It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
well one time in a dream i heard a song play that doesint exist i find that a bit creepy

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I posted my dream anonymously few weeks ago, had no idea where it's been moved to, just found it today.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Anonymous post above is from me, I finally got a chance to register today
... very new here, still learning how to post and reply to threads

Great site & excellent post about dreams

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My dreams never really make sense either...but the other night, one was particularly weird. Every so often I'll dream about UFO's....well, in this dream, I was on abovetopsecret.com (hehe) and saw a thread that said people all over the U.S. were seeing these strange lights in the sky, so I ran outside (it was nighttime) and it was very cloudy but I could see bright lights moving and glowing behind the clouds. Which was freaky to say the least, but exciting. I noticed a face forming in one of the clouds,kind of like the Wizard of Oz (??) and grabbed my camera to film it. Then voices started coming out of another cloud, addressing my father. They said:

"We know about your wife and how she looks for things."

It's funny they should say that because my mom reads the Bible a lot and looks for mysteries, etc...

then my dad asked if my mom could go with them, cause I guess she wanted to, and they said no, no one could go with them....

then I woke up and was kinda depressed that it was only a dream.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerAU

lulz your probaly right about the dream stuff but i dont think ill be dreaming about a tree and a stranger ha nice try tho

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm a lucid dreamer with complete control over my dreams, I'm completely aware that I'm in my dreamworld and can steer it in whatever direction I please, yet lately I've been having trouble with continuing to dream while I'm already awake, I takes a few minutes to notice that I'm actually already awake yet still seeing things the way they should be while dreaming.

Its hard to explain really, hope it made sense/

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Last night ( mostly the early AM) I dreamed there was a reptilian-looking creature standing in my doorway to my room. The problem with the dream was I was awake for some of it.

I don't mean to say it was real, I mean to say part of this episode was a day-dream so to speak. I wish I had some artistic talent so I could draw the thing that was silently staring at me as I remember it in very descriptive detail.

But the creature being there was not what made the dream memorable. It was that the dream was very much like putting on X-ray specs. I would lay in my bed on my stomach looking at my doorway, close my eyes, and it would be as if my eyes were still open but there'd be this thing standing there. In my overly tired state it was more of a nuisance than anything else. I turned my body to face the wall so I wouldn't have to see this damn thing staring at me while trying to sleep, and upon closing my eyes it was if I was still facing the other way. I basically fell asleep in a staring contest with a mud-green skinned pale yellow eyed lanky looking dude with a long neck and a row of small bumps over the top of its abnormally shaped head.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
One time last month, I was having a really standard dream. I was in a subway and was just acting in a scripted manner. For some reason I felt compelled to look at my watch. The digital numbers kept shifting frantically from one time to another. Then it stopped and the watch displayed 12:35pm. The month and date were "7 9" which, being a watch that keeps the date in American format, translates to July the 9th.

Then, the weirdest thing happened - I became as concious in this dream realm as I am in the physical realm. I had the ability to physically walk around, although it felt kinda draining on my energy. I heard the voices of the two people that were in the subway at the time, too. I continued walking and then I opened a door. The room was dark and some weird kinda of disco music was playing. I creeped myself out by thinking about Demons, and then I broke out of the dream and kept sleeping.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Mine are much more frequent (4x/night) and vivid. Just to add another voice.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have had a bunch of dreams with this little beige alien with these big round eyes with irises that look like galaxies. He shows me how to levitate things and how to fly.

Once, he showed me two disturbing scenes. He took me to the future, and one was in the fall of 2009. We were standing in my yard, and he told me to watch out. As he said that, a cessna smashed into one of my neighbor's houses. Then another plane fell, and another. We were running and trying to look up, and the planes made no sound as they fell because their engines were totally shut off. I got the feeling that the sun had something to do with it. Either the sun or an EMP weapon.
The next scene he took me to, again I was standing outside my house, and it was dusk... in the summer sometime , and it was right as the sun was about to disappear under the horizon and there were big storm clouds overhead, so the sky looked like it was on fire. I was staring at one of the clouds, when all the sudden, an explosion went off inside the cloud. Another explosion, then shortly after that, another.... and then the whole sky erupted in explosions... and I knew it was World War III.

He showed me one more scene, and it was of the past... about a million years ago in Africa. There was a primitive tribe of White Skinned people in Africa, and I assume one of his species had just landed on Earth, and he was met by a small group of two or three people. The people took him back to their villiage, and everyone in the villiage was gathered in a giant circle in a clearing.

