It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by khezet

operation sacred freedom. right. well, if you read the halo books, imagine what the spartans went through in their augmentation and apply it to civilians with about three weeks of commando training (14-16 yrs old). then gather those newly spartanized kids, outfit them with weapons and gear, and send them to wherever. only catch is, the augmentation is only activated by a serum the higher-ups issue before the mission. works for 42 hours. a friend of mine is trying to find out what the serum contains so he can make it and pwn 24/7.

also, i get drunk in my dreams. apparently i sneak into government facilities and steal information. last little trip i got into somewhere i've never been (reminds me of the institute from maximum ride) and stole information on human/avian hybrids. yes, they do exist.

more on the dream theory: if i shapeshift and travel through planes in my dreams that actually happen, that must mean that in this plane i can shapeshift. any ideas?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Last night I had a dream which involved the weather. In the dream I was in the house screaming for everyone to hang on and follow me. I had a cb radio and I was telling whoever could here to head over to this open field. As I was heading over there the weather was crazy. It was a thunderstorm with bad lightning all around . I looked up and amidst the clouds was some type of alien ship flying erratically. I was telling everyone to look up and screaming" the aliens are casuing this weather". All around me it was pouring rain and everyone was going crazy. It felt so real. It was like the beginning of the end. I woke saying the aliens are controlling the weather to break us down. Has anyone else had anything similiar to this.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
well if I can use a gun in my dreams I must be able to use a gun... oh wait.. thats already true... and I just turned 14... and my life is f***ing boring.... XD oh well.... o ya... and I once had a dream bout giant spiders... coming from some sorta pest control gun... hmmmmm.... now you got me wondering bout this stuff... XD o.,.. and try thinking and willing yourself to becoming what shape you wanna be... and be in a semi meditative position...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I don't normally remember my dreams. If I remember anything, it's bits and pieces that are soon forgotten. But just last night, I had an unusually vivid dream. Then today, I saw this thread... So I decided to finally make an account instead of just lurking and actually contribute.

In my dream it was daylight. Probably around 9:30ish. I'm just hanging in my room, relaxing... Suddenly, I get the feeling that I needed to look outside. Military helicopters were scouring the town. I immediately lay down on the floor and put my hands on my head. Soon enough, three soldiers opened the door to my room and moved in. Interesting to note, is that they looked Korean or Chinese. I didn't get a good look at them. One pointed a gun at my head as the other two searched through my room for... I'm not sure, actually. All I remember is my heart pounding in my chest. They left eventually. I got to my feet, trembling... I knew I was supposed to stay in my room, but I have a powerful NEED to leave.

My dream cuts to me on a bike, at an unfamiliar street. Oddly, I remember using my emergency fire ladder to escape from my room (on the second floor). I keep looking around frantically as I come up to a house and toss the bike to the lawn. It's dusk. Nobody else is outside. I run in and get to the basement... My girlfriend, her friends, and her family were waiting for me there. They hurriedly get me under the bed. To my surprise, there's a secret compartment there big enough to hide a person. The door slides shut over me. Minutes later, I hear shouting and stomping. I knew that the militia were looking for me, since I broke the curfew, rules, whatever. I don't even breathe as they search... Soon, the door comes open and my sweet girl leans in to kiss my cheek. The bed is moved and I get up. Looking around, I see other people emerging from other hidden areas of the basement as well...

The dream ends there.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I haven't had any dreams of weather occurances, but for the past few months I have had very vivid dreams about being chased by some weird demon/shadow thing. The setting is different in al of these dreams, although usually it seems to be a garden/grounds of a castle mansion. They probably mean nothing, but I always wake up in a cold sweat because they are so real feeling.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

i had a similar dream just like yours but a little different. the shadow caught me and started entering my heart. the pain felt so real. but everytime i woke up during the night i had the dream, the dream would contiune were it left off. it didnt stop until it was the morning

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I quite often have vivid dreams....but know what you mean,my dreams seem to be getting more vivid.....I have been dreaming alot about tornado's and yet the country I live in doesn't get them so never witnessed one...so find it strange to be dreaming of those...I have recently been dreaming about ufo's in the sky too,just seeing lots of them hovering around...but that is not something I really follow as more into the paranormal....
I have always dreamt about spirits chasing me through old houses and the such but find it strange to be dreaming about the weather...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I dont know what happened last night, but it was really weird!! I have always been intrigued with dreams, and am sure this has never happened to me before!!

I'm not sure if this was paranormal, or just and over active imagination that ran over into reality....

