It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather since July 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Every since Canada Day on July 1st, there has been constant thunderstorms everyday. That might be normal in some places but not here. I live in Prince George in the northern interior of British Columbia, Canada. Julys usually consist of lots of sun and a few rain showers here and there. On July 1st, we had an amazing storm with forked lightning striking every 5 seconds or so. Ever since then we've had constant thunderstorms almost everyday with the exception of 1 or 2 days. We are also getting lots of dry thunderstorms now. We used to get those every now but now it just thunders outside most of the day even when its bright out, and then rain will shower down for a bit every now and then.

All the storms have had forked lightning also, which is rare around here. I was born and raised here and I'm 20 now, and everytime there was a thunderstorm here it was sheet lightning, not forked.

Just a week ago ago another fantastic storm was brewing. Me and my parents were outside waiting for the lightning to kick in when I looked up and seen the clouds swirling en masse. It was a sight I'd never seen before.

This thread might sound lame to people that get these types of storms all the time, but this is highly unusual for this area. As I type this I can hear thunder boom outside. Has anyone else been experiencing unusual weather for their region recently?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ben420]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
not in oregon, its pretty like it is every year at thise time. curious how the rest of the states are. just the same as normal?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Mother earth indeed seems to be unhappy lately. We had thunderstorms here in Cleveland last week that made the ground tremble from miles away. Three people were hit with lightning. Two survived.
I am an intellicast weather junky. I have watched the ebb and flow of the strongest of weather emanating from western Cali around Baha and Miss/Alabama areas making bee lines NE.
Especially the northern areas of Canada where one would expect it to cool these storms and moderate them some.
But I'm no weatherman, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
it's usually raining here in bremerton WA around this time and i'm fairly close to BC, but the sun has been shining for weeks, i kinda like it. me and my friends would joke back when it was raining everyday, "hey man, what ever happened to global warming, it's freezing". my front yard is actually drying up and the grass is dying, i don't think we're in a draught over here but hey, you never know.
the weather is definatly getting wierd lately.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well here in drought ridden South Australia, it's rained almost every day for the past few weeks. It's also been windy every day to. I've wanted to take my boat out and go diving, but I've never had the chance.

Although this might seem normal for winter, something just doesn't feel right about it...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The weather is getting a bit crazy, for the past few weeks i been telling ppl around me that same thing.

We had like 2 weeks straight of Raining nights then the day is sunny, night again and more rain? Wierd. Im in my 30's and I dont ever recall such freaky events.

Night is amongst us and the weather report predicts rain, Hmmmm..

this isnt Florida nor a tropical destination but the weather saids diffrent. Im aware of my surroundings and todays newspaper said to watch out for alligators, Im in Illinois. Does that make sense?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
here in the uk it has been more like autumn weather,
we have been having loads of rain and high winds, even when it isnt raining, we have huge tall convection clouds,
i have noticed this has been increasing over the last 3 years,

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
3 years? Shame on you Snoopy! Have you already forgotten the July heatwave of 2 years ago?

Been a nice summer here IMO - no heatwave, no floods. Just normal English summer weather!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Been a nice summer here IMO - no heatwave, no floods. Just normal English summer weather!

I beg to differ, up here in W. Yorks we have had maybe 4-5 days of sun in the past month if not longer. Today has been overcast but fairly warm, getting warmer as the day went on, but still not the weather we should be having! We had two glorious weeks towards the end of May, think that was our summer.

top topics

join