The three other villiagers joined the circle, and as the being approached the circle, the villiagers on his side panicked, and broke away to the other side. The being stopped and held up his hand in a peace symbol. Then, a small child with something wrapped in reeds came forth slowly and approached the alien. When he got to the being, he telepathically told the being that the people had been waiting for him, and they had made him a gift. He unwrapped the reeds and pulled out a brightly colored clay mask with an animal hide head band and patterns around the borders and the large eyeholes that looked like fire and stars, matching the being's eyes. The alien accepted and allowed the boy to put the mask on his face. Then, the whole tribe started cheering and singing and rattling percussion instruments. It was like the ending to the best ET inspired movie ever. I woke up crying because it was so moving.

I haven't remembered seeing the little guy in any dreams since that one, buit he was in a bunch before that, ever since I was a kid, teaching me how to fly and stuff. I actually miss him. I don't buy into the scientific write off of dreams. It does not explain the extreme attachment you have to certain aspects of certain dreams. They feel like whole other realities, which I have a strong suspicion that they are. No scientist can truly be positive about what constitutes a dream or consciousness. They can only monitor certain discovered aspects of what the brain and consciousness actually do, and I think it's pure egotism and fear and narrow mindedness that would prompt someone to assert that it is "this and that and nothing more."
How dense do you have to be to have such a demeaning attitude like that? I reject cold logic. It has never done anyone any good, and eventually, it's always disproven or the seeming cause is proven to actually be the effect of something ELSE yet to be discovered.

Modern science sounds ridiculous to me most of the time. Egotism and elitist propaganda at its finest! All hail the new cult of materialism and Occam's razor.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 6dark6energy6
well one time in a dream i heard a song play that doesint exist i find that a bit creepy

I'm ALWAYS having those dreams. Most of them has to do with Nirvana or Kurt Cobain. I'm always hanging out with Kurt Cobain in my dreams. I don't even listen to Nirvana that much anymore, yet I feel like Kurt is one of my best astral friends. I think he helps me write my music. Crazy? Kurt doesn't think so.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I notice recently that I am able to interupt a dream, get a snack or use the restroom, fall back asleep and continue the same dream I was having prior to the interuption. This has happened to me more than once.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I actually have one of these songs that don't exist committed to my memory. I had this dream with an unknown song while I was vacationing, and I woke up and quickly made a voice recording of myself humming the tune into my cellphone.

For a while I looked around for a music creation program to bring this song into reality, but none of them were to my liking and I lost patience. The song lives on in my head. If I meet someone with the right talent maybe we could bring it into the real world.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I'd be interested in hearing the tune. Is it hiphop or rock?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have the dream of 2 suns. Our house faces north. I walk outside. It's late summer and the sun is setting in the west. Everything is dusty brown. The sun is in the northwest stationary. Everything is silent but there is a noise like a roomfull of people talking at once. The dream ends when the room stops talking.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I had a odd and somewhat funny dream recently too.

In my dream, aliens were living and working on earth just like humans. Not everybody knew they were here though. They looked just like people. I was one of the people that knew they were here.

I was some how able to tell the difference. Im not sure how, I just could. Anyway, I walk into a convienient store and the guy working the cash register is an alien. I start talking to him and tell him that I know hes an alien. He looks up surprised but just kind of smiles and nods in acceptance. I asked him where he was from. I cant remember where he said though.

I asked him what kind of food does he eat. and he said "People". I laughed nervously and said " Your kidding right?" He leaned forward sneared and said "what do you think?"

So not neccasarily an incredibally wierd dream, but still somewhat interesting.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvaDavE

Its actually more closely related to trance or "chill" music. It has a beat, but I can't imagine anyone dancing to it. The only lyrics are "and I feel you". I personally believe you can rap to anything, but this would definitely be an obscure beat for hip hop. I'm glad someone is at least slightly interested!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

I'm actually really interested!!! I'd love to hear it if you would be willing to share it with us.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yeah, that ethereal realm music is extraordinarily creepy. I have had two of those, but I don't remember the first one at all. The second one, though, was weird. It was like hip-hop with this weird, mellow synth in the background that sounded very alien like. I'm not a fan of hip-hop neither, nor do I even think it was hip-hop sounding. Sounded more like electronica, but with a hip-hop beat.

Was a really cool song. Was a really cool dream.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

Dreams are generally you're subconcious mind communicating with your conscious mind. That having been said, this means your inner psyche is trying to tell your awakened mind, something is bothering you, and generally it is something that needs to be resolved.

Think of it as a "Where's Waldo" of the dream state, you gotta find "Waldo" but don't know where exactly where to look.

Dream Moods : Dream Dictionary

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join