While in a dream, the last thing I remember was someone taking a teaspoon to a glass, and just before the teaspoon hit the glass I woke up fully, but a second later it seemed like I heard the exact sound i was expecting to hear in the dream.... it sounded like a (loud ping) teaspoon hitting a glass somewhere in my room. I remember lying there still for a while listening for any other sounds...

later on i fell asleep and dreamt of someone about to yawn... just before they did, again I woke up fully and a second later heard a yawning sound somewhere in my room.

I was gobsmacked to say the least and actually felt scared... not because i sensed anything, just because it was so unreal and absurd for something like that to happen.... I lay there still for awhile, then decided to go and get some milk and put my tv on for distraction and background noise to sleep to

Has anyone ever experienced something like this??

Any ideas how or why this would happen?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

I too have had dreams very much like this,where I have woken (or thought I have woken) and heard a noise or voice etc..that was in my dream,I haven't an explaination..maybe it is that we are not really awake,but think we are? but I can tell you at the time it seems you are awake! I too have done much the same normally get up watch telly or go on laptop for a while to clear my head....interesting....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wow! Your dreams are in line with the Prophecy "Three Days of Darkness." If you are not aware of the prophecy then you had a prophetic dream.

The "Three Days of Darkness" are messages sent by the Blessed Virgin Mary through seers.

Mary tells us that Gods cup is overflowing and His Graces are about to give out.

Some of the signs we are seeing today, but the real scarry sign is the 3 Days of Darkness.

The Lady tells us during that time not to go outside, lock our doors, don't look out the windows. There will be no electricty or water during that time, and only a Blessed lighted candle will generate light and heat for the faithfull.

There will be a lot of screaming, death, etc. but on the morning after the 3rd day, the earth will experience a spring day and a renewed inner peace and we will know God is God.

You may want to check the book out or run 3 days of darkness on the computer.

There will be signs prior to the 3 days...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I was half awake in my sleep and I remember vividly seeig a glowing skull going towards me but I could not move. It laughed as it entred my head from the side a bit like how doctor evil from austin powe laughs. I thought it was something trying to scare me but it was a weak attempt. I say it was more than a dream as I could hear it next to my ear. Very strange it was if not iconic in its representation. My room felt chaotic as I was in a dream paralisis and could not wake up, were my eyes awake at the time? I think they were on and off but hard to tell the difference between the dream world and reality.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i have also been having weird dreams...but there in pattern:

these past few years since like 2005 or 2006, i have been having these really, REALLY weird dreams=[
let me start out by saying this:

around the year 2000 and before that, i had this family friend who had leukemia. we visited her a lot and i always had fun when i was over there=]
i just loved being around in her neighbor hood it was always nice
anyways about that dream i had most recently, i was walking home from school...i was walking behind these two elderly ladies and what i assumed to be there grand kids.
they were all quite...these ladies were dressed in traditional Bengali clothing, which was strange because my friend who had leukemia was of Bengali decent. The first elderly lady in front was walking with a little boy who was dressed in casual clothing. The lady in back was walking with a cute little girl, who was wearing a little dress of some sort...it was pink and white. [which is what my friend was wearing when i saw her last 8 years ago]
These ladies and their grand kids were walking really slow, so i tried to cut in front of them, but the second old lady walked in front and shot me a kind of mean look. I was still walking home from school in this, so then, we were walking across the crossroad...

So when i had some more space i FINALLY managed to cut in front of the ladies and the kids...

as i was walking past them i saw the little boy's face 0-0
it looked like that of the devil

then i saw the first old lady's face which looked.....well to put it nicely it was just ugly....she looked so angry that i had seen her face....
she shot a look at the second old lady's face and looked mad at her...

The second old lady obviously didn't want me to see, so she looked down with a very sad look. The little girl looked up the sad old woman and seemed to have no idea what was going on...

So when i finally went look elsewhere, i realized i was at my old friend's neighborhood, and by what i felt, i knew i was in danger...

The last dream i had where i ended up in her neighborhood was when me and my big sis were walking to school together....we turned a corner i looked up and she ran. SO i caught up and asked her why, she said she was cutting, so i said "let me come to!". I look up and I'm in my friend's neighborhood and feel like something really bad is gonna happen just like the other dream.

Its been a good 8 years since I have seen my friend last...i Haven't been able to keep in touch with her, and since she has leukemia she is probably dead by now
i just don't know what happened...since these dreams started in 2005 0r 2006, i have been thinking that maybe those could be the years she might have died in
maybe that could be it, but then again, i just don't know =[

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I wonder if there's truly a pattern or it's mere coincidence.

