It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s “Civilian National Security Force” What does this mean to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
This is obviously the same thing that Mussolini and Hitler did, not positive about Stalin. The Obama Youth. What a joke. That's change alright, a bunch of kids running around keeping notes about their parents and their neighbors. Turning in their friends and family for crimes against the state. Great idea Barry, thanks

where does obama mention 'youth'?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

Is this disturbing enough ??

www.bittenandbound.com...

even if it's 18-24 would that make you feel better ?
I sure hope not

here's a working vid
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by MetatronCubensis]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
reply to post by alienesque

Is this disturbing enough ??

www.bittenandbound.com...

even if it's 18-24 would that make you feel better ?
I sure hope not

hi..of course...ive seen this and its very odd indeed...i just need to know where obama actually said that his new civilian brigade will be a youth brigade..ive been listening to alex jones and he goes on and on about the obama 'youth'..but i cant find anything to back this up...

for all i know this video may be of some very strange children simply doing this for themselves...i dont know

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What it means to me? Right-wing anti-americans be afraid. BE VERY AFRAID.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well all of his service plans are listed in the change.gov site:
change.gov - service

...set a goal that all middle and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year...

What's more disturbing is the 'required' service:

Require 100 Hours of Service in College: Obama and Biden will establish a new American Opportunity Tax Credit that is worth $4,000 a year in exchange for 100 hours of public service a year.

While $4000 is certainly a good deal, to require service is questionable. Perhaps 'require' is not the right word.

It inspired this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:

If you look under the education section, it indicates that required is only used in terms of those who will receive the credit:

...the first $4,000 of a college education is completely free... [but]recipients of the credit will be required to conduct 100 hours of community service.

[edit on 7/11/08 by Thaumaturgus]

[edit on 7/11/08 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

LOL you're kidding, right? Go to YouTube and you can WATCH Obama say it HIMSELF.. forget REPORTS..see it with your own eyes..hear it with your own ears..

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah what's your point, in Florida you have to do 100 community service house, 25 hours a year, just go get the last credt you need to get out of highschool. It would take a proven plan that's in republican and democrat states alike, and apply it nationally.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
CONTEXT vs OUT OF CONTEXT SPIN

In the actual full context of his remarks he is refering to expanding current Corps programs established under Roosevelt, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush and Clinton etc.

And by the way...there is no "required service" as some have chosen to BS on the issue here. He is offering money for college in exchange for public service at home or in the military...the same program that gave us the "Greatest Generation".

In the full context nothing sinister

Context is important.

Actual Remarks....

We'll send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people.
We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods. We'll enlist veterans to help other vets find jobs and support, and to be there for our military families. And we'll also grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Watch the youtube video of the speech here and start at the 15 minute mark and ask yourself what you think he was talking about.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by maybereal11]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join