It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been lucky for a couple years now....but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
seems the Atlantic is pretty active this season.
Sure, we've only had two named storms so far, but there's already three other major areas of circulation just in the Carribean, Florida area...when looking at today's sat loops...

My area (Tampa Bay) always seems to escape these effects, so far, even when we had that nasty season a few years back, but this may yet be another active year.

I hope not, as most major insurers already pulled out of the state, and those that didn't, want to hike their rates almost 50%!!! As it is, almost everyone is insured under Citizens, i.e. the state-run one...which is now the largest insurer in the state!

At least Bertha is pretty much out of everyone's hair...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I actually used to work as an state insurance fraud investigator. Nothing used to tick me off more than a homeowner's one and only claim being denied after a hurricane. It's unbelievable. These companies count on uninformed policy holders who can't afford to pursue it.

Insurance is a complete racket, it's basically a gamble. You pay premiums to hedge on the outside bet that something might happen. You could pay thousands of dollars and nothing might happen. Or it does and they deny you anyway on obscure policy clauses.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have a question, If a homeowner in Florida is in way over their heads(up side down) in mortgages or is about to foreclose, wouldn't a hurricane save them if it were to destroy the home? or would it make matters worse?

new topics

join