It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encouragement & Explanation Needed About Shadow "Beings"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My son, who is highly psychic and has had a rough time now being a single parent tells me that he had to confide something to me.

He says he sees shadows, people, animals, all kinds of stuff out of the corner of his eyes. I explained that these are called "shadow people".

He thinks he's going crazy because of all the stress he's had for over two years.

This thread is for him. I want you to please explain to him that its a common occurance now and maybe that will help him. He does not feel like he can see a psychiatrist and talk about all this for fear that they will take his children away. Understandable.

I think if he hears the accounts from others it will help him very much!
BTW, he has an open mind, but he needs to hear it from others besides MOM.

Thank you much and i hope this thread will have enough imput to clear things up for him!

Love you all,

dg.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
From my experience, they have many forms. There are also many explainations to them. Some people say they are disjoined spirits unhappy with where they are. Some say they are demons. Some say they are visitors from another plane. Some say they aren't real its just from a mental state. My personal thoughts is that they are beings that live on a fringe between dimensions, which is why they would appear and disappear so rapidly. My theory is that dimensions are layered and that these beings have limited interactivity with our dimension. How they do it , I personally don't know but we interact with other dimensions all the time. We might not know it but technically since we exist in the 3rd dimension we can interact with limitations with the 1st and 2nd. There is another topic that talks more about them on here, which have a multitude of peoples thoughts on them.

The Mysterious shadow people

-Aza

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Azathoth]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is a tough thread to get people who think of themselves as 'sound of mind' to respond to. I hope that it will only be responded to by people of an open mind.

I'm not saying that I do or do not believe in shadow people. I have however had many experiences with seeing things that can only be explained as a 'shadow person'.

Most of these occured when I was a child. The big difference for me though was that it wasn't out of the corner of my eye. I would see them dead on as if you and I were talking face to face.

My first experience happened when I was about 7. Three of my cousins and myself were laying down for a nap. I was the one that got to lay down up against the wall. It was a queen size bed so we did fit well enough. The others were goofing around, as kids will do, and I turned to face the wall. That was when a shadow hand crept up from between the wall and the bed (only about an inch gap if I remember right). It paused for a second and then simply waved at me.

I about ruined my underwear right then and there. My cousins all jumped out of bed when I screamed and were as terrified as I was. They didn't believe the story of course and said I was dreaming it. Well, I have thought about it many times over. Nope, I wasn't asleep yet. That was confirmed on the many occassions since where I have seen finitily defined shadow forms and shadow blobs.

Am I crazy? I don't think so. I was let into the military for service and was placed in intelligence so I believe I was of sound mind and still am.

Tell your son that he is witnessing something that is very real to many people. Tell him to ignore any criticisms about it. He's not nuts. He just happens to see things that a lot of other people cannot.

Now, it started to get really creepy about 6 years ago when the forms stopped being shadows and started gaining color. Not cool.

One night, I had just fallen to sleep and my wife was sitting in bed reading. All of a sudden she screams out. I wake up but can't move. There is a pressure on my chest. I look there and it is the shape of a woman looking down at me. I see my wife swinging her hands through the image. Then it just disappears and the pressure is gone. That pretty much freaked her out so bad that we had to sleep with the lights on for a few weeks. hehe

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My ex boyfriend about 15 years ago was working at a cotton mill in my hometown.
He and I both were fairly new Christians and were sort of young (23,24)
Well, we both had long discussions about Christianity, secret covens within our county, etc.....
One time he started telling me about these very TALL beings that he would catch out of the corner of his eye while at work.
He believed that they were demonic.
It really didn't worry him too much.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I have been seeing shadow people most of my life since I was a young child always out of the corner of my eye and they would just dissapate into a wall when you turn to look at them.. they are gone by the time you can get a good look. He is not alone. It is normal to see them for some people.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thank you and i appreciate those of you who have experienced this. I am going to show him this thread on Friday when he comes over and let him see its not just me going all retard on him and telling him "others" see it, just to make him feel good.

As always, thanks for sharing and the more stories the better!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I was to look to turn around and look behind me. I did and I saw the shadow of a man that was bend over a bit staring at me. I never seen any face, just a shadowly outline. I said to myself. Oh, my God, not tonight and I seen him leaped very high and I turned around and fell back to sleep so quickly that when I woke up, I wondered if it really happened. It did and when I confided it with a friend she told me to look up shadow people. Well I feel better knowing that I am not going nuts. There are many stories on that link that made me feel better. I never felt any fear with seeing this. I had waken up with the same terrible pressure as if something was on me before and that scared me terribly. I never seen anything, I heard a terrible roaring sound (like I had my head out of a fast going car) and I couldn't move,yell or open my eyes. Again, when I said God help me, I was able to move and move I did. For months I slept with a light on or tv going. Mostly I didn't fall asleep until dawn.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My son, who is highly psychic and has had a rough time now being a single parent tells me that he had to confide something to me.

He says he sees shadows, people, animals, all kinds of stuff out of the corner of his eyes. I explained that these are called "shadow people".

He thinks he's going crazy because of all the stress he's had for over two years.

This thread is for him. I want you to please explain to him that its a common occurance now and maybe that will help him. He does not feel like he can see a psychiatrist and talk about all this for fear that they will take his children away. Understandable.

I think if he hears the accounts from others it will help him very much!
BTW, he has an open mind, but he needs to hear it from others besides MOM.

Thank you much and i hope this thread will have enough imput to clear things up for him!

Love you all,

dg.

He's not crazy... I've seen the same(and I'm not crazy either ) One time, I actually had creatures that looked like totem animals visit me; I've also seen the "shadow people" that have been talked about on this site...I do have psychic abilities, but they're untrained.. this is part of why I see these things. They do exist, some are attuned enough to see them, some aren't. I wouldn't go blabbing about it to people who don't know the deal, though; especially if he has kids. He needs to find a group of like-minded peeps to talk to about it, In real life, not just on the net.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by dragonseeker]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have been seeing them all my life as well. Most of the time I catch them out of the corner of my eye, like your son. My daughter sees them sometimes too, and she is 9. I did have a bad experience with one a long time ago, but that was the kind with the red eyes, and I dont normally see them. That one I saw straight on, not in my peripheral vision. I just want to reassure him that yes, this is a widely reported phenomenon, and if everyone who saw them was nuts the world is in big trouble.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When the shadow people phenomenon was first discussed on Art Bell about 10
years ago, there was a woman who told a fantastic story. She was a medical doctor
(which Art verified, for what it's worth).

She said she saw several recurring shadow people when she was younger and
attending med school. She thought it was due to stress, but when she became an MD and had
a successful practice (less stress) she still saw them.

One shadow man in particular would walk around her house in the early morning hours. She saw
him straight-on, big as life. Not just a peripheral vision
thing! He would stand by her bed and even touch her arm, as if he was curious.

I heard a story second hand about a shadow being who was crouching down
like it was going to attack someone as they walked through a backyard late at night.
They also saw it very clearly and described it as looking like someone in a jet-black Spiderman
suit, with a strange "floating" movement. It scared them so bad, they ran for nearly a mile before stopping.
This was years before the shadow person 'thing' hit the news.

I think like most 'paranormal' stuff, there is actually a logical expalnation
behind most sightings, but I do believe shadow beings exist.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I see them too. You are not alone. I even see them flying around the room

new topics

top topics

join