It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 NFL Season Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I don't think Owens is good at all. I think he's an above average WR at best. His mouth is why we hear about him so much.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
NYG clinched home field throughout the playoffs behind 301 running yards. Derrick Ward ran for 215 of those yards. Brandon Jacobs scored the winning TD in OT.

As long as NY sticks to their running game, they will be hard to beat.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
2008 NFL Season Thread

Who would have ever thought that the team that are ahead today would be were they are at now. Unless it is your time I highly doubt you thought this.
NFC EAST: Ny Giants over Dallas at the start of the season you would have never said this. NY shocked the world last year in the Super Bowl. Which you have to give them point for betting New England.

NFC NORTH: Minnesota over Chicago this one you might have seen coming due to Minnesota run game but you cant run the ball every down. The Bears D-Fence is not what it use to be. So i say to this with out a D-Fence the Bear will not go anywhere.

NFC SOUTH: This is the most messed up one in the NFC the Saints in last place. If Brees does not throw for over 300 yrd.. the Saints will lose. they need help with the run game.

NFC WEST: Arizona is ahead???? Their last few game have not went their way. How far will they make it in the playoffs? Where did Seattle go this year.

I put all of this out here to let everyone know that only 12 teams are going to the playoffs 6 NFC & 6 AFC team know one know what will happen. Team injuries have a huge impact on how far your team is able to get in the playoffs. so just because your team does not win does not mean the suck. This is not basketball best out of 7 it is a win or go home sport. Any giving Sunday any team can win. So watch out for upsets in the playoffs. Think you for your time. And i will give my opinion on the AFC next time.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Next weekend will culminate in the biggest collapse in NFL history with three games to go as Denver will lose to SD - how bout those bolts? Back in it? This has been a difficult season to watch.

ColoradoJens

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Absolutely embarrassing.

Like the rest of the NFC North, the Bears are garbage. It's a shame someone has to win that division.

The Packers are absolutely awful too. All around, they're bad, except at wide receiver and defensive back. Ryan Grant is a waste, Aaron Rodgers chokes, the offensive line may as well not even be out there.

This team can't even do a simple thing like winning that game. The Bears did everything they could to lose, and being the garbage they are, that should spell a win for the other team. Apparently I overestimated the Packers.

5-10. To think they started 2-0. LOL! 3-10 after that point. It's too bad we can't change that 2-0 to 0-2, because when we hand Detroit their first win next week, they could have finished 3-13.

Hmmm...3...13...those numbers look familiar...

Oh yeah, I remember...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
2008-2009 NFL Playoffs

Playoff Seeding - Week 17

[color=#D61920]AFC

1. [color=#4991CA]Tennessee Titans: 13-2 (yz*)
2. [color=#FEC30E]Pittsburgh Steelers: 11-4 (yz)
3. [color=#016C6F]Miami Dolphins: 10-5
4. [color=#F16523]Denver Broncos: 8-7
5. [color=#163F83]Indianapolis Colts: 11-4 (x)
6. [color=#312E8A]Baltimore Ravens: 10-5
-------------------------------------------
7. [color=#0D254B]New England Patriots: 10-5
8. [color=#2A433A]New York Jets: 9-6
9. [color=#FEC30E]San Diego Chargers: 7-8
10. [color=#005596]Buffalo Bills: 7-8 (e)
11. [color=#C9243F]Houston Texans: 7-8 (e)
12. [color=#8A6F26]Jacksonville Jaguars: 5-10 (e)
13. [color=#BCC4C9]Oakland Raiders: 4-11 (e)
14. [color=#F16523]Cleveland Browns: 4-11 (e)
15. [color=#F04E23]Cincinnati Bengals: 3-11-1 (e)
16. [color=#C9243F]Kansas City Chiefs: 2-13 (e)

x-clinch playoff berth
y-clinch division title
z-clinch first round bye
*-clinch homefield advantage
e-eliminated from playoff contention

[color=#035B93]NFC

1. [color=#003C7E]New York Giants: 12-3 (yz*)
2. [color=#0293D1]Carolina Panthers: 11-4 (x)
3. [color=#312E8A]Minnesota Vikings: 9-6
4. [color=#B00739]Arizona Cardinals: 8-7 (y)
5. [color=#6E0B1D]Atlanta Falcons: 10-5 (x)
6. [color=#B60617]Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 9-6
-------------------------------------------
7. [color=#013262]Dallas Cowboys: 9-6
8. [color=#DF6108]Chicago Bears: 9-6
9. [color=#276250]Philadelphia Eagles: 8-6-1
10. [color=#681B11]Washington Redskins: 8-7 (e)
11. [color=#D3AF7E]New Orleans Saints: 8-7 (e)
12. [color=#B00739]San Francisco 49ers: 6-9 (e)
13. [color=#D0AC47]Green Bay Packers: 5-10 (e)
14. [color=#2E5880]Seattle Seahawks: 4-11 (e)
15. [color=#9C8358]St. Louis Rams: 2-13 (e)
16. [color=#016DAF]Detroit Lions: 0-15 (e)

x-clinch playoff berth
y-clinch division title
z-clinch first round bye
*-clinch homefield advantage
e-eliminated from playoff contention

Playoff Scenarios - Week 17

The Playoff Scenarios for Week 17 aren't up yet. I don't want to attempt to work it out.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dallas...seriously...

