edit on 17-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Can you say "V" for Vendetta

It sounds like he wants to use us for his new America where everyone has an opportunity to help one another in some kind of military fascist way, In one sense it would be good for people to actually start doing something but what does he mean by "the American People are not the problem but the answer"?
Our diplomacy has been ruined for years and years, for every war that happens America creates it the rest of the world knows this, Obama and his "We" this "were" that whos "WE"?

I think this guy just talks the talk he could never walk the walk.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Oh man, it keeps getting better and better. He also plans to begin what appears to be a massive cyber-security initiative. We already know that the Pentagon views the internet as a threat. One day, it will be scrapped and a new network will be put in place. One that is probably easier to monitor. Probably implemented under the guise of protecting copyright's or national security or some such crap.

Cyber Security

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Corporate hell on earth.

We're no people or individuals, we're products that are labeled.

I've always been critical of the way "society" works as it always seemed a bit too pointless to me, with all this mindless hoarding of assets and mass stupdity, this NWO thing just shed light on the whole damned scheme. I don't think the mass of people are intelligent enough to perceive that they're really just fish in a tank... because of this myopia of the masses, any form of resistance will not prevail.

I don't think there is a way to "resist" something such as this because they'll just control America just as they've always done, cloaking oppression with the labels "freedom & liberty", giving them "choice" that's actually a limited selection of "choices" that are approved...giving the masses an illusion of control, that's basically what democracy has become. I hate to be such a downer, but I just don't see the stupid masses ever rising up to put a stop to this corporate exploitation; they are dependent upon it, it gives them purpose, it gives them meaning. Looks like there won't be a happy ending here.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
He's trying to militarize people and keep them under control. Its like that Hitler style youth group the Rockefeller foundation started. A complete police state with everyone controlled and conforming to the hive mentality.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

top topics

join