Just a week ago I had a dream where two comets/large meteorites fell upon a particular part of the city I live in. Nothing really happened by having the rocks hitting earth, except just the crashing part. What was interesting was how those two pieces of rock made a pattern.

Just a couple of days ago, my brother had a dream that a volcano sprout through the same location where the meteorites fell (a la movie Volcano).

Interesting, indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Something so weird happened this week that I was thinking of starting a thread about it. Then realised it wouldn't hold any significance to anyone else. It's not 'catastrophe' related, but I'll post it here anyway, seeing there's a thread dedicated to weird dreams.

I had an extremely vivid dream which featured two highly unpleasant individuals, a middle aged man and his wife. Both of them were very similar in appearance and had uniquely shaped faces and very fair hair.

When I awoke, their faces were imprinted in my mind, as was their surname. I'd never seen them in real life and I'd never heard of the surname before.

The content of the dream was so disturbing to me, I googled the surname. It was very unusual and I hadn't expected the search to reveal anyone by that name -- I didn't think it could be a real surname.

But to my surprise, google-images brought up several persons with that surname. And at least 80% of the images conformed very closely to the people in the dream. In other words, they had the same unusual face shape and the same very fair, almost white hair. If someone told me they were all related, I would have no difficulty accepting it.

All but one of those with the surname live in the US (I live in Australia). The exception is (I discovered, courtesy of Google) a reasonably famous sportsperson who's based in Europe. I'd never heard of him until I ran the google search.

I can't reveal the surname in an open forum, obviously, but I'm going to be watching the US news with greater interest than usual. I sincerly hope I don't see the surname in question connected to murder and rape (as occurred in the dream).

In the dream, I saw the interior of their house down to the finest detail.
The dream revealed them to be perfectly ordinary on the outside, but showed what they were really capable of behind closed doors. I hope to God they don't really exist.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

!!

That's pretty interesting.

You might have some psychic abilities, albeit in dream form.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I've had similar dreams. The most recent that was tragic was a dream I had about nuclear explosions across America. It was interesting in the point of view I took. I was physically still in my home city of Columbus, but watching America from a bird's view. I could see nuclear clouds exploding from various cities.

I attributed it to things I've read and researched, and not as a foretelling of future events. I like to consider these dreams as a way for my subconscious to condition itself for unexpected events. What's a better way to endure a hardship other than to experience it before it happens? I worry a lot for humanity and my subconscious is right there with me.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The morning after the election,
I dreamed that I had reached the edge of the world, and at the edge was a giant thick wall of glass, with huge letters written on it, in fire. Only the letters were too large to make out even a whole word from where I stood.

This morning,
I had a nightmare of a horrible gooey lifeform, which came from some planet with craters. It was spreading along walls and ceilings, and had eyes in random places. It started to infect my fingertips, so I poured bleach all over my hands to try to get it off of me. When I did that, around my hands the view changed, and I could see that I was wearing some kind of plastic and metal sensors on my fingers, sort of like virtual reality gloves. And I was back at the glass wall, only it wasn't huge any more. It was more like being inside a glass tube.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Since finding ATS my dreams have been as mad as a box of frogs. Last night, I dreamt of a UFO out my living room window, but then after it had passed, I saw two dodgy men in boiler suits with a crane and they were somehow operating this UFO with it. Then I was back in bed and something was flying around the room whilst I cowered under the sheets. Hmm, methinks I might have to stop this late night ATS-ing...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Not here because of an extraordinary dream ,I am seeking proof of my sanity! The last 2 weeks have been nocturnal experiences not dreams. Many similar to these posts-that makes me worry about us! I am sure only a small percentage of people have responded to his topic-but they are reading it.
Here is what I have discovered
for me)
No change in diet,medications,supplements,intoxicant free,no new stressors ,tv/audio off.
The nature and general spirit of these dreams: Seem real i;e smells ,my voice , I can see my hands,I have used and felt the effects of coke _javascript:icon('
'),even waking up hungover/high,(been clean for years) Twisted sex . Some of the characters lately are childhood aquaintances I have never thought of.I can wake myself up during the dream when the situation becomes too disturbing.
The dream will stay with me through out most of the day and I will drift into it.This is when I
started asking friends and family.(before psychiatric consult of course)
Here's weird
nly the males I questioned reported these recent "hyper-dreams"
The realities: The entire human condition is under great duress right now and bad energy abounds.Also astrologically we under an unusual stellar pattern ,if I am correct, has not manifest for 400 years. Done rambling! Anyone?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am definitely having dreams lately that are more "strange" then normal as well as lucid and as others have stated I remember most if not all of the dreams. This is a cause of great concern.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join