This is the biggest choke job yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The Patriots are out of the playoffs, thanks to the choking of Brett Favre (3 int's). How many times have we seen him blow the game by throwing the ball to the defense? Too many, imo.

Of course, the best thing would have been that the Pat's didn't need a Jets win to get in, but they had a good season (11-5) even with the loss of Brady.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The Patriots are out of the playoffs, thanks to the choking of Brett Favre (3 int's). How many times have we seen him blow the game by throwing the ball to the defense? Too many, imo.

Of course, the best thing would have been that the Pat's didn't need a Jets win to get in, but they had a good season (11-5) even with the loss of Brady.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by jsobecky]

Jets just canned Eric Mangini. To bad it was one day too late. They are pathetic , no one in the off season spent more money than the Jets. Farve should have been benched weeks ago. His fourth quarter interception yesterday, was the silliest play I have seen. The receiver didn't even go out for a pass, and Farve just lofted it into the defensive backs numbers. But somehow this dud made the Pro Bowl, and players like Penningtion, Rivers, Cassel, and Collins will be at home.

I can't see Mangini getting another job in the NFL. He is a rat and a back stabber.

Bitter Pat's fan!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

He and Favre will probably show up as TV sports announcers very soon!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
2009 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Round

Bye Weeks
Tennessee Titans
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Carolina Panthers

Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 at 4:30 PM EST
#5 Atlanta Falcons
#4 Arizona Cardinals

Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 at 8 PM EST
#5 Indianapolis Colts
#4 San Diego Chargers

Sunday, January 4th, 2009 at 1 PM EST
#6 Baltimore Ravens
#3 Miami Dolphins

Sunday, January 4th, 2009 at 4:30 PM EST
#6 Philadelphia Eagles
#3 Minnesota Vikings

2009 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Round Predictions

Atlanta at Arizona
I don't think Arizona can pull this off. They're slumping, and Atlanta is playing well. So although Arizona has a great offense, I don't think they have enough in the tank to beat Atlanta.

Atlanta Falcons

Indianapolis at San Diego
It's a nice story and all that San Diego accomplished what they accomplished, but we all know that if home field in this game went to the better team as opposed to the higher seed, this game wouldn't be in San Diego. It'll be close early on, but Indianapolis will pull away.

Indianapolis Colts

Baltimore at Miami
This one is tough. Miami is playing well, but Baltimore has a great defense. Instinct tells me to go with Miami, but I also can't help but think Baltimore's defense will win this game for them.

Baltimore Ravens

Philadelphia at Minnesota
What Philadelphia did to fight back in to the playoff picture, then completely obliterate the Cowboys to get in, was impressive.

What this game basically comes down to is either team's weapons. Obviously this means Brian Westbrook and Adrian Peterson. Brian Westbrook has been in this situation before. Adrian Peterson has not. Plus, Donovan McNabb has led his team to NFC championship games, while Tarvaris Jackson can barely manage a regular season game.

Minnesota is not a huge home field advantage, and I honestly don't believe their team is a playoff caliber team. I believe they are only in the playoffs because someone had to win the NFC North.

Philadelphia Eagles

Do you have predictions? Post them!

[edit on 12/30/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Your analysis is pretty sound, imo. I can't think of anything to add. I would have to agree with you on the picks.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The Cardinals have until 4:30 p.m. ET Thursday to sell their remaining 5,600 tickets.

As of midday Wednesday, the Vikings had 11,000 tickets to sell by 4:30 p.m. ET Friday to satisfy the league's sellout requirements and ensure the game will be broadcast.

Pa - the - tic

Vikings, Cardinals receive NFL extensions to sell playoff tickets because their fans suck

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, the Eagles put the end to my 2008 season excitement. But watch us this year, we are going straight to the Superbowl.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Pffft, yeah, just like every other year, right? You Eagle's fans are something else.

GO COWBOYS!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

I'm a born and bred Steelers fan but I don't see a repeat.

Eagles vs Pats in the big one? With the Eagles putting it to em of course would be fine by me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join