It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Over Illinois & why 'Stealth Blimps' are unlikely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Firstly, a stealth blimp would be completely & utterly useless..under what circumstance can you imagine it would be effective? A huge inflatable balloon painted black, moving SLOWLY with lights on it..that sure is an easy target wouldnt you say? Anyone with a machine gun or rocket launcher could down it. Easily tracked with a simple spot light. To those who say the UFO in illinois was a stealth blimp *(already denied by Scott Airforce base) I say your in serious denial.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Because stealth blimps are obviously just giant balloons painted black with blinking lights on them. No advanced technology taken from the stealth bomber or the ability to fly high above any commercial airplane. Just big sacs of hot air the military wastes billions of dollars on.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Indeed, I guess it gives the skeptics something to jump onto when their brains frazzle with overload (no need to think about practicality just pin this excuse to it!)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I personally witnessed a "stealth blimp" on 13 january 1998 slowly flying over Westchester Illinios [near Chicago] at 6:10am. It was approximately 100-125' feet long, and had a most unusual light on its nose with four multi-colored, rotating police-like lights on a wheel. [How would they dock that thing with that big light on the nose??]

It slowly flew by us at about 100' feet in altitude, and about perhaps 30 MPH. I remember thinking i could hit it with a baseball it was so close!

The exterior was a dull, metallic-grey color with longitudinal lines running down the sides. Similar to The Hindenberg. Several small ports for windows, but unlit on the inside.

There was a swirling smoky plume ejecting out of the rear of it that was probably twice the length of the object. The ejecta color was smoky-grey and yellowish. We couldn't smell anything unusual. There were two other witnesses that saw this object.

Being the town is located near O'Hare int'l airport, there were other planes higher in altitude that could be seen and heard as well.

It eventually flew southeast towards Lake Michigan and disappeared.

I have an airframe & powerplant certification for large jet transport and general avaiation, ground school certified, and am also a WW2 and fighter plane buff, and general aviation enthusiast.

What we saw was unexplainable.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

The last time blimps were used was WWII. Even if it was a secret military aircraft, why would they fly it over a populated area so people can see it?

top topics

join