It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy,11,tracks speeders with toy radar gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Dressed in a relective vest, wearing a bicycle helmet and armed with a Hot Wheels brand radar gun, he points and records the speed of passing traffic.

Boy tracks speeders with toy radar gun

That is one amazing kid!
I wonder how he got the idea, thats a pretty cool toy.

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the 'submit' News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Great, funny story!

I had to laugh at this part!

Boy, 11, tracks speeders with toy radar gun

Dressed in a reflective vest, wearing a bicycle helmet and armed with an orange Hot Wheels brand radar gun, he points and records the actual speed of passing traffic.

Landon also carries a flashlight with a built-in siren.

"When I saw it happening, I got the biggest kick out of it," said resident George Ayers, 61. "People were locking up their brakes when they saw him."

Starred and Flagged!

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Stupid nerd.

If I saw him on the side of the road, I'd be sure to come back with a slushy to throw on his stupid little vest.

Bet he's the same kid at school that does hallway duty and tickets kids for running and being late!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah, he probably is a nerd.

But I still think it's funny though!

Imagine watching this kid, standing on the side of the road and watching people slamming on their brakes because they're speeding and he's pointing his "Hot Wheels" brand radar gun at them!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

And causing an accident?

I agree with Rock

... and that kid needs a beat'n.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
im surpised the police havent arrested him yet

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
im surpised the police havent arrested him yet

Indeed...

Personally, I'd like to see a few state troops taze him.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
People are going 55+ on a 25mph residential street.

I guess one would have to have kids, or see one hit by a car on an otherwise safe street to agree with what he is trying to help do?

That kid rocks.

[edit on 7/18/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
even noobs can be narcs!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The cars are going 55 mph on a road thats speed limit is 25 mph in a residential neighborhood!

Do you see a problem here?

Is the kid doing anything illegal? Is it illegal to stand on the side of the road with a "Hot Wheels" Radar Gun and write down the speed of passing cars? I don't think so!

Are the people driving 55 mph doing anything illegal? You betcha!

People slam on the brakes all the time when they see a cop on the side of the road when they are speeding, but I never hear of all the accidents they cause.

Why would it be the kids fault if somebody was speeding down the road, saw him on the side of the road, and had an accident?

Wouldn't it be the drivers fault who was driving 55 mph in a 25 mph zone and paniced, loosing control of their car, thinking that a little kid might give him a ticket?

Is Law Enforcement blamed if there is an accident caused because a speeder saw him sitting on the side of the road, hit the brakes and had an accident? I think not.

[edit on 7/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
sarcasm.

have a beer on me.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
scourse he aint doin nuffin illegal...

He's just a nerd. That's all.

A nerd who will grow up to be a fascist pig pulling good people over to rape their wallets to assist in the Police For Profit scam that runs across this country.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think it's neat. He seems like a well behaved kid, at least he's not going around killing, beating or raping people. He's being a kid, and I feel if he grows up and becomes an officer he'd probably be a good one.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm still in shock that there is a 'Hot Wheels' toy that actually works like it is supposed to.
I still remember being crushed as a child by outlandish claims on the toy box, that never failed to dissapoint.
Probably costing them a fortune in batteries,although I bet theres a sponsorship deal in there somewhere now.
Never did hear a word about, or from, the parents anywhere which I thought was a little odd.

new topics

top topics

join