It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we at war with money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This question just came to me whilst adding the news about Pakistans stock market dropping.

When you consider everything that involves our daily lives, be it a direct influence or things that seem to be way out of our control, we all know, realise and are completely aware that it is money which is, nine times out of ten, the sole cause of all our problems.

As we have seen from the iraq war, it has become obvious that it is all about the oil. But it doesn't stop there. There are the weapon/ammunition makers, security forces, trade and corporate deals... which are all ultimatey run and controlled by the big time bankers.

Most of us feel that it is these corporations and bankers that are the real power behind the governments of the world. Their weapon of choice is money.

The weapons they allow us to have are guns and bombs with which to fight and kill each other whilst the super rich elite can sit back and rake in more money so they'll be higher and drier than they were before the tide even begins to turn.

I'm going to link in two of todays money related news items ..

Failed Californian mortgage lender IndyMac is reportedly being probed by US officials over suspected fraud.

Media reports say the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) inquiry involves the bank's practice of giving home loans to risky borrowers.

The FBI would not name IndyMac, but said it had widened its investigation of the US sub-prime mortgage industry to 21 firms, up from 19.

IndyMac was seized by US regulators amid fears it was running out of cash.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Senior US and European bankers will appear before US lawmakers later to defend themselves against claims that they helped to promote tax fraud.

The hearings come after a report from a US Senate sub-committee criticising overseas banks for allowing rich Americans to avoid paying taxes.

Swiss bank UBS and Liechtenstein bank LGT, owned by the principality's royal family, were singled out.

The report claims that secrecy laws cost the US $100bn (£50bn) a year.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So, are we really at war with money, rather than each other? Have we woken up but still not wiped the sleep from our eyes?

If everyone fought back by not using money and returned to a fair trade of goods (barter) would this be the ultimate weapon against the elite, the NWO and the dictators of this beautiful world we all wish to share and live in peace and harmony in.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Money is nothing more than a control mechanism for the superclass, for the world elite. They are not interested in making more of it, since they control the mechanisms which actually produces it, what they do is control the amount of capital in an economy, so that they can crush it when that pesky middle class reaches the freedom threshold. And they also use it to buyout new technology and ideas before the middle class get to benefit from them. Note that they pratically create the money ad hoc and use it to actually control physical goods, and, more importantly, agricultural and industrial capacity. Yes, we are very much at war with money. People are enticed by the system's possibilities, which I admit are pretty positive, and turn a blind eye to the system's mechanisms, which are loaded, biased, seedy and unethical. Money is our shackles.

Still, the system can work for us, money is a good tool, but it needs a top down reform so that the control of the emission of capital is transparent, public and out of the hands of parasites.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Money is the root of ALL evil. It must be destoyed, KILL KILL..
No really, people joke about it but its true. Those that want it will kill for it. That that have it want more because they're not happy with what they have.
The price of a life can be measured by items these days. Last time I checked the papers it was worth less than a fish supper ( fish and chips in the UK , or a Big Mac meal in the US).
So with the shares dropping all over the world, those that have the money are manipulating the markets to further their own ends and increase their wealth.

So why not actually get rid of ALL money I'm sure the world will be better off for it. eventually. And before you all go NO we can't , I know that there would be turmoil , it would last a little while as people bundle each other out of the way for a house , a car, a mobile phone and all the luxuries they can get their grubby little hands on. I know that people wouldn't go to work .But there are those that would keep working because they actually like their jobs and there are jobs that are vital to the survival of humanity ( water treatment plants, power stations etc) but a lot of people wouldn't see the need to keep working. Eventually people would have to do a job of some form just to stop from being bored with the TV thats not showing anything, or listeniing to the radio for music that isn't there, or driving a car that doesn't work because all the mechanics dont fix them.
Mankinds mind would expand and so therefore would his spirituality. Man would work for Mankind. for a change instead of the almighty Dollar or Pound or Euro.
So the way the money markets are going anyway whatever form of currency in your country won't be worth the paper/ fabric its printed on anyway. All that will be left is trying to fill your house with objects.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

In my mind, it's quite simple to change to another method, just takes, effort, willingness and a good set of rules combined with proper communication between all interested/involved parties.

For example, let's imagine a water purification worker at his plant, a crop/vegetable grower, a DVD player maker and a metal worker.

The farmer needs water to water his crops, the metal worker needs water to quench his metal, the DVD maker needs water to drink as do they all.

They all need food from the crop farmer too, the farmer and DVD maker need tools from the metal worker...

Well, you get thepicture..they all need something and are reliant on each other to ensure they do not go hungry or thirsty..

Surely, with a bit of clarity and sanity, they could all come to an agreement which allows them all to trade a specific amount of each days labour between them. They would all work the same hours and would all need to eat and drink, and after the days work is done, they can all go home and watch a new movie on their new DVD players..

A fair days pay for a fair days work as they say.. pay being the resources that others produce in this matter..

It's so simple it's almost stupid.. The main problem that will face everyone is that a lwayer will claim his skills are worth more than someone who not only has to use his brain, but be very physical in their job too..like a builder or mechanic. Well, you'd all have to come to an agreement and stick to it.

But yes, money does appear to be the ultimate reason we all end up fighting or defending each other for. Sad really.. we fight over worthless paper which is controlled by others..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Its the moneymakers we are at war with.

The USA fought to be independent from the British banking Empire.
but in 1913 it ended...

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

Woodrow Wilson - After signing the Federal Reserve Act of 1913

new topics

top topics

join